CFZ Fans grasping for Low-Hanging Fruit

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are 10 to 15 teams in the NFL who are haves
the rest are have nots.
We dominate the have nots, like the Eagles etc.
We get clocked by the haves.
This has been going on for 3 seasons. You can throw up all the rationalizations you want.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Everyone seems to want to pretend they have an answer.
Dak let us down.
The team quit.
They weren’t prepared.
Penalties are the culprit.
They are frauds who won’t win another game.

All silly knee jerk reactions. You don’t win 10 games and destroy Philly a week ago if you are a fraud team.

Here are simple facts. Buffalo led 31-3 in the fourth quarter without the benefit of a single turnover Or quality field position.
They scored 31 points on TD drives of 75, 86, 76, and 67 yards to go with a 65 yard fg drive started at their 30.
They totaled 266 yards rushing and only completed 7 passes for 94 yards, 44 of that to the RB.

The eye test? Their defensive line dominated our OL and had fun blitzing on 3rd downs.
Their OL dominated our DL and had fun playing an extra OT to abuse our LBs and DBs, who couldn’t tackle anyone.
It wasn’t a case of quitting. They literally punished us physically. Our lines were playing catch all night, absorbing abuse.

That was the game. The refs letting them get away with fouls early like 2 head shots on Dak while sliding, along with hard hits while throwing the ball, yet calling a soft shove on DLaw just because Allen faked the call for a facemask hit and then penalizing our DBs when they tried to play the way the Bills DBs were playing didn’t help, but take away DLaw’s and Kearse’s soft penalties, the bottom line is the defense never had any chance of controlling the Bills run game, and our OL did not hold up at all.

Have my SB hopes been dashed? Yes, barring major injuries or illness, this team has very little chance of holding up to the same type of game from SF.
But, most teams cannot overmatch us the way the Bills did. Miami cannot play that physical style, nor can Detroit. The team needs to regroup and hope that someone knocks off SF before they entertain us.
I agree

blueblood70

Reaction score
First of all, how is it his defense?
We don’t crumble in big games.
It was plain and simple, we just don’t have the size, on the line
Our defense is built for speed.
Because there was a lot of talk most of the year and there was a threat somebody started that it's all on Prescott because he's got a great defense and a great offensive line and it's all set up perfectly for him and I was the one yesterday and all week and all year telling us this defense has been a problem they are boom or bust this is rod marinelli's defense all over again if they don't get a turnover they don't stop many plays they don't force a lot of punts just go back and look at the games even the Eagles game that one's fresh on everyone's mind they literally those plays that they ripped the ball out of those hands those were successfully designed plays they were mostly pathways big chunk yards running free down the middle of the field until they got the ball ripped out that doesn't mean those plays didn't work the defense still was allowing themselves to be walked easily down the field everyone's saying it's just the run game no no no no....

We all watched the games all we remember is the big wins the lopsided wins but even in some of the games like Washington and Carolina we watched them have like 15 to 17 play drives that they just easily went down the field on us they were converting third downs 4th downs this has been happening all year...

I kept having this big argument for the last two weeks with somebody on here I can't remember who his name is it claims I'm wrong because the defense DNA is turnovers therefore we could expect turnovers almost every game therefore it's part of the defense and that we are where we don't have a problem and I'm telling the defense has been a problem and all four losses now they are the biggest problem many people are saying that this team just needs a steady quarterback that doesn't need make mistakes no that was actually what we thought in the offseason that is why they designed this offense to be conservative to start the year and then realized our defense isn't what it was hyped to be and they had to open the offense back up..

And yet we still don't have a consistent run game our offensive line can get handled by 4 man defensive lines they don't even have to blitz if they don't want to they're playing Max coverage this zone that everyone says is messing up Prescott because he can't beat it no the fact is they got everybody covered and they're still putting pressure on the quarterback with four guys and they're able to stop our run with very little effort that would be on the offensive line

all these narratives that Prescott has the team this year that if he just stays the course and doesn't make mistakes we should win a lot of games and this year is different it's not different this is the same as with Romo this is the same dak Prescott defense an offensive line that he's had most of his career I mean literally the offensive line has been breaking down the last five or six years it has never been that dominant as it was his rookie year the same with the run game the play calling everything but that's what we're talking about they're saying that this defense the run game the offensive line the play calling Dan Quinn the damn genius that this is all on Prescott when we don't win games...

Dakota

Reaction score
Everybody is so quick to bash Dak. He has shown tremendous progress this year. Did he have a few stinkers this year, sure, ok. Be patient, I think Dak only needs a few more seasons under his belt and then he will prove all the doubters wrong.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Dak let us down.
The team quit.
They weren’t prepared.

All silly knee jerk reactions. You don’t win 10 games and destroy Philly a week ago if you are a fraud team.

Here are simple facts. Buffalo led 31-3 in the fourth quarter without the benefit of a single turnover Or quality field position.
They scored 31 points on TD drives of 75, 86, 76, and 67 yards to go with a 65 yard fg drive started at their 30.
They totaled 266 yards rushing and only completed 7 passes for 94 yards, 44 of that to the RB.

The eye test? Their defensive line dominated our OL and had fun blitzing on 3rd downs.
Their OL dominated our DL and had fun playing an extra OT to abuse our LBs and DBs, who couldn’t tackle anyone.
It wasn’t a case of quitting. They literally punished us physically. Our lines were playing catch all night, absorbing abuse.

That was the game. The refs letting them get away with fouls early like 2 head shots on Dak while sliding, along with hard hits while throwing the ball, yet calling a soft shove on DLaw just because Allen faked the call for a facemask hit and then penalizing our DBs when they tried to play the way the Bills DBs were playing didn’t help, but take away DLaw’s and Kearse’s soft penalties, the bottom line is the defense never had any chance of controlling the Bills run game, and our OL did not hold up at all.

Have my SB hopes been dashed? Yes, barring major injuries or illness, this team has very little chance of holding up to the same type of game from SF.
But, most teams cannot overmatch us the way the Bills did. Miami cannot play that physical style, nor can Detroit. The team needs to regroup and hope that someone knocks off SF before they entertain us.
I agree with most of this, but can we stop the blaming refs excuses every week? The D Law play was a penalty, like or not. A shove was unnecessary yet it happened. The hits to Dak, I believe one was called, the other that wasn't should have been. Do you really think that changed the tempo of the game? Kearse left his bloody feet, and Sam took the wrong angle at the block as if he was afraid...those were legit calls that cost us. They bullied us up and down the field, and our OL came out unmatched against the fierce play the Bills showed out of desperation. There is still no reason we cannot get to a NFC championship game, but there is no chance we beat the 9ers if the road goes through them

erod

Reaction score
Dak let us down.
The team quit.
They weren’t prepared.

Lol

1-3 against good winning teams.

9-1 against some of the worst teams in football.

Yesterday is what they are when it matters.