Ezekiel Elliott responds to critiques of his play

aria

Reaction score
This post seems to be more about who you are than about Zeke's intelligence.

Immature. Yes. Makes poor decisions when drinking. Yes. None of those are measures of intelligence. The intelligence trope is just a convenient tool for you to express your true self.
So you’re claiming every time he’s made poor decisions that he’s been drinking? Even if your answer is yes, wouldn’t an even half way smart person, especially with his history, realize that if every time he’s been in the news for the wrong reasons he’s been drinking then maybe he should stop drinking in public?

I don’t consider myself smart by any means but why was I able to figure that out for myself when I was 20 years old and didn’t have a multi million dollar career on the line?

Thanks for telling me about me, I never knew so much about myself.

aria

Reaction score
I had almost typed out a response that said the same thing in less eloquent terms. I wish this board would get back to football.
Do it, you’re “man” enough to say you had something to say so say it.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Lol, I mean seriously, what’s the point in saying you were going to say something but didn’t? Why not just not say anything at all?
I don't know. I just said Imma Kick Yo Booty!
Come on, Mr. Bouncer Man! I'm 5'8" and 165 pounds of...
Damn. Let me get back to you on that.

movaughn88

Reaction score

Sure - you seem to have a personal agenda against Zeke that has nothing to do with football. He got a 32 on the wonderlic, which is one of the highest scores ever for a RB, so he's objectively pretty intelligent. He's a kid having fun and being *extremely* scrutinized, moreso than even most professional athletes. Yes absolutely - he's made some dumb decisions, but who hasn't? He's been a fantastic RB for this team.

You have been extremely negative on this thread (and generally if memory serves) and don't seem to have much of a sense of humor about this, but have yourself a nice weekend.

aria

Reaction score
Sure - you seem to have a personal agenda against Zeke that has nothing to do with football. He got a 32 on the wonderlic, which is one of the highest scores ever for a RB, so he's objectively pretty intelligent. He's a kid having fun and being *extremely* scrutinized, moreso than even most professional athletes. Yes absolutely - he's made some dumb decisions, but who hasn't? He's been a fantastic RB for this team.

You have been extremely negative on this thread (and generally if memory serves) and don't seem to have much of a sense of humor about this, but have yourself a nice weekend.
Thank you for the well thought out response!

I’ve heard about the Wunderlic score and all I can say is every now and then a blind squirrel finds a nut. You can look at the list of several prominent players scores and they raise a lot of eyebrows. Either way, actions speak louder than a test. Typically smart people don’t make the same dumb decisions over and over again.

I’m so sick of the “kid” excuse. By almost any standard in the United States, and much lower in several other countries, 21 is a grown man. There are professions that require a lot more responsibility and they don’t get the “kid” excuse when they screw up. By a large majority, most football players and other professional athletes are considered “kids” by your definition and they manage to stay out of trouble or out of the spotlight, but this guy can’t and gets the “kid” excuse.

He is extremely scrutinized and he brought that upon himself and continues to bring it upon himself, another sign of not being very intelligent. Everyone from football players to guys flipping burgers to corporate people to cops and teachers can all be fired or reprimanded for things they do and say on social media or in public because of cell phones. He doesn’t get a special pass and out of all people he should know this.

I don’t have much of a sense of humor about anything he does because it’s not funny. He’s a selfish, entitled, hypocritical, bully dbag diva.

You have a great weekend as well!

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Not an intelligent response from not an intelligent person, go figure.
Says the guy using someone else’s quote at a lame attempt to make the same point. Very creative of you! Feel free to quote me anytime you need help formulating your own words and thoughts.

Last edited:

Loso86

Reaction score
Not an intelligent response from not an intelligent person, go figure. Sounds like some of his supporters here.
Sounds like you are with this idiotic response. Making fun of the way he responded then you respond like this lol

aria

Reaction score
Sounds like you are with this idiotic response. Making fun of the way he responded then you respond like this lol
Listen, it’s obvious you’re mentally challenged so I’ll help you out. Remember that little game you used to play about 3 months ago called connect the dots? Try applying that to zeke’s response and why he was in the news a couple weeks ago. I know this is a big step for you but I like cheering for the underdog so I hope you can figure it out and how it relates to why I said what I did.

Good luck! and I’m not just saying that as a courtesy, I have a feeling you’ll truly need it.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Says the guy using someone else’s quote at a lame attempt to make the same point. Very creative of you! Feel free to quote me anytime you need help formulating your own words and thoughts.

What is also hilarious to me is your atrocious sentence structure and English in that sentence, and the absolute audacity of it to be in reference to someone’s intelligence, lmao.

aria

Reaction score

What is also hilarious to me is your atrocious sentence structure and English in that sentence, and the absolute audacity of it to be in reference to someone’s intelligence, lmao.
Oh, are we gonna be grammar ***** now? Lol, I never claimed to be that smart but according to your logic, grammar trumps actions when it comes to intelligence. Haha...ok.

I’ll be sure to keep an eye on your punctuation, spelling and grammar from now on so don’t act surprised when I call you out on it.

Uh oh...i cant use a reference to a bad guy in wwii but i’m sure your smart enough to figure that out ;)

P.S I just scanned through your first page of posts and you better clean it up, lots of errors I can already point out just at a glance.

I also happened to notice you’re the one who said “this is why no one takes you seriously” when I gave my rankings of zeke as a football player and a person separately and made that clear. I also specified I use actual facts and stats to back up my opinions which is more than most people here do outside of total yards. I ALSO had zeke ranked as a football player where a lot of people have him ranked on this site. Kind of hilarious for someone to be calling someone else out on sentence structure when they can’t even comprehend the words they’re looking at which is why you never responded. LMAO.

Last edited:

GenoT

Reaction score
Thanks. I just did that and there's nothing more about it in the article. So basically, calling a critic "faded" is the best he could do.
I'd feel better if he'd just said, "Whatever."
Zeke seems like one of those players who should just talk to the media using tried-and-true pro athlete cliches.