Fan since the early 90s for 80% of my lifetime

Mookie

Reaction score
Considering leaving this broken franchise for the first time ever. I never ever missed a game, stuck with them in the Wright, Stoerner, Carter, Leaf days. But always trusted them because they were never afraid to go after impact football people, Parcells for example.

But the first big mistake came when they didn't promote Payton as HC, that set us back over a decade.

But it's all good, we have the best quarterback I've ever seen with Romo, he sure is a mean gunslinger that I appreciate. But we never could figure out the defense, then we drafted Dez, we built the greatest line you've ever seen but it is all led by a (surely a great man) but a horrible HC. He wasted Romo, released the all-time leading guy in franchise history at 29 years old, and lost the team and now the fanbase.

I'm sick if this, I dislike Dak the player, I really don't like Sean Lee and his perpetual injuries and I don't see us competing the next 5 years.

With that said I don't know why we support this team, they dont deserve me.

Dallas is an OK city as well, I'm not even from there, I'm liking New Orleans, it is my favorite city in the country. Go Sean Payton, go Dez Bryant, go the team we were supposed to be but never was.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I really don't know how you change teams. Its heart not mind that picks your favorite team. You can't just change and it be the same.

I however have taken a different approach over the past 3-4 years. Make a conscious decision to not let it ruin my day or week - It works, but does take some of the heart out of it!

John813

Reaction score
Ok.

If rooting for the Saints makes you feel better, do it.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Considering leaving this broken franchise for the first time ever. I never ever missed a game, stuck with them in the Wright, Stoerner, Carter, Leaf days. But always trusted them because they were never afraid to go after impact football people, Parcells for example.

But the first big mistake came when they didn't promote Payton as HC, that set us back over a decade.

But it's all good, we have the best quarterback I've ever seen with Romo, he sure is a mean gunslinger that I appreciate. But we never could figure out the defense, then we drafted Dez, we built the greatest line you've ever seen but it is all led by a (surely a great man) but a horrible HC. He wasted Romo, released the all-time leading guy in franchise history at 29 years old, and lost the team and now the fanbase.

I'm sick if this, I dislike Dak the player, I really don't like Sean Lee and his perpetual injuries and I don't see us competing the next 5 years.

Dallas is an OK city as well, I'm not even from there, I'm liking New Orleans, it is my favorite city in the country. Go Sean Payton, go Dez Bryant, go the team we were supposed to be but never was.
Exit announcements are not required.

davey999

Reaction score
I'm with you Mookie. I cannot see myself switching allegiances, but I simply don't care that much anymore. I no longer look forward to watching the games and I'm not that affected, win or lose. I actually went to bed with about 8 minutes left on Monday - something that I never thought I would do.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Cowboys are my favorite team. I was kicking and screaming in the floor when we were losing SB to the Steelers in the 70’s. Riding high with them in the 90’s. We have been close in recent years. We are a HC away. Or players that have to win despite the HC and his decisions.

I will remain a Cowboys fan. Even if I don’t agree with the moves they make.

But I understand the frustration. This last game hit me hard. Started off to be what it should have been, should have been a great game for us. But ended making me sick. Sick and tired.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I don’t agree with all of it, like I’ll never root for the saints, but you are right they wasted so many years and we won’t be competing any time soon. We are going to have to get out of the dak years, go through a time with no qb, and then a few years of training the new guy. I’m thinking like 5 or 6 years at minimum. Such a sorry state this is. It would have been better if dak never came along. Would rather have bottomed out quicker and started the search sooner.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mookster, get ready for a lot of "don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out" responses because threads like this don't go over very well, especially since you signed on during the last glory years.

It is not about the team not deserving your support because fanhood really isn't based on that.

I get the frustration but this is what you get with this team. There's not another one like it and it does test our limits as fans and some of us just have to renew our fan vows every few years because of how this team is run.

Staying a fan of the Cowboys doesn't come easy for some but my history with the laundry goes so deep, I can't imagine walking away anymore than I could a friend because they're sick. I can't stand the Jones family or the coaching staff so I get beyond that and get back to what made me a fan and it wasn't winning. They became my one and only after one of the toughest losses but toughest played games ever played.

Mookie

Reaction score
Mookster, get ready for a lot of "don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out" responses because threads like this don't go over very well, especially since you signed on during the last glory years.

It is not about the team not deserving your support because fanhood really isn't based on that.

I get the frustration but this is what you get with this team. There's not another one like it and it does test our limits as fans and some of us just have to renew our fan vows every few years because of how this team is run.

Staying a fan of the Cowboys doesn't come easy for some but my history with the laundry goes so deep, I can't imagine walking away anymore than I could a friend because they're sick. I can't stand the Jones family or the coaching staff so I get beyond that and get back to what made me a fan and it wasn't winning. They became my one and only after one of the toughest losses but toughest played games ever played.
You're absolutely right, but at some point there has got to be a divorce.

Think about it, and pardon me if I am explicit here but people change partners all the time, and they don't mind it if another man is sexually involved with their own ex-wife even the mother of his children, but yet people will never change teams? Why is that? Same for me, it will be hard to change, but it doesn't make any sense lol

Dre11

Reaction score

Lol...bye, everyone comes here with this bs, if you're willing to walk away, you wasn't a true fan anyways.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I really don't know how you change teams. Its heart not mind that picks your favorite team. You can't just change and it be the same.

I however have taken a different approach over the past 3-4 years. Make a conscious decision to not let it ruin my day or week - It works, but does take some of the heart out of it!
I wish I knew your secret. I tell myself the same thing. Yet, I wake up with that down feeling that lasts a while.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Why would you be a fan of any other team...the Cowboys have the best stadium in the world. That means more than a Super Bowl and all that matters! :bow:

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I only read the first 2 sentences and I already can tell that this is one of the most original threads of all time.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Don't leave Mooks, look at it this way...we get a non stop act of Jerry's circus and occasionally we get to watch some football where we're not getting blown out before the coin flip hits the ground.

Asklesko

Reaction score
I think it would be better for us personally and for the Cowboys if we all stopped fanning. Less stress for us, and Jerry might change if he starts losing money.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
I have been a fan since I was a kid in the mid 70's. I will never change teams. That said I no longer live the highs and lows of the team. Jerry has beat me down with 20+ years of mediocrity. If they are on and I am home I will watch. Or not. It really doesn't matter like it used to.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I wish I knew your secret. I tell myself the same thing. Yet, I wake up with that down feeling that lasts a while.

I used to not be able to sleep after a loss. Maybe being able to do it comes with age - I am 51 now. It was an odd phenomenon for me the other night. I think up to Sunday I still had a little hope that Dak could turn it around, I woke up once or twice during the night thinking about the game. I have not lost sleep or thought about a loss at night for 2 years. I could not explain why I was feeling that way again. I think that loss was the last step in my program.

I don't know what I am going to feel like going forward as a fan. I think all hope is gone for a while