FEATURED FA agent thread

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, I was. Sorry if you were talking about 2012.
Yeah if I'm not mistaken and this too is off memory....I thought the Giants were bad but then peaked at the right time on defense specifically that defensive line? The defensive line was legit. No doubt. Heart and soul of that team IMO. I mean they were stacked I'm not even sure if its all the same year but Osi, Strahan, Tuck...a few more I'm forgetting.

EJK24

Reaction score
They'd rather change a DE to DT or a corner to safety than actually draft someone at this positions. Its insane.

I can't make any sense of it. We clown on them for some of these moves/ideas and it's well deserved, but I can't understand how an organization can fail repeatedly with a philosophy (like not addressing safety and dt) and never really change. Like even if you truly believed safety wasn't as important, after years of failing, you would think you'd have to reevaluate and say maybe we aren't getting this right. Somehow, they just keep rolling along regardless of failures and don't skip a beat. It's madness.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't make any sense of it. We clown on them for some of these moves/ideas and it's well deserved, but I can't understand how an organization can fail repeatedly with a philosophy (like not addressing safety and dt) and never really change. Like even if you truly believed safety wasn't as important, after years of failing, you would think you'd have to reevaluate and say maybe we aren't getting this right. Somehow, they just keep rolling along regardless of failures and don't skip a beat. It's madness.

As long as the money rolls in and nobody in the family fears being rightfully fired, why should they change anything?

MikeB80

Reaction score
They lost the first five games of the season, badly. The Cowboys beat them twice during the season. But, by the time the Cowboys faced them in the playoffs, the Giants' defense was pretty great. That’s the year they beat NE. Of course, this is all on memory.

Not sure what you are talking about. in 07 the giants started 0-2. Then went on a run and their next loss was vs Dallas which made them 6-3.

you know the rest.

Tussinman

Reaction score
They had damn good defenses when they won the SB's. DL was outstanding. It certainly wasn't Eli.
Actually if anything Eli doesn't get enough credit for that 2012 playoff run.

For that superbowl post season run he averaged 305 yards a game and had a 9 to 1 TD to INT ratio. He was on fire that season (regular season wasn't bad either, 35 TDs with almost 5k yards and made day 1 pro bowl roster)

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
They have been to or won super bowls with

Phil Simms (Way better than perception of him)
Jeff Hostetler
Kerry Collins
Eli Manning (Hall of Famer)

The New York Giants organization is about Defense, Toughness and Fundamentals. They were lacking all this since Coughlin left. It looks like it is back judging from last year. Now they have improved their roster. Sure feels like the giants are rebuilding for the THIRD time since Dallas has won a road playoff game or a championship.

Gee I wonder why.

Fran Tarkenton. HOF. I realize he isn't the first QB thought of, but his NYG teams were trash. Once traded to Minny, he was a constance playoff and SB presence.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If I'm remembering correctly.....Giants defense wasn't even good those years. They had a piss poor secondary and linebacker play. They were incredibly deep on defensive line though. Their defense was just like Eli. Not good overall but they made key plays when it mattered.

The Giants really had no business winning those Super Bowls. Nothing those teams did during the season pointed to them beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl. But they did.....

Yeah like I said, they "caught fire" and won it all. Would be nice if Dallas could do that. Myself I would prefer to win at least one SB and realistically be in the hunt for another for years, like the late 60's to early 80's Cowboys, but even if it was just one more SB win and mediocre for the next few years, I'd take it at this point...

Motorola

Reaction score
FA has slowed to a crawl.
Seen snails move faster
FA activity moved to the back burner now.
It's April 1st ---- four weeks to the day of the NFL draft. Teams have to hone in on weighing their 3-4'choices available each round, in addition to how to react if a coveted prospect unexpectedly falls in their lap, or a team calls to be a trade partner.

Carson

Reaction score

From two straight Super Bowls, winning one and then to Jacksonville

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
The way FA has gone for us yet again -- it puts a hell of a lot of pressure on the FO to get this upcoming draft right.
I've said it over and over these last few years. Jerry MUST see his mortality flashing before his eyes at this point. He has fewer good years ahead of him than behind him. Sad but its true for all of us at some point.
He has even said he's desperate to win another super bowl. But the way they attack team building has not changed, and relying solely on the draft to find difference makers is at best a slow crawl.
I would have thought he would have felt a little more - dare I say it - Urgency !