Twitter: FA CB Steven Nelson speculation

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I like how the writer assumes the Cowboys had a trade partner to move up to get Horn or Surtain or how we should have parted with picks to nab Surtain or Horn and now we're negligent because we didn't. Can someone say Mo Claiborne?

Jarntt

Reaction score
nelson is IMO definitely a guy that can help us. All of the moves we have made on defense and our secondary is still looking like one of the worst in the league, unless you want to assume a bunch of "what ifs" go our way. But, he is also a guy we can't likely afford so it doesn't really matter...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They lost me when they said they failed to trade up for Horn or Surtain. Why would they trade up when they were expected to be there at #10.
That was a stupid statement, so I stopped reading.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
i am curious why you love Mike Tomlin? He has one or two playoff wins in a decade. One of them over the bengals in which they had no business winning and got away with a bunch of stuff.

He won with bill cowhers teams and then nothing for a decade.
i am curious why you love Mike Tomlin? He has one or two playoff wins in a decade. One of them over the bengals in which they had no business winning and got away with a bunch of stuff.

He won with bill cowhers teams and then nothing for a decade.

The same reason why I love Dak. He's a very likable guy. I like the way he handles himself in front of the media, who can be very very annoying. I'm not a fan of the media AT ALL!!

We got to be careful when we say things like "He won with _____'s team." I do believe that Barry won with Jimmy's team. But when we defeat the Chiefs 37-23 in this years Super Bowl with Dak and Zeke co-MVPs, are we going to say that Mike won it with Garrett's team because Dak and Zeke was drafted by Garrett? I would say at least half this team was drafted by Garrett.

kskboys

Reaction score
https://sportsnaut.com/steven-nelson-landing-spots-news-contract/

LWR_Recording.png
Parsons is better than those guys put together. And it's not close.

We got a generational talent at a position of need, and you're complaining? Don't do drugs. Drugs are bad.

kskboys

Reaction score
He wasn’t happy with $8M in salary this year and wants a lot more on a long term deal. Big question is how much does he want? Jets have $30M available and haven’t signed him. Tells me he is probably looking for more than $12M+.

Not worth it.
Paying(more like overpaying) CB's is NOT the road to the super bowl.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Paying(more like overpaying) CB's is NOT the road to the super bowl.

I agree. I don't want him. Deion was pretty much the only CB who was worth the huge money.
A lot of it is because the rules have hamstrung the CBs and favor the WRs.

kskboys

Reaction score
Guess the fact that he has the most disruptive DLine in football in front of him being a factor never occurred to him?

He was drafted in 2015, went to PITT in 19, and suddenly broke out? Something stinks in the state of Denmark!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree. I don't want him. Deion was pretty much the only CB who was worth the huge money.
A lot of it is because the rules have hamstrung the CBs and favor the WRs.
And that's debatable.

Letting go players to sign stars is what made that super bowl contender fall apart.

Creeper

Reaction score
Repeat after me. "The Cowboys are not going to sign any Free Agents that cost more than $3 million and want more than a 1 year deal."

plymkr

Reaction score
The same reason why I love Dak. He's a very likable guy. I like the way he handles himself in front of the media, who can be very very annoying. I'm not a fan of the media AT ALL!!

We got to be careful when we say things like "He won with _____'s team." I do believe that Barry won with Jimmy's team. But when we defeat the Chiefs 37-23 in this years Super Bowl with Dak and Zeke co-MVPs, are we going to say that Mike won it with Garrett's team because Dak and Zeke was drafted by Garrett? I would say at least half this team was drafted by Garrett.
I feel Jerry has set up the organization in a way if we won a super bowl it would be "with Jerry's team". Jimmy got credit for the 92 and 93 SB wins. Barry only won with "Jimmy's team", so again no credit was given to Jerry. If we ever win again all the credit will go to Jerry and he's arranged it that way by hiring coaches that won't steal his thunder.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I feel Jerry has set up the organization in a way if we won a super bowl it would be "with Jerry's team". Jimmy got credit for the 92 and 93 SB wins. Barry only won with "Jimmy's team", so again no credit was given to Jerry. If we ever win again all the credit will go to Jerry and he's arranged it that way by hiring coaches that won't steal his thunder.

You make a good point. Jerry grabbed the trophy from Barry when he said "We did OUR way, baby!" Jerry did probably feel that no credit was given to him so he's been doing everything HIS way since. Since I have a ton of Cowboy haters on my Facebook page I could care less who gets the credit when we win it this year. Man I would love to shut them up!!

Bartlebie

Reaction score
Is it me or does Sportsnaut look like it was made in 2004 in a high school computer lab??? Maybe in Russia lol?!?

MikeB80

Reaction score

oh no the big bad media.

Good luck with the super bowl part.