Fans who quit

joseephuss

Reaction score
There is a local radio guy who is a Cowboys fan. He is on the air talking about how he is quitting being a fan. I have read similar posts from people. Well, bye.

I hear talk about how this team is weak and has no soul and other similar criticisms. That may be true. Fans who quit being fans because the team lost and is enduring tough times are also weak. If they can't handle it or don't want to handle it, then it probably is best they find something else. Maybe something to follow other than sports. Perhaps the stock market.

There are always lean times for any franchise. Eventually there will be great times as well. I don't mind hearing or reading criticism of Dallas, but I can't stand quitters.

This franchise has certainly had lower moments than yesterday. They have also had worse QB play. Romo sucked yesterday, but he is better than Bledsoe who never game them a chance in the first place. That is just one example and I have read several great well thought out critiques of this team. And until they correct some things they will have a hard time getting into the playoffs much less actually doing well in the playoffs. And if they don't then we will all start the off season earlier than we want. I'll just never quit being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. I've been through the bad times and the good. I don't like the bad times, but there is no other team I would rather be a fan of in my life.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
joseephuss;2474583 said:
There is a local radio guy who is a Cowboys fan. He is on the air talking about how he is quitting being a fan. I have read similar posts from people. Well, bye.

I hear talk about how this team is weak and has no soul and other similar criticisms. That may be true. Fans who quit being fans because the team lost and is enduring tough times are also weak. If they can't handle it or don't want to handle it, then it probably is best they find something else. Maybe something to follow other than sports. Perhaps the stock market.

There are always lean times for any franchise. Eventually there will be great times as well. I don't mind hearing or reading criticism of Dallas, but I can't stand quitters.

This franchise has certainly had lower moments than yesterday. They have also had worse QB play. Romo sucked yesterday, but he is better than Bledsoe who never game them a chance in the first place. That is just one example and I have read several great well thought out critiques of this team. And until they correct some things they will have a hard time getting into the playoffs much less actually doing well in the playoffs. And if they don't then we will all start the off season earlier than we want. I'll just never quit being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. I've been through the bad times and the good. I don't like the bad times, but there is no other team I would rather be a fan of in my life.

I quit on the Montreal Expos but they quit on me before I quit on them.

Other than that, I have never understood people signing on to a webboard, calling a talk show etc to say they are no longer fans. I guess they feel better after the histrionics but in the end, who cares.

1fisher

Reaction score
I've been a fan since the late 70's. I've been there through the good and bad. Every offseason I can't wait til training camp, preseason, and then the regular season. The results will differ from season to season and I just have to realize that and accept it. Do I like it? Maybe, maybe not. I cannot envision ever giving up on the team I started liking as a young chap!

Win lose or draw.......... GO COWBOYS!

:starspin

I think I want to cry....... :(

The Panch

Reaction score
Im never gonna quit on this team, but I've quit depending on them. I never became a true football fan til the mid/late 90s, so I missed most of the Dallas glory days, but I stayed loyal thru mostly bad times and will continue to do so.

Jerry's ego is what killed this franchise from winning more championships in the 90s and I thought he had learned from his mistakes, but it's clear to me he hasnt. Until we get a new owner/GM who's sole focus is on building a tough winning football franchise and not some glamour product to create attention on and off the field and keep them in the news, I'll just sit back and watch.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
im not quitting as a fan im just tired of this team losing games that they should of won. im also tired of tony throwing 3 ints a game.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
I just cursed and ranted for an entire hour on DCFanatic Radio...

But I will never quit being a fan.

Ever.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboys#1;2474600 said:
im not quitting as a fan im just tired of this team losing games that they should of won. im also tired of tony throwing 3 ints a game.

Romo throws a lot of 3 int games? How do you feel with the multipule TD games he has had since taking over as QB?

bigE79

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2474603 said:

Ever.
+1:star:

landryscorner

Reaction score
Should of titled this "teams that quit" or "coaches that quit" or " players that quit" after all it was them that lost the game

Champsheart

Reaction score
I have been a fan since I knew what Football was, and I will be a fan until the day I die. That is the only way I know.

For the bandwagon jumpers, I never wanted them on the wagon anyway!

No repsect for them at all! None.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
landryscorner;2474627 said:
Should of titled this "teams that quit" or "coaches that quit" or " players that quit" after all it was them that lost the game

Why the comment had to do with fans calling up saying how they are giving up on the team. Hell you don't need to call in and be a drama queen just don't watch if you don't intend to support the team.

Woods

Reaction score
I'll never quit on the Cowboys. I've been a fan since 1976.

But I have to say, I'm awfully disappointed at this season thus far.

I think our coaching is lacking, esp on STs.

And I just think we have too much talent to be an 8-5 team.

It's been a long time since a Super Bowl appearance - heck, even a playoff win.

I think with the right coaching from TOP to Bottom we are an elite team - we have most of the players we need.

We need the right MENTAL make-up. And I think a team takes on the persona of its HC.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
To "quit" on your team says more about you than it does about the team.

cardhouse300x449.jpg

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
joseephuss;2474583 said:

Post of the year.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I've usually suggested that quitters follow another sport also, like Cricket. I've heard that some players even show up to matches without shin guards. That's toughness right there. Not gutting out a near win in below-zero conditions in a hostile environment. That's softness.

DALLAS COWBOYS TILL I MOTHER****IN DIE!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is when they feel the need to let everyone know that they will be quitting and then a few weeks later they show up when the team is winning.

Also, what is odd is that this is a very poor time to quit on the Cowboys. The Cowboys are actually a pretty good team and when compared to teams of the past decade, they are really good.

Quit being a fan when the team loses to a new franchise playing their first regular season game. Don't quit when the Cowboys lose on the road, without the player that gives them their identity at running back and against a team that is tops in pass defense, run defense and defense overall.

Mansta54

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2474603 said:

Ever.

:starspin Blue-n-Silver til the day I die!!!!!!:starspin

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I quit being a fan of major league baseball after the 1994 strike. Prior to that I had been a diehard Dodgers fan all my life. Now I could care less about baseball.

That was different from where I am with the Cowboys. That was an entire sport I was sick of.

I have gone through tough times with the Boys over the past 45 years as a fan and will stick with them through this. Is it pleasant right now? NO. But I am not going anywhere. I stuck with them when we "couldn't win the big one" in the late 60s. I stuck with them when we went 3-13 in 1988. I stuck with them when Jerry bought the team and fired Tom Landry (that was the closest I came to saying goodbye though). I stuck with them through the Gailey and Campo years. I can stick with them through this time.

I still see a lot to be hopeful for with this team and Tony Romo is still a great QB despite what some fair-weather fans might think to the contrary. Peyton Manning was labeled a loser for not winning a playoff game until his 6th season as a starter. I think I'll give Romo a few more years before I think about writing him off.