FA is not the problem

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dsturgeon, Mar 16, 2019.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

41,981 Messages
    40,000 Likes Received
    Do you have actual missed tackle stats?

The Cowboys have had many worse Safeties than Heath.

2. xwalker

41,981 Messages
    40,000 Likes Received
    The were one of the better run defenses last season except in two games.

3. xwalker

41,981 Messages
    40,000 Likes Received
    Be prepared for idiots to blast you for a rational post.

Idiots that never study game footage and definitely don't watch the All-22 which is the only way to really evaluate Safeties.

4. dsturgeon

dsturgeon Well-Known Member

498 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    I guess I see it different. Since maranelli got here, the defense has Improved. They were dead last when he took over. Every year everyone cries about dt and safety, and every year they get better.

I want dlaw (not over priced), Byron, jaylon, cooper, and dak to all get signed, and including lower profile players.

I don't want a 30 year old beat up high priced safety. Sign all your guys and draft someone and let heath get beat out

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    xwalker likes this.
  5. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

13,888 Messages
    13,703 Likes Received
    Against elite rb's?

6. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Well-Known Member

1,438 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    Perhaps in preseason instead of sitting projected starters in preseason games, they should actually play them more to get a better read.

7. dsturgeon

498 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    No doubt on that one

Blast From The Past likes this.
  8. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

15,609 Messages
    8,923 Likes Received
    you cant look at that in isolation,the defense has major holes and teams are going to take advantage of that like the Rams.

dckid and Noclaf like this.
  9. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

3,327 Messages
    3,312 Likes Received
    The Cowboys have too much talent to be having so many close games. Doing that all season is what wears a team down. They need to be able to get on top of some of these weaker teams and move the chains throwing the ball instead of running Zeke into the ground. You cant play every game like its a grind!

ConstantReboot, Furboy, dckid and 2 others like this.
  10. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

23,704 Messages
    15,366 Likes Received
    I don’t disagree but I’m saying the defense itself is easier to fix then the offense. The offense will require better coaching that I’m not sure is possible to fix within a season.

11. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

23,704 Messages
    15,366 Likes Received
    I disagree though. In the NFL most games are close. That’s not a concern of mine. Actually winning close games is one of the small accomplishments this team had last year.

12. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

3,327 Messages
    3,312 Likes Received
    To a degree knowing how to win close games is an accomplishment but it's been my experience that getting rid of a weaker opponent quickly helps you physically and mentally. That's why year in and year out the Patriots are on cruise control until the hit the playoffs.

75boyz likes this.
  13. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

8,587 Messages
    17,612 Likes Received
    The offense was struggling early BECAUSE of the failure to acquire the needed talent during last off season.

We can sit here and discuss that they needed time to gel, and blah blah blah. The truth is, they DID NOT have the requisite talent at receiver/TE going into the season last year. They in fact had the least talented group of pass catchers in the league.

The only thing that saved their bacon was trading for Amari Cooper.

Hence why the offense improved considerably, as soon as he was brought in.

14. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

6,283 Messages
    11,576 Likes Received
    Getting back our All Pro center is better than any free agent

15. Noclaf

Noclaf Well-Known Member

666 Messages
    978 Likes Received
    I really doubt he is 100 % that was a very serious D problem he had, probably take 2 years to get 100% if he can even get there

reddyuta likes this.
  16. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,135 Messages
    24,059 Likes Received
    Someone loves the Koolaid

Common Sense likes this.
  17. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

10,972 Messages
    11,377 Likes Received
    Yep. And Martin getting his knee healed up. And if Williams puts on some size and strength then our Offense got better all by itself.

18. dsturgeon

498 Messages
    651 Likes Received

100 percent true, but they do need to gel. They have individual talent not talent as an offense.

It is like my golf game now. I used to be consistent all around, but now when I am hitting my irons and chipping well, my driver and putter are off. When I am driving and putting well I can't hit the greens.

I just don't get the hysteria about free agency and safety. The cowboys are in a good position, and if they fire on all cylinders, they can compete with any team

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  19. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

10,972 Messages
    11,377 Likes Received
    JG switching our O-Line coach during the offseason was a dumb move. The guy messing with there hand and footwork when there was nothing wrong with it to begin with.

ConstantReboot and Common Sense like this.
  20. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

13,888 Messages
    13,703 Likes Received
    Pass protection should be upgraded adding Frederick, year of experience with Connor Williams. Will only help Dak.

glimmerman likes this.