big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ezekiel Elliott on RB by committee: I’ll do whatever it takes to help this team
By Charean Williams
Published June 5, 2024

The Cowboys used the fourth overall pick on Ezekiel Elliott in 2016, a year after trying something of a running back by committee with Darren McFadden and Joseph Randle. McFadden served as the bridge between DeMarco Murray and Elliott, rushing for 1,089 yards in 2015.

Now, Elliott is that guy after spending most of his previous time in Dallas as THE guy.

He will share carries with Rico Dowdle, Royce Freeman and Deuce Vaughn.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...is-team?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I doubt Zeke “shares” many carries with any of the scrub RBs.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
At least he’s a team guy who brings some leadership to a team that needs it.

I said a few days ago the way Zeke is going to play now vs when he was younger is going to be different. He’s not going to go easy he knows he doesn’t have many years left. I think you’re going to see a guy who is going to punish a lot of defenders. There won’t be many business decisions.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
At least he’s a team guy who brings some leadership to a team that needs it.

I said a few days ago the way Zeke is going to play now vs when he was younger is going to be different. He’s not going to go easy he knows he doesn’t have many years left. I think you’re going to see a guy who is going to punish a lot of defenders. There won’t be many business decisions.
I would love to see a resurgence of his career. He was fun to watch. That Pittsburgh game is still one of my favorite Cowboys games.

slick325

Reaction score
This statement is why I will always be a Zeke guy. Team first guy. Even when we all know he should have been Rookie of the Year in 2016 AND offensive player of the year in the NFC. Never said a word as his guy got all the love.

My type of locker room guy. Welcome back, Zeke.

Motorola

Reaction score
That dude sucked. Never understood the fascination with him. I was glad when they picked up McFadden.
Randle was a spot duty \ relief player that benefitted from having occasional long runs that inflated his stats to make him appear as a really good running back.
Exhibit A - 2015 season week 3 - Cowboys @ Falcons.
First game without Romo after he suffered that broken collarbone.the week before.
Randle scored 3 TDs and had 87 yards rushing on 14 carries (his best game career-wise) that averaged out to be 6.21 yards per attempt - but if you took out his 37-yard run on one play - his production on the other 13 rushes resulted in just 50 yards = 3.85 Y/A.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is just happy to be on a NFL roster.
tenor.gif

Chasing6

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott on RB by committee: I’ll do whatever it takes to help this team
By Charean Williams
Published June 5, 2024

The Cowboys used the fourth overall pick on Ezekiel Elliott in 2016, a year after trying something of a running back by committee with Darren McFadden and Joseph Randle. McFadden served as the bridge between DeMarco Murray and Elliott, rushing for 1,089 yards in 2015.

Now, Elliott is that guy after spending most of his previous time in Dallas as THE guy.

He will share carries with Rico Dowdle, Royce Freeman and Deuce Vaughn.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...is-team?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
He should have said anything but play Center.