Fans (I don't understand)

kskboys

Reaction score
I’ve watched, live, every Super Bowl we’ve played.

How is it that I’m still a fan but other “old school” fans take every opportunity to crsp on the team?

Being a fan is a choice.
Maybe you're paying attention to the wrong posters. There are many really good ones here, but it's hard to fight through the drivel of incessantly spewing about what others are doing and saying. That is exactly what I was asking about, and I truly don't understand why the personal thoughts of others is so important. I was truly asking a question about something that doesn't make sense to me.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't dispute that. Again I'm not going to answer for Ksk I'm just saying I know him from the old site and know what happened over there. He's cynical. That's what I mean by the old days, not old school.

I'm still an unabashed homer. I love the team and grew up with it. As much as I hate my biological father he worked for the team and I literally knew people like Tex Schramm. I care about it more than I should possibly, but I've become more chill in my old age.
Yes, Jerry Jones has made me cynical, of that there is no doubt. I'm the type that finds it impossible to ignore the facts in front of me. At first, I was incensed by Jerry when he'd state things such as "You don't need a good OL if you have a mobile QB." And the problem is, the draft went according to that statement, and caused losses and a shortened career for Romo. It simply costs us so dearly.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Yes, Jerry Jones has made me cynical, of that there is no doubt. I'm the type that finds it impossible to ignore the facts in front of me. At first, I was incensed by Jerry when he'd state things such as "You don't need a good OL if you have a mobile QB." And the problem is, the draft went according to that statement, and caused losses and a shortened career for Romo. It simply costs us so dearly.
That playoff game in Minny was painful to watch.

rambo2

Reaction score
Because some of us are tired of just being relevant. We want to play for championships. Beating up on average and bad teams and losing in the first round of the playoffs gets old after 30 years.
They didn't lose in the 1st round last year.

bewp7

Reaction score
cool

call me when dak and the cowboys win a super bowl and dont crap the bed in the division round

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Because it's more about being right on a message board than it is being a fan of the team.
I don't believe that at all. At the end of the day, everyone (especially people that post on a message board) want their team to succeed. Nobody here would be more upset about being wrong on a message board if the team just won a Super Bowl. That's just silly.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Maybe you're paying attention to the wrong posters. There are many really good ones here, but it's hard to fight through the drivel of incessantly spewing about what others are doing and saying. That is exactly what I was asking about, and I truly don't understand why the personal thoughts of others is so important. I was truly asking a question about something that doesn't make sense to me.
Fair enough. There’s no doubt that the board would be more fun if everyone was able to turn the burner down a notch, myself included.

I just get bummed out when right after a big win, I come to the board looking to celebrate with other fans and there are so many people being negative.