Twitter: Ezekiel Elliott will definitely be on 2022 roster

plymkr

Reaction score
Yes...I apologize....I was a bit dramatic and hyperbolic. My apologies. I do think Zeke should not have been playing. But as I have mentioned before...not a doctor and haven;t see any medical report.

I think it's a testament to their faith in Pollard to be #1 and protect Dak. IMHO of course.
No problem buddy, it's all good. We're all passionate about our team. I apologize as well for coming across as snarky and condescending. Sometimes I get carried away but I meant no disrespect to you on a personal level.

Flamma

Reaction score
Sucks he got injured.. hopefully we fix this offense line. His contract is disgusting.. he will be gone next year regardless. He needs to start hitting them squats

We're all assuming he's gone after 2022. But he's an 11 million dead cap. If the cap spikes like many people think, don't be surprised if he's on the 2023 roster.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You really have to love the complete 180 that has happened with the Zeke crowd. When his contract was up and he was threatening to sit out, the cries were Elliott was elite, the offense ran through him, he made everyone including the QB better, he was a game changer.

Fast forward to now and what we get is excuses like how can we expect him to play better when the players around him aren't playing great? Everyone is failing around Zeke and ergo, Zeke can't perform.

Zeke contract is a reason why this team has failed and will continue to fail. It leads to roster imbalance. Like every team before the Cowboys that gave big contracts to TBs, the Cowboys are regretting their mistake.

Zeke absolutely was a game changer when he was signed. But he doesn't call the plays and he can neither hand the ball off to himself nor block for himself. If you want to try and pretend that this team is not more successful the more it gives him the ball then run with it. The facts say different. Look up the Cowboys record when he has gotten 20 totes. Then compare it to when he doesn't. And there has been no 180 from my point of view. Give him the ball , we win more games and he's worth the money. Don't give him the ball, we win fewer games and he's not. The Cowboys no longer want to play smash mouth football so he doesn't fit the offense. I said it in 2019.. and in 2020 and in 2021.. and will say it again in 2022. It's not Zeke's fault Moore wants to play mad scientist and prove what a genius he is where anything more than 3rd and a half yard is a passing down and you have to throw the ball every down unless you are ahead two scores.. and he has Dak thinking the same way. Until one of the two of them (or both) fixes that nonsense this team is doomed. And it has nothing to do with Zeke's contract.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We're all assuming he's gone after 2022. But he's an 11 million dead cap. If the cap spikes like many people think, don't be surprised if he's on the 2023 roster.

If he runs for 1500-1600 yards at 5 yards a clip like he was on pace to do before getting hurt.. I WANT him on the roster. But in order for that to happen ole "Yards are Yards" will have to develop an appreciation for the running game.. which I frankly don't expect to happen.