Ezekiel Elliott on RB by committee: I'll do whatever it takes to help this team

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt Zeke “shares” many carries with any of the scrub RBs.
He won't with all of them - it's not going to be a spread of carries between 4 people. But I imagine Rico will get his share. Whether Deuce gets a share will depend on taking a step up from last year.

plasticman

Reaction score
I forgot about McFadden, it’s a shame how Joseph Randle ended up.
LOL....that 2015 season.

Didn't resign DeMarco Murray, the leading rusher in 2014. Murray was so successful in 2014 that they were able to reduce Romo's passing by at least 20%. With less pressure as a result of great running attack, 2014 was he only year in which Tony Romo was the leading passer in the NFL in terms of passer rating.

So, Jerry gives us this brilliant analysis on Joseph Randle, but not as brilliant as Joesph Randle himself. Randle claimed that Murray "left too much meat on the bone" and he would rectify that. Apparently, this was to happen once Randle was fully stocked in underwear and cologne. He was so concerned about this that he forgot to pay the cashier and got popped for shoplifting.

Anyway, Klepto Joe would look great with his first five carries of the game. After that, he averaged less than two yards a carry. When he was told he was being replaced by McFadden, he left the team. A few weeks later he was arrested in a motel for weed, carrying a gun without a permit, and domestic abuse. After a half dozen more arrests later, Randle is now in a state hospital for competency restoration.

McFadden had 6 hundred yard games and the Cowboys lost five of them. this was the season that Romo was hurt and when Cassel flatlined, it became a game of musical quarterbacks that included Brandon Weeden and even Kellen Moore.

McFadden got the majority of his yards late in the season when the Cowboys were constantly behind and the defenses were keying on the passing game. They pretty much ignored run defense and were pinning their ears back for a pass rush on almost every play.

Their three pro Bowl linemen, Smith, Martin and Fredericks were 25, 25, and 24 years of age. Dan Baily made the Pro Bowl, he was the Cowboys leading scorer by 85 points over Cole Beasely.

The Cowboys management disrespects the position of RB at about the same degree as they worship the WR position and it cost them the 2010 and 2015 seasons.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
At least he’s a team guy who brings some leadership to a team that needs it.

I said a few days ago the way Zeke is going to play now vs when he was younger is going to be different. He’s not going to go easy he knows he doesn’t have many years left. I think you’re going to see a guy who is going to punish a lot of defenders. There won’t be many business decisions.
Lmao. The only thing Zeke will be punishing is the grass.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
This is going to be interesting to watch. As an older guy Zeke will need to be smart about doing this. He has always left defenders slow to get up in his wake because dude just brings a load to any collision as a running back. But if he starts to show a lot of production I hope the coaching staff takes him aside and asks him to quit running over people and maybe run around a few. That way he can stay in the line up and be the tenderizer of the defense for the younger, quicker guys to capitalize on. But to your last point I think there will be plenty of business decisions being made, by cornerbacks and safeties, any time Zeke gets to the second level.
Not in this reality. But you will go M.I.A. again when Zeke fizzles out mid and late season. Just like you did before.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
LOL....that 2015 season.

Didn't resign DeMarco Murray, the leading rusher in 2014. Murray was so successful in 2014 that they were able to reduce Romo's passing by at least 20%. With less pressure as a result of great running attack, 2014 was he only year in which Tony Romo was the leading passer in the NFL in terms of passer rating.

So, Jerry gives us this brilliant analysis on Joseph Randle, but not as brilliant as Joesph Randle himself. Randle claimed that Murray "left too much meat on the bone" and he would rectify that. Apparently, this was to happen once Randle was fully stocked in underwear and cologne. He was so concerned about this that he forgot to pay the cashier and got popped for shoplifting.

Anyway, Klepto Joe would look great with his first five carries of the game. After that, he averaged less than two yards a carry. When he was told he was being replaced by McFadden, he left the team. A few weeks later he was arrested in a motel for weed, carrying a gun without a permit, and domestic abuse. After a half dozen more arrests later, Randle is now in a state hospital for competency restoration.

McFadden had 6 hundred yard games and the Cowboys lost five of them. this was the season that Romo was hurt and when Cassel flatlined, it became a game of musical quarterbacks that included Brandon Weeden and even Kellen Moore.

McFadden got the majority of his yards late in the season when the Cowboys were constantly behind and the defenses were keying on the passing game. They pretty much ignored run defense and were pinning their ears back for a pass rush on almost every play.

Their three pro Bowl linemen, Smith, Martin and Fredericks were 25, 25, and 24 years of age. Dan Baily made the Pro Bowl, he was the Cowboys leading scorer by 85 points over Cole Beasely.

The Cowboys management disrespects the position of RB at about the same degree as they worship the WR position and it cost them the 2010 and 2015 seasons.
McFadden's one season here makes him one of the most overrated Cowboys players of all time. He wasn't effective.

Surfguy

Reaction score
3...2...1...until we start hearing about how Zeke is in the best off-season shape he's ever been in.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott on RB by committee: I’ll do whatever it takes to help this team
By Charean Williams
Published June 5, 2024

The Cowboys used the fourth overall pick on Ezekiel Elliott in 2016, a year after trying something of a running back by committee with Darren McFadden and Joseph Randle. McFadden served as the bridge between DeMarco Murray and Elliott, rushing for 1,089 yards in 2015.

Now, Elliott is that guy after spending most of his previous time in Dallas as THE guy.

He will share carries with Rico Dowdle, Royce Freeman and Deuce Vaughn.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...is-team?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Translation.... I can still pass block.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Translation.... I can still pass block.
If the O-line can possibly make an occasional hole, instead of getting pushed back into the handoff...might do more than block.

Maybe we can find another guy to "showcase his speed to the edge" like Pollard had to do?