Twitter: Ezekiel Elliott Must Be 'Smarter' After 'Mistake,' Says Cowboys RB Coach

ksadler1

Reaction score
Zeke is not confusing this time period for the 70s and 80s. He has to know everyone has a camera.

And you're absolutely right here. Zeke is not stupid and I can guarantee you he knows this.That's why I laugh when people say, "Zeke has got to be smarter". Zeke is plenty smart. Zeke lacks common sense, not brains...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And you're absolutely right here. Zeke is not stupid and I can guarantee you he knows this.That's why I laugh when people say, "Zeke has got to be smarter". Zeke is plenty smart. Zeke lacks common sense, not brains...
He lacks self control and if this is alcohol related, as most believe, nothing better to lose self control with than alcohol.

There's a reason one of the references to drinking too much is "I got stupid last night". I like to drink but I also realize when I might be approaching "stupid territory" but I am also a hell of a lot older with less money than Elliott. But this is only one side of the guy and seems to bring out his worst side. He doesn't seem like a bad guy at all.

The kindest, gentlest and sweetest man I ever knew was my uncle....until he crossed that line when drinking. Elliott doesn't seem like a mean drunk, just a stupid one. And I've yet to encounter a smart drunk.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I have plenty more, that’s the problem. I have to pick and chose not so wisely but this is one I’m not even getting into.

IMOF, since I give up I’ll officially concede. If he thinks tackling each other on the football field deserves the same amount of punishment, and be classified as assault, as myself tackling someone standing at a bus stop then he can keep on thinking that.
Hey man, we're all here to have fun (I think most are). I get your point.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He lacks self control and if this is alcohol related, as most believe, nothing better to lose self control with than alcohol.

There's a reason one of the references to drinking too much is "I got stupid last night". I like to drink but I also realize when I might be approaching "stupid territory" but I am also a hell of a lot older with less money than Elliott. But this is only one side of the guy and seems to bring out his worst side. He doesn't seem like a bad guy at all.

The kindest, gentlest and sweetest man I ever knew was my uncle....until he crossed that line when drinking. Elliott doesn't seem like a mean drunk, just a stupid one. And I've yet to encounter a smart drunk.
He was looking pretty wobbly, when they were following him all around.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It was basically public knowledge that when Dez was drafted, that David Wells was assigned to him, he actually lived with David Wells his rookie season.. @WoodysGirl could confirm this as well,, haven't seen her around in some time.
My father was really good friends with David Wells, so at that time I had a lot of insider info on the entire Dez situation and relationship with Wells, but after my father passed away , my inside info did as well.
Point being, I'm surprised, maybe uninformed, that there isn't even a slight amount of the same attention being associated with Zeke.
Haven't heard any affiliation with Wells, don't even know if he is still on the payroll, but one would think with the amount of attention that Dez was given by this franchise, that Zeke would be afforded the same luxury..ie...expense..ie... investment

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
I don't think that. It's telling that you have to change my argument to dismiss it. Try again.
What’s the point in arguing if you don’t think it? So give me your opinion instead of asking me what the difference is.

Haimerej

Reaction score
What’s the point in arguing if you don’t think it? So give me your opinion instead of asking me what the difference is.

Where did I say getting tackled on the field is the same thing? You're obfuscating. My opinion has been given. Stop avoiding and explain why a coach or player can assault someone worse than Zeke did the security guard and you're cool with it.

The video I posted was not an action inherent to the game itself. It was two guys impeding someone from walking away and physically confronting him. You said Zeke doing much less was a violation of the conduct policy. What makes it ok if it's done on the sideline?

aria

Reaction score
Where did I say getting tackled on the field is the same thing? You're obfuscating. My opinion has been given. Stop avoiding and explain why a coach or player can assault someone worse than Zeke did the security guard and you're cool with it.

The video I posted was not an action inherent to the game itself. It was two guys impeding someone from walking away and physically confronting him. You said Zeke doing much less was a violation of the conduct policy. What makes it ok if it's done on the sideline?
So to be clear, your opinion is that an NFL player blocking a teammate from walking down the sideline and confronting him should be in the personal conduct category as Zeke turning around to confront a stranger, putting his hands on him causing him to fall over and that both actions should result in the same punishment if any?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That all sounds swell from his RB coach but does he think he's the first to tell Elliott to straighten up and fly right? People have been trying to do this for at least 5 years with him.

This is nothing more than damage control from the "how does this look" department of the Cowboys.
Your on fire Coach . Preach it brother!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The problem is that everyone knows the way Zeke acts when he drinks and theres always going to be a camera on him, especially when he's been drinking. Why Zeke can't grasp the fact that people are going to try and cash in is beyond me. He needs to watch who he's hanging out with too. I wouldn't be surprised if that "girlfriend" following him around wasn't trying to set him up...
You seem like an enabler to me. An excuse maker for rude and low behavior.
The problem is not liquor and cameras.

Haimerej

Reaction score
So to be clear, your opinion is that an NFL player blocking a teammate from walking down the sideline and confronting him should be in the personal conduct category as Zeke turning around to confront a stranger, putting his hands on him causing him to fall over and that both actions should result in the same punishment if any?

No. To be clear, Zeke didn't put his hands on the guy. So you got that wrong. Second error- you're leaving out the part where the teammates put their hands on the player.

I'm asking you to explain how it's different (without omitting from and adding to the situations, as you did above). I'm not saying it should be in the personal conduct policy. I'm taking your standard of Zeke being in the wrong and applying that principle across the board. Both situations involved unwanted physical confrontation. If it's wrong for Zeke, why is it ok in the other situation? Do tell.

aria

Reaction score
No. To be clear, Zeke didn't put his hands on the guy. So you got that wrong. Second error- you're leaving out the part where the teammates put their hands on the player.

I'm asking you to explain how it's different (without omitting from and adding to the situations, as you did above). I'm not saying it should be in the personal conduct policy. I'm taking your standard of Zeke being in the wrong and applying that principle across the board. Both situations involved unwanted physical confrontation. If it's wrong for Zeke, why is it ok in the other situation? Do tell.
Zeke used his shoulder into the guy, he made physical contact. I’m not going to split hairs over it.

Ok, by your logic, a receiver gets tackled before receiving the ball. That’s unwanted physical contact, not only should the defender get a flag but he should be subjected to the NFL’s personal conduct policy. I guess Tank should be fined for his latest tweet as well, that’s intimidation, right? IMOF, the league itself is in violation of it’s own policy by intimidating players with a code of conduct policy.

You got me, coaches and players should be suspended for slapping teammates on their butts, that’s no way to represent the shield and surely it’s unwanted behavior along with sexual harassment. Coaches yelling at players on the sideline is uncalled for and should be intimidation. Even officials warning players is intimidation but I guess they can get away with it because they’re not official employees of the NFL.

I can’t believe I didn’t see things your way first, I’ve been wrong all along. You win another argument and did a fantastic job. Kudos and wet willies!

CWR

Reaction score
Have any of you heard the RB coach speak on meetings? Just another one of the guys, idiot, only older.

Maybe Zeke needs someone a little more stern and less big brother like. Someone he actually believes will impose consequences. Or maybe not....

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Outstanding point.

:facepalm:

ksadler1

Reaction score
You seem like an enabler to me. An excuse maker for rude and low behavior.
The problem is not liquor and cameras.

I don't even know how you came to that conclusion. If anyone enables Zeke it's this sorry excuse of a FO...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
So to get this straight, two teammates on a football field who get in each others face or even shove each other is no different then Zeke shoving a security guard or a stanger?
This is a stupid beyond measure omparison.