CFZ Fans grasping for Low-Hanging Fruit

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Everyone seems to want to pretend they have an answer.
Dak let us down.
The team quit.
They weren’t prepared.
Penalties are the culprit.
They are frauds who won’t win another game.

All silly knee jerk reactions. You don’t win 10 games and destroy Philly a week ago if you are a fraud team.

Here are simple facts. Buffalo led 31-3 in the fourth quarter without the benefit of a single turnover Or quality field position.
They scored 31 points on TD drives of 75, 86, 76, and 67 yards to go with a 65 yard fg drive started at their 30.
They totaled 266 yards rushing and only completed 7 passes for 94 yards, 44 of that to the RB.

The eye test? Their defensive line dominated our OL and had fun blitzing on 3rd downs.
Their OL dominated our DL and had fun playing an extra OT to abuse our LBs and DBs, who couldn’t tackle anyone.
It wasn’t a case of quitting. They literally punished us physically. Our lines were playing catch all night, absorbing abuse.

That was the game. The refs letting them get away with fouls early like 2 head shots on Dak while sliding, along with hard hits while throwing the ball, yet calling a soft shove on DLaw just because Allen faked the call for a facemask hit and then penalizing our DBs when they tried to play the way the Bills DBs were playing didn’t help, but take away DLaw’s and Kearse’s soft penalties, the bottom line is the defense never had any chance of controlling the Bills run game, and our OL did not hold up at all.

Have my SB hopes been dashed? Yes, barring major injuries or illness, this team has very little chance of holding up to the same type of game from SF.
But, most teams cannot overmatch us the way the Bills did. Miami cannot play that physical style, nor can Detroit. The team needs to regroup and hope that someone knocks off SF before they entertain us.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
2 more interesting nuggets.
  • On the players lounge this week, 3 of 4 former players and media picked Dallas to win by 7, 3, and 1 point. Only Barry Church picked Buffalo with no hesitation. Even as the others gave him grief, he wouldn’t budge and kept repeating, “I don’t like the matchups.” He didn’t like how we matched up with them on either side of the line.
  • After the game, Josh Allen said, “I feel like the guy in class that did nothing on the project but got an A.”
The Bills dominated us physically….period. And I think they’d do it in Dallas as well.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The pits it was men playing against the boys. We got manhandled, plain and simple.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Parsons aint the dude

His defenses crumble is big games.

Pretty simple
First of all, how is it his defense?
We don’t crumble in big games.
It was plain and simple, we just don’t have the size, on the line
Our defense is built for speed.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thats not how this game works.

Its Daks fault.
The truth of it is, you can’t commit so many mistakes penalties on the road. You might be able to overcome at home, but never on the road road.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When the Cowboys lose it's the same thing. OL and DL get dominated and penalties. It might be low hanging fruit but it's really that simple.
That was the bottom line, mistakes on the road you can’t overcome them

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Their OL dominated our DL
One more time, I'm going to ask how those "bad feet" impacted the rookie Torrence's ability to handle our players?

Or for that matter, McGovern who most on this board thought was horrible.

The Bills explicitly set out to strengthen their interior OL after last season for exactly this type of football and because they know what they will face in the playoffs.

We fail over & over on defense yet we continue to neglect getting big & physical. Kinda embarrasing isn't it?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Parsons aint the dude

His defenses crumble is big games.

Pretty simple
This is stupid. He's the best defensive player in football lol

"his defenses" my God. It's almost like smart offenses know how to scheme around an edge player.

The problem is that DQ has no ability to scheme anything, it's not Micah.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
This is stupid. He's the best defensive player in football lol

"his defenses" my God. It's almost like smart offenses know how to scheme around an edge player.

The problem is that DQ has no ability to scheme anything, it's not Micah.
It wasnt directed at you

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
20 rushing first downs? Really? I had no idea that was possible even in the old days of football.
This is what worries me the most. Everything else can be filed away under "gameday performance" or "any given sunday". This? That's a problem with the infrastructure.