CFZ Failure equals Motivation

cnuball21

Reaction score
Barring massive injuries to multiple players just don’t see us tanking.

Even if we did, ended up with a top pick and took one of the top QBs in the next few years it wouldn’t matter as long as Jerry is the GM.

I don’t think anything is changing until we have new ownership and / or an actual GM.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Even when we had those 3 consecutive 5-11 seasons it didn’t bring enough change . Yes, Jethro had to bow out a little with Bill but eventually he still meddled and ran him off .

Jethro is too much to overcome !!!
I would say the hiring of Parcells was big.

Nobody expected Jerry to hire someone like Parcells.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Barring massive injuries to multiple players just don’t see us tanking.

Even if we did, ended up with a top pick and took one of the top QBs in the next few years it wouldn’t matter as long as Jerry is the GM.

I don’t think anything is changing until we have new ownership and / or an actual GM.
No injuries.

Injuries are excuses for bad seasons.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That’s all you got. What if Walmart is only store in town .

We can be critical of ownership while still patronizing their product.
Walmart is not the only store, and you know it. People get tired of the constant whining. Go shop elsewhere. Very simple. Problem solved.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Walmart is not the only store, and you know it. People get tired of the constant whining. Go shop elsewhere. Very simple. Problem solved.
AC it’s ok if you disagree, but stop policing people’s opinions. This is an opinion forum, not a country club. As long as people here are following the rules, they are entitled to their opinions. Share why you disagree with their opinion. But stop telling people to go somewhere else just because you don’t like their opinion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Joneses do not define failure as a lot of the fans do.

There are fans, believe it or not, that do not see back-to-back 12 win seasons and making the playoffs as failure.
You know , it actually amazes me these idiots can even muster together this much success.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's why 12-5 needs to turn into 5-12.

That's the only way Jerry tries anything different.
Even when we had those 3 consecutive 5-11 seasons it didn’t bring enough change . Yes, Jethro had to bow out a little with Bill but eventually he still meddled and ran him off .

Jethro is too much to overcome !!!
That was my 1st thought. Glad I read further to see it mentioned.
After the Campo years, Jerry tried with Bill. But he also had an agenda to get a new stadium built.
Then he wanted to be the first team to host a home SB game.

But has not tried as hard since then. Why else hang onto Garrett all those years.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
AC it’s ok if you disagree, but stop policing people’s opinions. This is an opinion forum, not a country club. As long as people here are following the rules, they are entitled to their opinions. Share why you disagree with their opinion. But stop telling people to go somewhere else just because you don’t like their opinion.
I respect their opinions. It's the constant and nonstop complaining. Year after year after year...sheesh. Two 12-5 and back-to-back playoff years, yet they can't be positive about this team and franchise?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Then why come in these threads .

Maybe you should try threads which aren’t bashing our ownership .

Now if you want to present an argument on why you support our ownership or argue against criticism then go right ahead but otherwise it’s coming off like trolling the thread attempting to discredit other members cause you don’t like the narrative . Which is against the rules .

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Not too much motivation from the Clampetts so far, Niners have sent us home 2 years in a row and they are just getting stronger on the DL but us the losers 2 years in the PO against them, we are TALKING to the LB from the rams and now Cooks is on the radar, we are just all over the place.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I respect their opinions. It's the constant and nonstop complaining. Year after year after year...sheesh. Two 12-5 and back-to-back playoff years, yet they can't be positive about this team and franchise?
Fans are allowed to present their opinions however they choose .

If you’re pleased with the results then present as such .

But simply bashing other fans cause you don’t like their position is bordering on infractions of the forum.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t believe cratering will bring about change, mainly because the coverage of the team in the media will still be high. I believe that is enough to keep Jerry running it back year after year.

I believe they can win it all with one of these scenarios:

1) building top level offensive and defensive lines whether by accident or deliberately

2) somehow acquiring a QB that is of the Mahomes, Rodgers or Brady level.

In either scenario, they have to be fortunate with injuries and a few bounces of the ball going their way but that’s the same for all teams

every “good” season they have (like 12-5), could have been even better if the lines or QB (or both) played better at the end.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AC, I understand how you feel. But people wanting to express their opinions about the team- good or bad- is ok around here. If you don’t like what people are saying, one way to express your displeasure is to not post on that thread. Telling people to go root for another team because of not liking their opinion is not fair on an opinion forum.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Sadly, under Jerry, your idea won’t do it either.
We went 5-11 3 years in a row once upon a time, yet we never progressed at all. We had a horrible season when Romo was injured. Nothing changed. While I want to win a SB or even play in an NFC title game, I have no desire to bottom out and be a horrible team with no hope. Been there a few times, done that, did not lead to anything.

I would argue that our biggest problem has been that Jerry has never understood or valued complimentary football. He has always put his eggs in the offensive super stars basket, and the defense has been a weakness for decades despite having DWare for a good while. Jerry wanted his exciting WRs and running backs but didn’t do enough on the OL for awhile.

I don’t think McCarthy is an elite coach, but I love that he is emphasizing complimentary football and Dallas is now working on competing on both sides of the ball, knowing that no matter how good the offense is, it is stifled if the defense can’t get a stop at key moments. McCarthy wants an efficient offense that can run the ball, convert 3rd and short, stay on the field, and rest the defense which is now really good.

Personally, I like the direction in which we are moving. Losing big only helps if there happens to be a blue chip QB sitting there for you, and even then it can go bust. For those you who think Dak is garbage, that only changes when the Joneses decide he’s garbage, and even then, you can easily miss. If we had the number 1 pick this year, I wouldn’t exactly be excited about any of the QBs available.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Fans are allowed to present their opinions however they choose .

If you’re pleased with the results then present as such .

But simply bashing other fans cause you don’t like their position is bordering on infractions of the forum.
No one is bashing. Simply saying if you don't like the place or product you shop for, simply go shop somewhere else. Don't you think that would be much easier and healthier? I told my twin brother the same thing 2 years ago. He stopped following the Cowboys ever since. Today, he is much more positive, doesn't complain hardly anymore and is much happier/healthier.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would say the hiring of Parcells was big.

Nobody expected Jerry to hire someone like Parcells.
And that’s probably about as good as it gets . But it still wasn’t enough to overcome the toxic atmosphere, meddling and undermining that Jethro presents.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one is bashing. Simply saying if you don't like the place or product you shop for, simply go shop somewhere else. Don't you think that would be much easier and healthier? I told my twin brother the same thing 2 years ago. He stopped following the Cowboys ever since. Today, he is much more positive, doesn't complain hardly anymore and is much happier/healthier.
Being a fan is a very diverse experience. Some Fans express frustration and even anger about the teams they love in different ways. Some fans don’t like people expressing their frustrations. Either approach to being a fan is fine as long as none of us tell the other what it means to be “a real fan”.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
And that’s probably about as good as it gets . But it still wasn’t enough to overcome the toxic atmosphere, meddling and undermining that Jethro presents.
True, but it led to Jerry doing something that Jerry normally wouldn't do if we were middle of the pack those 3 years.

That's what I want to see.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve used this analogy before but it’s like everyone doesn’t support our leadership , direction or policies of our country but we still support and love your country while trying to advocate and lobby for change .

I often have issue with how my Alma Mater runs it’s programs as well and speak out while we still support the program .

That defines diehard fans who continue their support despite the issues they have with the product .

When is the last time you attended a game? Everyone is there supporting their team . Some cheer, some boo.