Twitter: FA CB Steven Nelson speculation

_sturt_

Reaction score
https://sportsnaut.com/steven-nelson-landing-spots-news-contract/

LWR_Recording.png

garyo1954

Reaction score
Another one of those "I've outplayed my contract and deserve a raise" players.

“I felt, and also my agent felt, that we were due an extension due to the fact that I had outplayed my current contract for the past two years,” Nelson explained. “Given that where the corner market is, there was a lot of high cap numbers on the team going into the offseason. Everybody can put two and two together. Somebody like myself, in my prime, would have thought to help that situation, and an extension would at least be at the front of the line for discussion. But it clearly didn’t go that way for whatever reason. The Steelers wanted to move a different way and thought I was expendable in my prime via trade.”

“I know my value.” Nelson stated. “I know my worth. I just turned 28. Being a five-year starter, a proven starter. I’ve played over a thousand snaps, maybe the only corner who has played a thousand snaps in the last three years. If you’re talking durability and what teams want, you know what you’re going to get.”

“I don’t what to put out the exact teams, but let’s just say about a third of the NFL, a lot of corner-needed teams, have reached out,” Nelson stated.

So even though he was allowed to work out a trade, he failed to find a team to make a deal and was released. Yet, a third of the NFL has inquired about his services.
And he's still unemployed.

Something don't make sense about that at all.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I love me some Mike Tomlin. If he let him go after only one year then that's a red flag in my book. He's never made the Pro-Bowl, has only 7 INTs in 6 years, so I don't see how he (whoever wrote that article) can be so certain that he would be better than what we already got. He's a progress stopper, IMO.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He wasn’t happy with $8M in salary this year and wants a lot more on a long term deal. Big question is how much does he want? Jets have $30M available and haven’t signed him. Tells me he is probably looking for more than $12M+.

Not worth it.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, something just doesn't add up with this. I know there's a bunch of guys here that do more player research and know the stats better than I do, but I'd steer clear of this guy. Something just doesn't feel right about him.