Ezekiel Elliott, how many yards do we really need from him

kskboys

Reaction score
Playing devil's advocate for a minute, Jerry really doesn't HAVE to tell the coaches directly what to do. He has on occasion used a media outburst to get his message across. Remember when the Titans and Chris Johnson were coming to town and Jerry talked up how they were more than happy to have Felix Jones instead of CJ? Then lo and behold Felix got what was then a career high in carries and yards that game. Remember the game when we failed to run the ball down close and kept throwing it and settling for FGs and then the next two games we ran it every time we got inside the 10? Remember the stretch of games when the special teams were particularly horrid and Jerry had a fit about them.. then the next game we had a new return man and I think even auditioned a couple of new kickers. Jerry doesn't need to hop on the phone or call the coaches into his office to let them know what he is thinking about who is playing an how. No I don't think he gets in the coaches' face about football matters.. but they know what he's thinking.. and if they like getting paychecks.. they figure out how to make the boss happy.
Ick.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
apparently neither do empty calorie passing yards, receiving yards etc etc how about instead of trying late game comebacks, we get up early, not turning it over is good start, limit getting behind the chains etc then the run game can be more effective...

works both ways whatever they say about Zeke can be said about Dak...yards dont lead to wins quality scores and playing with leads and not shooting yourself in the foot would be nice..

Amen.. it does no good to move the ball then settle for field goals or turn it over. I really think Dak was still in the process of finding that balance between uber-conservative with the ball like he was his rookie year and very aggressive like he was at times in 2019. I thought he was finding that equilibrium in 2020 before he went down. I believe his last two INTs were off the receiver's hands. The last one was the one against the Giants that went through Zeke's hands. It was a continuation of a really rough start for Zeke in terms of ball security. I also think that not having to play without both starting tackles is probably going to result in a lot fewer blindside hits resulting in fumbles. Just a guess.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes explain it to me. Because when I watch games I’m lucky to see two passes over the middle maybe one completion to a tight end. Longer than 15 yards And stop at the little emoji’s and make you look like a little child

How can I explain it to you? Why would any OC avoid the middle of the field? I definitely dont notice that. Now during Garrett I would see lots of things he rarely did. Like rub routes, WR screens, play action passing, ect....ect....

Moore has made the offense dynamic and taken it to another level. Dak has flourished under Moore. Despite the Oline injury issues.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Look at the yardage. 5 yards 10 yards that’s where all the green dots are in the middle.Is that an entire season of passes. Which makes it even less There’s only two green dots between the hashmarks. LMAO yeah explain it to me

If you cant read the chart, lets just move on. If you want to think we dont throw over the middle, thats fine with me.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude you’re screwed up. LOL no wonder why people have problems with you. We go on an 80 yard drive. That doesn’t mean he touches the ball the entire 80 yards. But he’s on the field. I don’t know why I bother. Yeah everybody’s right you’re a little bit off the wall. And I usually don’t have a problem with you because I let it go

Well thats what you implied. Does it matter anyway? Zeke is one of the only top backs waving to come out.

Off the wall? Hell ya!!:yourock:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
of course it all maters but again read my replies and carefully know ive researched this ,

THE OFFENSE CREATED HOLES WITH EARLY TURNOVERS, YES INCLUDING Daks fumbles and ints, zekes fumbles, OL penalties, WR dropping passes etc etc

we wouldn't have needed 30+PPG had it not for offense shooting themselves in the foot and making a suspect defense have to play 2 short fields game, a few like the one ive looked back on before early last year against Seatle, the offense gave up one fumble IE dak on OUR 10yard lone.um not many defenses are stopping RW on the 10 first and goal..Dak only needed to score 10 more points because of his own mistakes. Dak lost that Seatle game IMO..brag about his yards all you want and one late garbage scores, we lost over mistakes that piled on our defense..

yes defense was worst unit but knowing that our stars on offense need to stop making big mistakes early..

so the offense and Dak also helped in our demise the last few seasons. Its not only zeke you can harp on his 5 lost fumbles which were two bad games in row but cleaned up later..Dak played 5 games and had quite few Tos of his own for 5 games..

so all those yards were meaningless and late but coming up short comebacks mean nothing as they were Ls..

First of all, the argument started around how many carries Zeke needs to have for the team to be successful. We have pretty much established that running yards don't matter given your attempt to now move the goalposts.

No one has been arguing that the team didn't need to limit turnovers although Zeke ended the year with the issue cleaned up and Dak has a very good track record overall.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We
Let’s talk about production. OK so you’re the league leading rusher. What did those yards do. You start on your own 20 yard line. By the time you get to the red zone. You’re not as fresh. No I’d rather see more balance going down the field. And then use every bit of energy to pound the ball into the end zone. No, this is as much on coaching as it is on anything else. Special teams should be much better the season so we don’t have to start every drive on are side of the field. I guess there’s a reason why there’s only one rushing title leader with the ring . Some fans don’t think an extra game is a big deal. Ask the players at the end of the season how big of a deal it is. Go cowboys
Need him to just remain healthy.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
this is on KM he shoulders half the blame in my eyes..
Of course he does. Start coaching, the locker room the team individuals. Everything plays a role. I just hope we can all come together

Flamma

Reaction score
Forget the yards, Dallas needs Zeke to be a threat to the defense so they can have a balanced attack.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jonses do NOT tell coaches who to play and how much
So if that is true then MM could bench elliot for the season and make pollard the starter lol
and jerry wouldnt say anything to him>??:rolleyes:
He could replace lamb with feheko, and make lamb the bkup no problem !

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need him when we need him. In other words, stop going to the sidelines because you’re gassed.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Of course he does. Start coaching, the locker room the team individuals. Everything plays a role. I just hope we can all come together
And stay lucky and avoid injuries. All those injuries had to be because we were not in shape before the season started. Not enough time with trainers and coaches last year with the virus. That seems to be changing.

kskboys

Reaction score
Some people on this board would honestly pick 1600 yards. Including Jerry. And that is why we fail.
I think it's irrelevant either way. It's about what makes a team successful, not how many yards one player has.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Let’s talk about production. OK so you’re the league leading rusher. What did those yards do. You start on your own 20 yard line. By the time you get to the red zone. You’re not as fresh. No I’d rather see more balance going down the field. And then use every bit of energy to pound the ball into the end zone. No, this is as much on coaching as it is on anything else. Special teams should be much better the season so we don’t have to start every drive on are side of the field. I guess there’s a reason why there’s only one rushing title leader with the ring . Some fans don’t think an extra game is a big deal. Ask the players at the end of the season how big of a deal it is. Go cowboys
The other teams have had awhile to study Moore's playcalling. Like all successful offenses..teams share their notes and copy what works. Zeke has been a force for 5 years now. You have to expect him to be slowed down over time. Emmitt Smith was the only RB I remember who was able to adjust to what was being done to stop him.

kskboys

Reaction score
The other teams have had awhile to study Moore's playcalling. Like all successful offenses..teams share their notes and copy what works. Zeke has been a force for 5 years now. You have to expect him to be slowed down over time. Emmitt Smith was the only RB I remember who was able to adjust to what was being done to stop him.
Emmit too. His 6th year in the league, Emmit's YPC was 4.7. He never got above 4.2 for a season the rest of his career.