Twitter: Ezekiel Elliott: We Ready

zerofill

Reaction score
better be ready. GIANTS WILL BE. They would love nothing more than to crap in our scrambled eggs Sunday and ruin our opener. Sorry...couldn't resist the Walking Dead reference..lol

I for one am glad Eli is starting though. We don't need any rookie luck/magic lol.

Praxit

Reaction score
...>So glad, #21 is back. Zeke brings more than just his play. The guy has spunk and cowboys ride off that.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know, I want to use him differently. I want to save him his energy for the red zone. Let the rookie help go on the 8th play Smash Mouth Drive

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
...>So glad, #21 is back. Zeke brings more than just his play. The guy has spunk and cowboys ride off that.
I don't know who really brings a Swagger . in this team yet. Prescott seems to take over that position. I forgot the name of the fighter. He really brought it to the team. Like to do it without him

blueblood70

Reaction score
I said it doesnt matter to me. All division games arent close. Are we good or not? Rals didmt have close games everytime they played a division opponent. Excuses
a blowout would be the worst thing ever, id rather have a fight and win by say 13 maybe but a tough win.. starting out with a blowout win might swell some heads and set us u to lose afew f the next ones.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
a blowout would be the worst thing ever, id rather have a fight and win by say 13 maybe but a tough win.. starting out with a blowout win might swell some heads and set us u to lose afew f the next ones.
I don't expect either team to come out looking great on offense. Preseason hangover. I think we win by 3 in the fourth. This franchise takes a lead. And they seem to take their foot off the gas. That's why I don't expect a blowout but what are you going to do if you get turnovers consistently on there side of the field go defense

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't expect either team to come out looking great on offense. Preseason hangover. I think we win by 3 in the fourth. This franchise takes a lead. And they seem to take their foot off the gas. That's why I don't expect a blowout but what are you going to do if you get turnovers consistently on this side of the field go defense
true might come out slow like last night but no way do I wan tit that close...10 going into 4th and 3 to seal it, win by 13..76 yarder by Maher lol

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
true might come out slow like last night but no way do I wan tit that close...10 going into 4th and 3 to seal it, win by 13..76 yarder by Maher lol
I love heart attack games. Yeah I'd like to have this one wrapped up by the beginning of the fourth quarter. Boring . But will show us what we have

starfan1

Reaction score
It’s my sincere hope that you all enjoy the game. Have a good weekend as well . I’ve purchased the wings I’ll be devouring so zeke isn’t going to be the only one eating.

I’ll steer clear from this place most likely as the meltdown starts with Daks first off target pass.

My prediction 31-17 the boys

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s my sincere hope that you all enjoy the game. Have a good weekend as well . I’ve purchased the wings I’ll be devouring so zeke isn’t going to be the only one eating.

I’ll steer clear from this place most likely as the meltdown starts with Daks first off target pass.

My prediction 31-17 the boys
I never post during the game. Maybe at halftime once in awhile. Kind of eating my words in the first second third quarter. Only to have him look brilliant like a different quarterback in the fourth

starfan1

Reaction score
I never post during the game. Maybe at halftime once in awhile. Kind of eating my words in the first second third quarter. Only to have him look brilliant like a different quarterback in the fourth
Let’s hope this year he looks more like the 4th quarter all game

Maybe like the Jacksonville game wasn’t that the over 400 yards game

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let’s hope this year he looks more like the 4th quarter all game

Maybe like the Jacksonville game wasn’t that the over 400 yards game
Did it against the Ravens and Giants also. I don't like 400 300-yard games I like it around 275. We're Smash Mouth we're not going to see big yardage games

starfan1

Reaction score
Did it against the Ravens and Giants also. I don't like 400 300-yard games I like it around 275. We're Smash Mouth we're not going to see big yardage games

Agreed and I’m with you 275 is a good number just thinking that over 300 working towards 4 really shuts down the haters even if it’s only temporary

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agreed and I’m with you 275 is a good number just thinking that over 300 working towards 4 really shuts down the haters even if it’s only temporary
I don't worry about them my cowboy brother. He could win a championship and he won't get credit. I've Been a Cowboy fan before Rodger. I think we had 14 started after Troy Aikman before Tony Romo. I trust in Prescott when the game is on the line he's a different quarterback solid

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Conspiracy Theory: Zeke was always gonna get the contract he just signed. Stephen Jones was blowing smoke that "they were not gonna set the market" despite having the best RB in the NFL.

Zeke's running style is punishing. They were likely gonna hold his carries extremely low even if he signed weeks ago. Why? They wanted to see who they had behind him.

Enter Tony Pollard. He ran really well with the starting OL. He caught it well too. I personally think he needs to improve his pass pro, but pretty much he's gonna be a weapon for the 'boys.

Zeke's been working out and is in tremendous shape. He couldn't assimilate getting hit, but that's good since RBs can take only so many before they begin to break down, hence the short life span of every RB not named Emmitt Smith.

Preserving Zeke as much as possible is key towards the Cowboys getting every ounce of value out the contract they gave him. Having TP as his backup and a more dynamic offense will do wonders for Zeke.

He's back down to his rookie weight. That means the burst and homerun ability he has will manifest itself more often than not. I'm expecting a monster year from him.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Not really a blowout but a 27-10 win should be good enough and show the level difference

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too much sunshine.

It seems like a lot of fans are setting themselves to be disappointed if the carpet is pulled out from under them again. I like the potential of this team, but that's all they are right now. A bunch could happen to rain on the parade.

You should expect it. It would fit the form of this team. Good year, bad year, good year, bad year, etc.

It also fits the defending division winners the last 15 years.

I honestly don't know why anyone would expect this year to be the year. Hope for it, sure. Think it's possible, okay. But expecting it is just the fan in you talking.

Put me down for 8-8.

8-6, if you take out the two foregone conclusion Wentzings.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You should expect it. It would fit the form of this team. Good year, bad year, good year, bad year, etc.

It also fits the defending division winners the last 15 years.

I honestly don't know why anyone would expect this year to be the year. Hope for it, sure. Think it's possible, okay. But expecting it is just the fan in you talking.

Put me down for 8-8.

8-6, if you take out the two foregone conclusion Wentzings.

That is the pattern we've followed whether we were thought to be contenders or also-rans. It's a lot easier based on our history to believe that 8-8 mark is coming somehow someway. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just acknowledging the reality of the pattern under Garrett while hoping that we're able to break it as well as overcome all obstacles to get to the Super Bowl.

I can't blame the sky-high fans for wanting to feel that way, it's just not who I am ... especially not anymore. It still pains me when Dallas loses, but I never go into any game thinking it absolutely is a win. Been brought back to earth too many times for that, and I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than severely disappointed.