FA is not the problem

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dsturgeon, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

3,452 Messages
    3,175 Likes Received
    I thought the OL improved once Columbo was on board.

2. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

11,842 Messages
    12,373 Likes Received
    Got a lot better. Should have given Colombo the job to begin with..

ConstantReboot and Typhus like this.
  3. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

2,574 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    Or they shouldn’t have run off Frank Pollack. There’s a whole chain of mistakes that were made regarding the offense, which shouldn’t make anyone feel good about our decision making ability.

75boyz likes this.
  4. glimmerman

11,842 Messages
    12,373 Likes Received
    Agreed. JG should have renewed his contract. Our O-Line was running well. I think the guy he hired was a buddy of JG.

ConstantReboot and Common Sense like this.
  5. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

14,134 Messages
    11,857 Likes Received
    I think everyone but the Jones boys realize the problem is coaching.

ConstantReboot likes this.
  6. dckid

dckid Well-Known Member

804 Messages
    661 Likes Received
    Thanks for your dripping with sarcasm response!! What have you seen over the JG era that makes you think this will happen? He couldn’t do it as offensive coordinator or as head coach. So me the years where we reach a certain point of progress and then the young guys get better and the team improves. If you are not moving forward with team building you are moving backwards. The FO should be turning over every leaf to see how we can improve. By looking at all FA’s, draft, coaches, analytics, play calling, FA off the street, etc. the point is not to sit still and bury your head in the sand so we don’t become Redskins of the early 2000’s and try to win the offseason. I know most fans are intelligent enough to know that we should not sign guys in FA and reset the market for every position.

7. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

2,574 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    I think there was also a rumor that Pollack left because he wasn’t being given a voice in the offensive scheme.

8. dckid

dckid Well-Known Member

804 Messages
    661 Likes Received
    Thank you. Amari Cooper trade when it happened in the moment was a bad move. Remember I said in the moment. The FO did not expect to make the playoffs last year. It was a long term decision. It is very easy to look at the result and call Jerry a genius but it was a bad process that got a good result. Stuff happens.
    Work ona better process. When you continually have a good process good results will follow. This is the same advice I give to my 11 & 7 year old, the same spiel I give to my team at work.

9. glimmerman

11,842 Messages
    12,373 Likes Received
    Don’t know who’s voice is running the Offensive scheme but they better change a few things. Lol.

Common Sense likes this.
  10. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

24,113 Messages
    16,041 Likes Received
    Oh I agree with that but last season.....Cowboys weren’t dominant enough to blow out bad teams. At the beginning of the year....they were the bad teams. This team wants to control clock. So those games are just going to be close. Teams will always be in games with us and we will rarely get blown out if at all.

11. rocyaice

24,113 Messages
    16,041 Likes Received
    Facts.

12. rocyaice

24,113 Messages
    16,041 Likes Received
    Yeah but this offenses problems were bigger than just pass protection. Run blocking as well among play calling.

13. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

14,173 Messages
    14,121 Likes Received
    Yup. Let's hope Moore can be creative too.

14. Jumbo075

Jumbo075 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    3,190 Likes Received
    The Cowboys biggest problem was red-zone scoring. Dez Bryant was the quintessential red-zone receiver in the NFL, and the Cowboys parted ways with him last year. If I was a Cowboys coach, I would train Rico Gathers on one, and only one route. Let him learn to box out the defender and high-point the ball on back-shoulder fades in the end zone, like Bryant used to do for the Cowboys. It is the ONLY potential value for Gathers at this point in his career.

15. dsturgeon

dsturgeon Well-Known Member

521 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    That would be nice. I had not thought of that for fixing the red zone problem. If they establish that threat, it would open up all their other weapons too. They started playing rico last year. Maybe with one more offseason he gets it.

16. dsturgeon

521 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    Although Bryant being the red zone threat was a romo dez connection. Romo was just as special as dez on that. I don't remember how he and dak did. If dak could make those throws, andestablish that with Rico and cooper was 1v1 sometimes, he would be a really big threat. I don't know if dak has that touch though.

17. rnr_honeybadger

rnr_honeybadger Well-Known Member

2,331 Messages
    2,713 Likes Received
    Of the 4 things you listed #4 is probably the biggest reason the offense was so up and down last year. Just can't replace what a Center like Fredbeard brings to the team. Plus you also saw how it affected Martin's play.

18. Established1971

Established1971 fiveandcounting

2,668 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    Why do you have to taint an otherwise well-thought out and well-said post by employing that annoying and usually needless habit people have of calling other people's comments "crying"? Did you need to do that?

19. dsturgeon

521 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    There is lots to look forward too. Hopefully Travis, Zack, m collins, Wilson, and austin return to form and stay healthy

20. dsturgeon

521 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    I will keep that in mind from now on.