Failing to succeed

Dre11

Reaction score
What a

I witnessed 5 Superbowls with Landry and Jimmy.

Landry + Jimmy - Jerry = 5.

Jerry+all his yes men= -25.

Need a calculator? I seriously hope not.

Whose under a rock? How's China?

Next.

I hope you understand football, who Jimmy?, who money resurrect the team from the dumps?
I know you’re getting old, but Jimmy doesn’t do anything without Jerry. So those super bowls you attributed to Jimmy, are just as attributed to Jerry. Chew on that for a while.

Dre11

Reaction score
And when you can't take anymore and need to jump off one of your bridges make sure you do a flip. Then MAYBE fans here will actual give you respect.

This fool will never be respected, he’s old and senile.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
If you ever get the chance to read the story of Milton Hershey, the founder of Hershey's (what a coincidence), it is an amazing story of failing to succeed. His credo was "I haven't failed, I've just found a lot of ways it won't succeed" borrowing from Thomas Edison.

We've all been witnesses to "The Education Of Booger Jones" as he's made mistake after mistake and repeated some for good measure to arrive at the point where he's not a half bad GM. What's that??? Alert the media for frogs falling from the sky, CC has complimented Booger.

My dislike for Booger has never stemmed from his running the team. It's his and he can do as he pleases and I've mentioned it before, if I owned it, I think I know enough to be just as dangerous as he was. I would hire a GM as a scapegoat that I could fire as a sacrifice to the rabid fans but I would be calling the shots, especially the big shots. And you would too.

My dislike for him stems from his spotlight seeking, inability to speak and his homespun Boogerisms that he thinks are so endearing. I dislike anyone that is in so much love with themselves.

However, in the GM gig, he has shown a lot of improvement by changing out those voices in his ears and has made some good decisions in the draft and FA and if you think that's all on Son, we can save that for another thread because I attribute the change in philosophy to the man making it up. Booger is as much in charge as he has always been and that's OK.

While we rail about the old boy and blame him for everything including putting that goofy smile on Rowdy, let's ask ourselves one question. We hold that playoff record against him but in 2007, 2014 and 2016, did he not assemble a team of players that could have made it to the SB? Those were damned good teams and should have at least made it to the NFC Champs game but that leads us to coaching and that's an entirely different discussion. We can debate Garrett and why he's there but as far as player talent, Booger has not been in the bottom half of team builders.

Like Hershey and Edison, he's learned what doesn't work and also like them, he has a stubborn streak and will run an idea into the ground before giving it up. He thought he didn't need an OL because of Houdini and not only did he reverse that, he built one of the best in the league. He's allowed himself to get rid of players he really liked, Owens and Bryant, to better his team and that is based on listening. He used to be a new year every year GM and seems to be thinking more of the building toward the future and nothing exemplifies that more than the Jaylon Smith pick.

Yes, he's made quite a few bad decisions and he's paid for them. But, I give credit to Booger for learning life's greatest lesson about knowledge. If you don't know it, find someone that does.

I take my shots at him and have fun at his expense but just like I've said about our HC, we could do a lot worse, I feel the same way about GM.

What!!?? You gonna get it for that Coachie! You just moved slightly left wing. How dare you? You know JJ has brought locusts, the black death, rats, malaria and crotch rot don't you. He's everything evil in Cow town, he and his minion JG :huh::muttley:

giphy.gif

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I hope you understand football, who Jimmy?, who money resurrect the team from the dumps?
I know you’re getting old, but Jimmy doesn’t do anything without Jerry. So those super bowls you attributed to Jimmy, are just as attributed to Jerry. Chew on that for a while.

Man. Dizzy from the spin. Your new username is merry-go-round.

Jerry isn't even a half decent GM much less a coach. He should stick to signing the checks and get out of the way.

Jerry "resurrected" the team? Do you honestly think he could have done that if they were losing? THREE superbowls in spite of Jerry.............with Jimmy's staff, not Jerry's.

Last I looked this team has been mediocre, at best, POST Jimmy. And Mr. "any one of 500 hundred coaches could coach the Dallas Cowboys"............still has egg on his face.

Yah maybe Jerry should've initially hired a yes man instead, due to your fascination with 25 year droughts.You still president of the Dave Campo Appreciation club?

Chew on what? Spoiled interpretation? No thanks, I'll order the veal.

Seven

Reaction score
Please jump, there’s no room for ignorance here.

The Irony............and how does one 'jump' form an imaginary bridge?

Do you think before you type?

Dre11

Reaction score
Man. Dizzy from the spin. Your new username is merry-go-round.

Jerry isn't even a half decent GM much less a coach. He should stick to signing the checks and get out of the way.

Jerry "resurrected" the team? Do you honestly think he could have done that if they were losing? THREE superbowls in spite of Jerry.............with Jimmy's staff, not Jerry's.

Last I looked this team has been mediocre, at best, POST Jimmy. And Mr. "any one of 500 hundred coaches could coach the Dallas Cowboys"............still has egg on his face.

Yah maybe Jerry should've initially hired a yes man instead, due to your fascination with 25 year droughts.You still president of the Dave Campo Appreciation club?

Chew on what? Spoiled interpretation? No thanks, I'll order the veal.

All that Jibberish, and yet you failed to acknowledge and ignore the man who hired and started the entire process. Jimmy does nothing without Jerry. He probably never make it to the league....lol

Seven

Reaction score
This fool will never be respected, he’s old and senile.
Yah, I come to a message board to be respected.

Pull your head under the clouds.................It's reel purty down here, merry-go-round.

Seven

Reaction score
What's it like being the only one laughing?

Again with the I'm rubber your glue playground shtick?

Who cares if anyone is laughing.

You missed the point.......I'm laughing AT you.

Seven

Reaction score
The same way you pull shyt from your imaginary world.
Speaking of sh......I gotta go take a dre and wipe my 11............be right back.

Hang in there merry-go-round..........................

Dre11

Reaction score

Pull your head under the clouds.................It's reel purty down here, merry-go-round.

You come here with Bs and stupidity. Pull your head out your ***

Dre11

Reaction score

Now you’re illiterate too...lol

IrishAnto

Reaction score
If you ever get the chance to read the story of Milton Hershey, the founder of Hershey's (what a coincidence), it is an amazing story of failing to succeed. His credo was "I haven't failed, I've just found a lot of ways it won't succeed" borrowing from Thomas Edison.

We've all been witnesses to "The Education Of Booger Jones" as he's made mistake after mistake and repeated some for good measure to arrive at the point where he's not a half bad GM. What's that??? Alert the media for frogs falling from the sky, CC has complimented Booger.

My dislike for Booger has never stemmed from his running the team. It's his and he can do as he pleases and I've mentioned it before, if I owned it, I think I know enough to be just as dangerous as he was. I would hire a GM as a scapegoat that I could fire as a sacrifice to the rabid fans but I would be calling the shots, especially the big shots. And you would too.

My dislike for him stems from his spotlight seeking, inability to speak and his homespun Boogerisms that he thinks are so endearing. I dislike anyone that is in so much love with themselves.

However, in the GM gig, he has shown a lot of improvement by changing out those voices in his ears and has made some good decisions in the draft and FA and if you think that's all on Son, we can save that for another thread because I attribute the change in philosophy to the man making it up. Booger is as much in charge as he has always been and that's OK.

While we rail about the old boy and blame him for everything including putting that goofy smile on Rowdy, let's ask ourselves one question. We hold that playoff record against him but in 2007, 2014 and 2016, did he not assemble a team of players that could have made it to the SB? Those were damned good teams and should have at least made it to the NFC Champs game but that leads us to coaching and that's an entirely different discussion. We can debate Garrett and why he's there but as far as player talent, Booger has not been in the bottom half of team builders.

Like Hershey and Edison, he's learned what doesn't work and also like them, he has a stubborn streak and will run an idea into the ground before giving it up. He thought he didn't need an OL because of Houdini and not only did he reverse that, he built one of the best in the league. He's allowed himself to get rid of players he really liked, Owens and Bryant, to better his team and that is based on listening. He used to be a new year every year GM and seems to be thinking more of the building toward the future and nothing exemplifies that more than the Jaylon Smith pick.

Yes, he's made quite a few bad decisions and he's paid for them. But, I give credit to Booger for learning life's greatest lesson about knowledge. If you don't know it, find someone that does.

I take my shots at him and have fun at his expense but just like I've said about our HC, we could do a lot worse, I feel the same way about GM.
It shouldn't take 23 years to adapt to the new NFL, especially when you have a QB
of the caliber of T.R.
In addition any successful seasons we've had in the last 23 years look more like a happy accident than any carefully considered and executed plan.
Finally with each passing year the likelihood of him getting another SB becomes less and less likely.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Again with the I'm rubber your glue playground shtick?

Who cares if anyone is laughing.

You missed the point.......I'm laughing AT you.
I thinks they are laughing at you not with you just a hunch though

Seven

Reaction score
I thinks they are laughing at you not with you just a hunch though
Uhhhh......I think I already used that.

You could at least try to keep up?

I can't type slow for you..................

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a

I witnessed 5 Superbowls with Landry and Jimmy.

Landry + Jimmy - Jerry = 5.

Jerry+all his yes men= -25.

Need a calculator? I seriously hope not.

Whose under a rock? How's China?

Next.
Rate of Super Bowl Wins
Landry 6.9%
Jimmy 40%
Jerry with Jimmy 40%
Jerry without Jimmy Zero%
Jerry Overall 6.9%