FEATURED FA agent thread

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Really wanted Dan Feeney...I thought the Chargers signed him to a long term deal. Now he is a Jet. Jets knocking free agency out of the park right now.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Dallas has no interest in star players with star contracts 8n free agency. They signed a swing OT and DT for the rotation, along with some guys they didn’t want to lose. Before the draft, they will likely sign a middling S, CB, LB, and maybe DE. Then they will add at least one of each in the draft.

Clearly, they are hoping a return to a base defense our players are familiar with, along with A DC who isn’t crazy and has actually run a defense in the modern NFL, along with a few additions will move our defense from the bottom towards the lower middle at least. That, along with a healthy offense should be enough, in their minds, to make a run into the playoffs while also maintaining a few moves that can clear space next year. Under Quinn, they will determine which players can actually excel in this defense and where to spend resources next year.

I’m not saying I don’t wish we would sign at least 1 decent veteran, but anyone who actually thought we would go all in on this season like a few teams have hasn’t been paying attention since we signed CB Carr to a huge FA contract.

Frankly, for all our needs, I’d be happy if we just sign a veteran FS and starting CB so we don’t have to rely on draft picks and live with rookie mistakes this season.

Flamma

Reaction score
all teams have issues with the draft and hit on some..eagles will draft good player at 6 and seriously the only way they can mess this up is taking a QB instead of helping Hurts ..rumor they might take fields if hes there..btw i want that TE gone before w e[pick so the Jones dont take a offensive player..we need so much defense it getting serious..

It's a weird draft. I think Pitts will be gone by 10. The Lions and Falcons might not take QBs. The need isn't strong enough to assume they will. My guess is one of them takes Pitts.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL. We paid Lewis $5.5 million but King, a better player, goes for $3.5 million.

One can argue there isn't a worse front office in terms of NFL scouting than ours. It's amazing how we often overpay our own guys, misjudge the market on others, etc.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Fuller would be nice. I wonder if we'll look at CB? Casey Hayward would be good too.

visionary

Reaction score
Dallas has no interest in star players with star contracts 8n free agency. They signed a swing OT and DT for the rotation, along with some guys they didn’t want to lose. Before the draft, they will likely sign a middling S, CB, LB, and maybe DE. Then they will add at least one of each in the draft.

Clearly, they are hoping a return to a base defense our players are familiar with, along with A DC who isn’t crazy and has actually run a defense in the modern NFL, along with a few additions will move our defense from the bottom towards the lower middle at least. That, along with a healthy offense should be enough, in their minds, to make a run into the playoffs while also maintaining a few moves that can clear space next year. Under Quinn, they will determine which players can actually excel in this defense and where to spend resources next year.

I’m not saying I don’t wish we would sign at least 1 decent veteran, but anyone who actually thought we would go all in on this season like a few teams have hasn’t been paying attention since we signed CB Carr to a huge FA contract.

Frankly, for all our needs, I’d be happy if we just sign a veteran FS and starting CB so we don’t have to rely on draft picks and live with rookie mistakes this season.

such reasonable people these Cowboys fans are

I’m fine with not signing any veterans at all

in fact let’s give away out first round pick also

is it any wonder Jerry feels no urgency to change his approach? After all complacent and understanding fans like you call talk shows in Dallas to try and show how “mature” and “knowledgeable “ you are

:facepalm: