News: Ezekiel Elliott may have a Grade 2 (partially torn) MCL sprain (conflicting reports)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think I might get some hate here but losing Zeke isn’t a big deal. Best game was 81 yards. Only has 1 20plus carry this season. 4 yards a carry. He has been terrible on third and shorts. Not much in the passing game. He is very average. The challenge will be limiting Pollard so he doesn’t get beat up. That said Zeke is infinitely replaceable.

Rushing I agree, Zeke is nothing special anymore..........however, Zeke's best asset nowadays is his pass blocking ability.

Zeke can pass block better than some of our offensive lineman can, dude just stone walls LBs like its nothing.

Zeke is by far the best pass blocking RB in the league, he will be missed on 3rd down blitz pickup if he sits this week.

Sydla

Reaction score
No they didn’t. A sprain is a tear.

It’s hilarious watching people try to convince themselves a reputable newspaper just made something up for ***** and giggles.

And FWIW if there is an entity to not trust when it comes to injuries and reporting it’s the Cowboys themselves.

Dakota

Reaction score
I was happy to see Dak shake the rust off playing a few patsies, however, we do lose some pass protection now. Don't think it is a big deal, but getting a key block from your running back is always welcome.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Any of our tight ends good at blocking?

Both Hendershot and Ferguson are pretty decent blocking in line where they can stand up and get in the way but lining up at full back and having to run 3-4 yards and slam into another 250 pound man is a different deal. I have not seen either of them look work a darn in that role.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Rushing I agree, Zeke is nothing special anymore..........however, Zeke's best asset nowadays is his pass blocking ability.

Zeke can pass block better than some of our offensive lineman can, dude just stone walls LBs like its nothing.

Zeke is by far the best pass blocking RB in the league, he will be missed on 3rd down blitz pickup if he sits this week.

He's also one of the best if not THE best short yardage back in the league.. at least as long as Moore doesn't call any outside play with Dalton Schultz as the primary edge blocker.. I always applaud and appreciate Zeke for accepting his role in the offense and adapting his running style and approach for it. The kid is just about team team team.. I think he could do more for the team as a runner but they're not going to give him the ball enough to allow him to do that so kudos to him for doing what he needs to do within the framework of an offense that really doesn't suit his running style.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Those Lions players were intentionally going at our players' knees! (ie...Zeke, Noah, Shultz, CeeDee) The NFL needs to come down hard with fines and suspensions against any player who goes at another player's knees in order to tackle them. It is inexcusable! They can aim much higher like one is taught to make a proper tackle.
Why, if you touch a helmet in todays game its a 15 yarder.
League made the rules because the players union made them pay mad cash due to concussions.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why, if you touch a helmet in todays game its a 15 yarder.
League made the rules because the players union made them pay mad cash due to concussions.
So protecting players' heads from a couple of games of concussion is good, but blowing out their knees which could cost them the rest of the season or career is fair game?