Fan rebuilding

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Disturbed;4963218 said:
17 seasons of mostly mediocrity will usually cool down the fan base.

The Cowboys fans have been loyal and the owner has benefited. He makes more money off the Cowboys even when losing than other owners do with their teams.

The tradition we need to get back to is winning...not chanting etc... The Cowboys did not become America's Team by being mediocre or losing.
It hasn't in Seattle. They've been the loudest fans through good and bad.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Some good ideas have already been brought up. I don't think we need to get the ideas to the club though. The problem, we all agree, is the management and administration of the club. Why put a corporate committee in charge of this? I love the old games club. This needs to stay with the fans. The fans, and by the looks of this thread maybe it is only five of us, need to put in an effort to change to gameday situation. If it is something as lame as passing out flyers with the facts that our gameday atmosphere sucks and some SUGGESTED "traditions" to help to start to change that, I'm all in. Otherwise we all sit around and wait for the winning to happen with the hopes that things will change when/if we win? Good luck with that. I'll be at the games trying to make a difference.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Hostile;4965092 said:

Exactly. And not to bring soccer into this, but their MLS team is also deafening loud. It's an attitude. The fans in their stadium won't put up with people not being loud, and it's time we don't either.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
I would like to make two other suggestions.

First, I would like to see Toby Keith's "Should've been a Cowboy" played after wins, and the fans stick around to sing it. Maybe the lyrics on the screen could help at first.

Secondly, some of us go to the games on a regular basis already. I propose that we form a Cowboyszone Gameday Crew. What this entails is a group of us who meet before the game, engage some of the fans, try to get everyone going. Maybe do a tailgate or meet at a restaurant before, pass out some flyers to the other fans with important game notes, points of interest, our new traditions and reminders to shut up when we have the ball and maybe a team roster.

After the pregame, on a rotating basis, we keep our CZGC in the same part of the standing room only area every game. This is where the energy and passions (and traditions) of the group will spread fastest. Soon I believe the rest of the standing room onlys will join in, and it will become very loud and consistent each week.

So, I volunteer to give up my seat and join the standing room crowd if we can get a large enough CZ crew to join in with me.

Soth

Reaction score
Hostile;4965092 said:

At least they have 6 playoff wins in the last 7 years. Not sure how loud they were in the 90's when they sucked (I truly don't remember).

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
TheKey;4965158 said:
I would like to make two other suggestions.

First, I would like to see Toby Keith's "Should've been a Cowboy" played after wins, and the fans stick around to sing it. Maybe the lyrics on the screen could help at first.

Secondly, some of us go to the games on a regular basis already. I propose that we form a Cowboyszone Gameday Crew. What this entails is a group of us who meet before the game, engage some of the fans, try to get everyone going. Maybe do a tailgate or meet at a restaurant before, pass out some flyers to the other fans with important game notes, points of interest, our new traditions and reminders to shut up when we have the ball and maybe a team roster.

After the pregame, on a rotating basis, we keep our CZGC in the same part of the standing room only area every game. This is where the energy and passions (and traditions) of the group will spread fastest. Soon I believe the rest of the standing room onlys will join in, and it will become very loud and consistent each week.

So, I volunteer to give up my seat and join the standing room crowd if we can get a large enough CZ crew to join in with me.

I for one commend your efforts.....it is time for the fans to put in some effort (support wise)..

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
I wish there were places with intimidating atmospheres similar to that seen in soccer.

[youtube]b8BJyIj-WbM[/youtube]

[youtube]GtLxpMyh13g[/youtube]

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Soth;4965191 said:
At least they have 6 playoff wins in the last 7 years. Not sure how loud they were in the 90's when they sucked (I truly don't remember).
They are loud win or lose. Their fans are simply more passionate than ours are and I don't really think it is debatable. Look at the Browns and the old Dawg Pound too, and they were never great. There are no excuses. We can pack the most fans into our house and we have the biggest fanbase in the world. It isn't about winning or losing. It is about emotion.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
we could start the chant Jerry Jerry Jerry after every big play, good or bad!

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Wish I could be there with you guys.

If someone wants to put me on face time on their iPhone during 3rd downs I'll do my best, lol.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Zaxor;4963233 said:
okay I will give it a go

Blue and Silver
Silver and Blue
Your team sucks
and so do you...

Cowboys, Cowboys
everyone's dream
but only one can claim
America's team

Cowboys Rock
Cowboys sing
while your team plays
with their own ding-a-ling

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Thats great made my day thread should be closed after this post

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I know winning brings loudness but it should always be loud. The way I see it, there are 2 things I've noticed

1) New stadium--Its an art studio hosting a football game. The times I've been I've gotten out of my seat and turned around and you are in a club or lounge and there is a bar and nice surroundings...you are watching a big screen. Its like being in the comfort of a bar/being at home but taking in a live game. Just hard to get the noise they want.

2) Fans over the years--I never found our fans as being too loud. In fact I always thought the old stadium was a little cheesy too. Always blasted "dudududdunah..charge" type sound effects and the old music. Just never seemed condusive even in the winning times you never saw teams having trouble calling plays, etc. I've been a fan since the 70s and we just never have seemed blue collar or loud. Look at that Patriots game last night. Not sure what their rep is but there were people on their feet from the go yelling while they were on defense. I don't see that with us. More wine and cheese than beer, sloppy and loud.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
TheKey;4965143 said:
Good luck with that. I'll be at the games trying to make a difference.

You'll be glad to know I was loud as **** when i bought those tickets from you. :D

Seriously though, this thread is important. Let's have a plan together by next season. If only the fans inside the stadium were EXACTLY LIKE the guys I tailgate with in Rangers Lot A. *sigh

LUVDABOYS

Reaction score
I've only been to the stadium once and had a great time, but there was one thing that bothered me. Half the stadium was closed off to the real fans. The whole thing was huge and I didnt have a whole lot of time to check it out, but the loud areas seemed to be the two endzones. The reserved croud seemed to be in the areas I couldnt get to. I'm guessing the 50 yard line back to the 20 or so is for the "privileged"? or so expensive the real fan cant afford? \
I dont know, I just think the setup is not condusive to a loud stadium. I do know, it was irritating that I couldnt get all around the stadium.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
LUVDABOYS;4965733 said:
I've only been to the stadium once and had a great time, but there was one thing that bothered me. Half the stadium was closed off to the real fans. The whole thing was huge and I didnt have a whole lot of time to check it out, but the loud areas seemed to be the two endzones. The reserved croud seemed to be in the areas I couldnt get to. I'm guessing the 50 yard line back to the 20 or so is for the "privileged"? or so expensive the real fan cant afford? \
I dont know, I just think the setup is not condusive to a loud stadium. I do know, it was irritating that I couldnt get all around the stadium.
Exactly. The stadium is divided by income. I've sat in club seats before. Most people in our section didn't even have jerseys on. It was the worst time I've had at a game there, despite sitting in $900 seats.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
We are going to start in the standing room only section. Same spot, every week. 10-12 of us would be ideal. We will be coordinated, recognizable and loud. No more comments about how bad the stadium sucks, we know this already. I want some comments about who is ready to join me and some more ideas about how we will coordinate.