Twitter: Ezekiel Elliott will definitely be on 2022 roster

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh a lecture about my emotional state towards zeke....how cute!

So you think zeke is "overpaid for his production". A very simplified, low IQ take.

The real issue is...why? Because hes fat and washed up, right?

Because:

- People are smart enough to look around the league and see teams win with less investment in the TB spot.
- Teams that have invested into TBs have not won much and often find themselves looking for ways to get out. Look at the Rams. They handed Gurley a massive deal and within a couple of years, they were begging teams to help them get out from under his contract.
- His cap hit next year is $18.2 million. The next closest TB is $15 million.
- Teams don't need to spend that kind of capital on TBs in today's NFL. One reason is wear and tear and the general drop off in production over time relative to other positions. Two, moreso than any position on offense, TBs must rely on the players around them. As you said, if the OL sucks, then the TB can be limited. So the Cowboys have the LARGEST CAP HIT FOR A TB BY FAR IN THE NFL and yet he's largely ineffective because the OL was hit or miss, Prescott had issues the 2nd half the year, etc.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I am dying to see if fat boy can somehow fall even lower in average yards per target:

9.3, 7.1, 6.0, 5.9, 4.8 and finally 4.4.

If that isn't a steady decline I don't know what is. Can you imagine his yards per target is less than half of what it was as a rookie. I he can somehow drop below 4.0 I bet he would set the all time record for least effective player in the passing game in NFL history. What a turd.

Sydla

Reaction score
People caught up in Zeke's salary should ask themselves this question. How many games would the Cowboys have won if he allowed Dak to get decapitated 2-3 times a game and was put out for the season like he was last year or like Romo was when Gronkowski whiffed on that blitzer in 2010 or when Randall did in 2015. Close your eyes and remember fondly how great those teams looked without their QB. For a refresher in 2010 they went 5-7 without Romo.. in 2015 it was 1-10. Then in 2020 it was 4-7 without Dak. I really think people should factor those numbers into the equation when they're diminishing the value of a guy willing to step in front of an oncoming freight train to save his QB from harm. Of course there are those geniuses that want to see the team without Dak anyway.. but who has time for that level of moronitude?

So what you are saying is that we should be fine with Elliott eating up $18.2 million in cap space next year because he blocks well too?

Just a wild guess but I suspect you can find a TB who is as productive as Elliott and can block well for a fraction of the cap hit. You guys are really struggling to figure out ways to justify the largest cap hit in the NFL BY FAR for a TB.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Our 40 million dollar stud QB is immobile so our 20 million dollar fat boy RB will block for him. Sounds awesome.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because:

- People are smart enough to look around the league and see teams win with less investment in the TB spot.
- Teams that have invested into TBs have not won much and often find themselves looking for ways to get out. Look at the Rams. They handed Gurley a massive deal and within a couple of years, they were begging teams to help them get out from under his contract.
- His cap hit next year is $18.2 million. The next closest TB is $15 million.
- Teams don't need to spend that kind of capital on TBs in today's NFL. One reason is wear and tear and the general drop off in production over time relative to other positions. Two, moreso than any position on offense, TBs must rely on the players around them. As you said, if the OL sucks, then the TB can be limited. So the Cowboys have the LARGEST CAP HIT FOR A TB BY FAR IN THE NFL and yet he's largely ineffective because the OL was hit or miss, Prescott had issues the 2nd half the year, etc.

So finally at the end of that long rant....two sentences that tell us the real problem.

Sydla

Reaction score
So finally at the end of that long rant....two sentences that tell us the real problem.

No one ever denied the problems on offense were multiple. But Elliott and his 18.2 million cap hit is one of the real big ones, something you appear to deny.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No one ever denied the problems on offense were multiple. But Elliott and his 18.2 million cap hit is one of the real big ones, something you appear to deny.

and yet nothing anyone can do about it until 2023 season. To release him is to prior to June 1st cut 30 mill cap hit, doing it after June 1st 18 mill dead cap hit and 11 mill the following season with 0 savings on the cap.
I'm not going to argue that production does not meet cost. I will say despite not having a great season he finished 7th in rushing and 5th in TD, not exactly the numbers we wanted to see but still top 10 through out the league.
In 2023 the Cowboys have an out season to confront Zeke contract, but doing so this season would be beyond foolish, it would be outright stupid.

Sydla

Reaction score
and yet nothing anyone can do about it until 2023 season. To release him is to prior to June 1st cut 30 mill cap hit, doing it after June 1st 18 mill dead cap hit and 11 mill the following season with 0 savings on the cap.
I'm not going to argue that production does not meet cost. I will say despite not having a great season he finished 7th in rushing and 5th in TD, not exactly the numbers we wanted to see but still top 10 through out the league.
In 2023 the Cowboys have an out season to confront Zeke contract, but doing so this season would be beyond foolish, it would be outright stupid.

Yep. Maybe if they really just wanted to be done with him, I could see a June 1 cut if there was at least some cap savings there but there isn't any. So we have to live with him for another year. I hope they don't get stupid and restructure him.

quickccc

Reaction score
Man I wish what you’re saying is true. But if you watch the game and then the replay and focus on the oline you would see zero mauling. This is not a road grading unit. TB and CW lack the punch at the snap and often times get manhandled backwards. La’el has lost some of that explosiveness and Zack and Tyron are more technique than muscle. We are clearly one of the most technically sound units for sure but we are not a mauling unit. Not even close.

This Packer like zone blocking scheme may not be conducive and idea for our OL personnel, maybe a reason why we seem to produced more with Columbo's man scheme ..vs Philibin's Packer zone scheme. ..

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Never, never, never, ever, never, ever, never, never give a RB big money.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So what you are saying is that we should be fine with Elliott eating up $18.2 million in cap space next year because he blocks well too?

Just a wild guess but I suspect you can find a TB who is as productive as Elliott and can block well for a fraction of the cap hit. You guys are really struggling to figure out ways to justify the largest cap hit in the NFL BY FAR for a TB.

I am not telling you what you "should be fine with." What I am telling you is that I appreciate what Zeke does for this team. His salary is none of my concern as I don't pay it. If he stays healthy and runs for 1500 yards and 12-15 TDs or so (like he was on pace to do before being injured last season) while continuing to do all the other things he does for the team I want him on my squad. If he plays poorly as he did in 2020 or gets hurt again like he did in 2021 then of course we need to look at replacing him. But he's here for 2022.. so I tend to focus on getting as much out of him in 2022 as we can.. and worry about 2023... in 2023. Whining about his salary this year is waste of keystrokes. It's already paid. Feel free to continue to do what you want though.. I just won't join you.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No..I have said it OVER AND OVER....the contract....is consideration for executives.

What is it you want?

..not cheer for zeke to succeed because he makes too much money on a dysfunctional team?
To bash him incessantly over and over because the Cowboys executives gave him his contract?

To think another running back would take us to a super bowl if it only just wasn't him?

Some silly stupid sht going on here come on.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not telling you what you "should be fine with." What I am telling you is that I appreciate what Zeke does for this team. His salary is none of my concern as I don't pay it. If he stays healthy and runs for 1500 yards and 12-15 TDs or so (like he was on pace to do before being injured last season) while continuing to do all the other things he does for the team I want him on my squad. If he plays poorly as he did in 2020 or gets hurt again like he did in 2021 then of course we need to look at replacing him. But he's here for 2022.. so I tend to focus on getting as much out of him in 2022 as we can.. and worry about 2023... in 2023. Whining about his salary this year is waste of keystrokes. It's already paid. Feel free to continue to do what you want though.. I just won't join you.

People demand Zeke be a "stud RB" based on his 2016 performance and upgraded contract.

Fact is the 2016 stats are absurd anomaly. The contract isn;t anything WE can do...except act like we know everything by beeching about it on a sports message board.

What we can do is acknowledge the team needs to support zeke with the right personnel and the right offensive scheme.

Have we done that?

I say NO! HELL NO! GATDMAN HELL TO THE NO~

We beech about Jerry being a dysfunctional executive, then blame zeke for being fat. GREAT JOB GUYS YOU REALLY KNOW FOOTBALL!

And they wonder why I call them idiots.

plymkr

Reaction score

Ok I agree with Stephen, can't believe I just said that, Zeke is a warrior and played through some injuries. What I don't get is could the team have helped him. From what I know his PCL was torn. Would rest have helped him. Could they have done anything to help Zeke be healthier or more effective in the post season?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never, never, never, ever, never, ever, never, never give a RB big money.
Except when he protects your prize QB. And takes the heat off by running it only to get KILLED because your QB is no threat.

If you don't think your QB is a prize to be protected ...if you don't devise and create the right personnel and Offensive scheme to take advantage of the RB talent....

Then OKAT...just pay some schmuck to get injured and get your QB destroyed...who needs zeke for that?.

STUPID IDIOTS!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok I agree with Stephen, can't believe I just said that, Zeke is a warrior and played through some injuries. What I don't get is could the team have helped him. From what I know his PCL was torn. Would rest have helped him. Could they have done anything to help Zeke be healthier or more effective in the post season?
You have to have some discernment...some recognition that there is a lot going on here,

It is really easy and GREAT FUN! to say "zeke fat he done". It shows you REALLY KNOW NFL football and a GREAT fan of The Dallas Cowboys

plymkr

Reaction score
You have to have some discernment...some recognition that there is a lot going on here,

It is really easy and GREAT FUN! to say "zeke fat he done". It shows you REALLY KNOW NFL football and a GREAT fan of The Dallas Cowboys
What? When did I say Zeke was fat and done?

plymkr

Reaction score

I said in my post Zeke is a warrior and played through some injuries and you interpreted that as me saying Zeke is fat and done. Wow, unbelievable. I have no clue how you could have misunderstood "zeke is a warrior who played through injuries".

Anyway, my point was/is did the Cowboys cause more problems to Zeke by playing him with a bad knee. Is there any doctors or physical therapist out there that know that injury. I remember Zeke said he could not further damage his knee by playing and it was a pain management issue. What I'm curious about is would it have been wiser to rest Zeke later in the season? Would that have reduced his pain so he would have been more effective in the post season. So basically what I'm asking is did the Cowboys play Zeke due to his contract at the expense if Zeke's health and effectiveness down the stretch.

GMO415

Reaction score
If he left who would run those three yards for us?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Except when he protects your prize QB. And takes the heat off by running it only to get KILLED because your QB is no threat.

If you don't think your QB is a prize to be protected ...if you don't devise and create the right personnel and Offensive scheme to take advantage of the RB talent....

Then OKAT...just pay some schmuck to get injured and get your QB destroyed...who needs zeke for that?.

STUPID IDIOTS!
Look at the big man getting riled up. Is Zeke your sugar daddy or something? An idiot is someone who thinks the top paid RB in needed to block. His game has slid so much at least that’s something he is adequate at.