Twitter: Ezekiel Elliott Must Be 'Smarter' After 'Mistake,' Says Cowboys RB Coach

aria

Reaction score
You must be bored. You want me to explain how one teammate confronting and putting his hands on another teammate on the sideline is different from Zeke confronting and putting his hands on a security guard. This is the absolute DUMBEST argument I have ever heard and although I originally said I wouldn’t even respond to this nonsense, I have, and way too much.

As I said, you win! They’re both the same and both should be punished accordingly :rolleyes:

Haimerej

Reaction score
So in your eyes jerry is all knowing genius , with no flaws and we should worship him for all his greatness ??:omg:

No. Not sure how you got that from what I said.

In the context of this discussion, Jerry is supposed to be a problem for the NFL. Coach and Greg have made the point that the NFL has to deal with these players because if they don't their image will suffer. These problem players are, "detrimental to the league," and no team has more of them than Jerry's team.

My point is simple- if what they say is true, why is the team with the most problem players the biggest franchise sports?

Haimerej

Reaction score
You must be bored. You want me to explain how one teammate confronting and putting his hands on another teammate on the sideline is different from Zeke confronting and putting his hands on a security guard.

Yes. Now you're getting it.

This is the absolute DUMBEST argument I have ever heard and although I originally said I wouldn’t even respond to this nonsense, I have, and way too much.

If it's dumb, shouldn't it be easy to explain why?

As I said, you win! They’re both the same and both should be punished accordingly :rolleyes:

So then we should keep an eye on Witten this year. Hopefully he matures and learns to keep his hands to himself. Of course Jerry and company bring him back. They're all about excusing the behavior of these problem players.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No. Not sure how you got that from what I said.

In the context of this discussion, Jerry is supposed to be a problem for the NFL. Coach and Greg have made the point that the NFL has to deal with these players because if they don't their image will suffer. These problem players are, "detrimental to the league," and no team has more of them than Jerry's team.

My point is simple- if what they say is true, why is the team with the most problem players the biggest franchise sports?
Ok I did misconstrue your meaning, sorry.
I dont think the cowboys have more problem players, it just seems like it since usually we only keep up with this one team.
Just Imagine if tyrek hill was on this team imagine the threads on that!

I think coach was trying to say Jerry doesnt see his problem players as problems lol , and he tends to baby them , when maybe he
should get tougher with them.
Jerry is like a parent to the players, and he is a softie and thinks his kiddie players are not doing anything wrong.
And just like when a real parent has a kid that is getting into trouble, and they baby them, they are not going to get better.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Ok I did misconstrue your meaning, sorry.
I dont think the cowboys have more problem players, it just seems like it since usually we only keep up with this one team.
Just Imagine if tyrek hill was on this team imagine the threads on that!

I think coach was trying to say Jerry doesnt see his problem players as problems lol , and he tends to baby them , when maybe he
should get tougher with them.
Jerry is like a parent to the players, and he is a softie and thinks his kiddie players are not doing anything wrong.
And just like when a real parent has a kid that is getting into trouble, and they baby them, they are not going to get better.

My point of view is the only reason Zeke is considered a problem is because of hypersensitive busybodies looking for a reason to punish the best player on the biggest media draw.

aria

Reaction score
Yes. Now you're getting it.

If it's dumb, shouldn't it be easy to explain why?

So then we should keep an eye on Witten this year. Hopefully he matures and learns to keep his hands to himself. Of course Jerry and company bring him back. They're all about excusing the behavior of these problem players.
You do realize the more you bring this up the more ridiculous you let everyone know you are, right? You would be lucky to find even a few people on this site that support you this absurd line of jacked reasoning. Of course, you are the same guy that said anyone should be able to punch anyone else in the mouth over words so it kinda makes sense.

Haimerej

Reaction score
You do realize the more you bring this up the more ridiculous you let everyone know you are, right?

This is supposed to concern me?

You would be lucky to find even a few people on this site that support you this absurd line of jacked reasoning.

Appeals to popularity don't work. I'm a freethinker. To be clear, I'm applying your standard. I know you're trying to make it seem that's the way I think, but that's probably due to your poor reading comprehension and lack of principles.

Of course, you are the same guy that said anyone should be able to punch anyone else in the mouth over words so it kinda makes sense.

That's not really what I said. But this kind of obfuscation seems to be your thing. Do whatever you can to avoid the point, though.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

FRISCO (105.3 The Fan) - It is the stated public position of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones that star running back Ezekiel Elliott's "Vegas Video'' isn't worthy of "consequences,'' a position that sources tell me has ruffled the feathers of NFL higher-ups.

Maybe Cowboys running backs coach Gary Brown's position will massage those feathers back into place.

It’s a situation you don’t want to be in, but we all make mistakes,” said Brown after Wednesday's OTA workout here inside The Star. “Even the greatest leaders make mistakes. We have to be understanding of that. ... We have talked to him about doing better and moving forward.''

The "mistake''? A recent 3 a.m. conflict in Las Vegas that ended up on video, showing Elliott eventually being handcuffed by police. He was not arrested and no charges have been filed. But I'm told the NFL is investigating the situation in accordance with its personal conduct policy -- the same policy that put Elliott's behavior in the spotlight in 2017 when the NFL handed him that contested and controversial six-game suspension.

Part of Jones' position, as he responded to my question about Elliott's otherwise exemplary behavior this offseason, is about the good being achieved by Elliott outweighing the bad (or at least what the NFL judged to be "bad,'' as law enforcement officials never have arrested Elliott for any infraction). And indeed, his charity work, his efforts as an unofficial mascot of the NHL's Dallas Stars and his gesture to pay for the funeral of a slain teen in St. Louis figure to earn him points here -- maybe to the degree that he only receives a fine as a result of the Vegas incident.

Said Brown: "We can’t beat him down for that (negative in Las Vegas). Obviously, we don’t want him in that situation. We talked to him and move on. He understands, ‘I can’t put myself in that position. I have got to be smarter.’ We all make mistakes.”

Meanwhile, Elliott's on-field work has continues at the highest level. The two-time NFL rushing champ continues to rank as arguably the team's best player, and Brown and young teammates say, one of its best leaders, too. Rookie Tony Pollard told reporters on Wednesday that Zeke has led the "bonding'' effort in the position group.

“He’s done a great job with all the running backs, just getting us together, having us over to his house for cookouts, and just bonding,” Pollard said. “In here he’s been helping us with little pointers and things we can sharpen up and get our game better with.”

Added Brown: “He has been a great leader, great with the young guys. He is an awesome dude, a big-brother type with the young guys.”

Which mistake by Zeke are we discussing this time?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
How about the piece of trash girl that he was with? Chick was wearing a skimpy thong to a concert. LOL

Nice butt aside, that is low class trash. And you could tell that she was completely embarrassed by him and was trying to get away from him.

Zeke is nothing but an immature piece of trash. Verdict is in, and he is found guilty.
Lots of name calling by you, Mr. Perfect, as you sit in your double wide, skinning rabbits and working on your chaw.

aria

Reaction score
This is supposed to concern me?

Appeals to popularity don't work. I'm a freethinker. To be clear, I'm applying your standard. I know you're trying to make it seem that's the way I think, but that's probably due to your poor reading comprehension and lack of principles.

That's not really what I said. But this kind of obfuscation seems to be your thing. Do whatever you can to avoid the point, though.
Did you just learn the word obfuscation today? You sound like a broken record.

By free thinker, do you mean you're a flat earther as well? I could easily and seriously see that.

Haimerej

Reaction score

Nope. Known it for a long time. Perhaps my usage of it is directly related to your posting. Ever think of that?

By free thinker, do you mean you're a flat earther as well? I could easily and seriously see that.

Nope. Pathetic attempt of trying to dismiss and avoid.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Elliot is as arrogant and stubborn as he is talented. This isn't the first time nor the last. Some guys just can't help themselves.

aria

Reaction score
Nope. Known it for a long time. Perhaps my usage of it is directly related to your posting. Ever think of that?

Nope. Pathetic attempt of trying to dismiss and avoid.
What’s pathetic is trying to say one teammate blocking and putting his hands on another teammate while on the sideline during a game is the same as Zeke doing the same thing to a security guard :lmao:

cern

Reaction score
I have always found it best to be smarter before the mistake rather than after. but he's young, a big kid at heart, and I just didn't see anything overtly criminal in what he did. I remain of the opinion zeke is a good hearted guy.

cern

Reaction score

I eschew obfuscation whenever possible.

DanA

Reaction score
I'd rather he not be a **** person than "be smart". Seems like everybody is making excuses for him because he's heavily scrutinized but the bottom line is it was a ****** move, not illegal or whatever, just ****** bag behavior.