Fans who quit

Batman

Reaction score
ejthedj;2474979 said:
The worst part is not that they are heartless (which they are)

It is that they are liars! As soon as we start winning, they'll be back

Here's to the real fans, like me

Live and Die with the team

I am just not sure where this heartless thing is coming from. Our defense busted their butts off in that game and gave it everything they had. We got 5 sacks and several pressures. You can't even tell me that goal line stand was that of a heartless team!!!!! You can't tell me the efforts Choice, Witten(coming back to play injured), Pacman making several key plays on defense. Our offensive line doing a pretty good job of giving Romo plenty of time to throw for the most part is that of a heartless team. You can't tell me that great TD catch T.O. made was that of a heartless player. No, you have it wrong, this team has heart. If we didn't have an overrated choker for a QB you would not even posting this.

There were several times where the Steelers had great field position to start a drive, and our defense got the job done. Go back and look at how many times the defense kept us in this game. Then come back and tell me this is a heartless team. And while I think Tony Romo is a choker who never will have what it takes to win a big game, he plays hard and gave it everything he had. His only problem is he is a choker. But to say this team is heartless is completely wrong. This team dug itself in a big hole with all the turnovers against one of the best teams in the NFL, yet it never gave up. Many teams would have given up, but we did not give up. A choker cost us the game. This team is not heartless, putting all being angry at losing aside, you would see this team gave it everything it had. This team was not heartless, I have to completely disagree with you.

Mansta54

Reaction score
ejthedj;2474979 said:
The worst part is not that they are heartless (which they are)

It is that they are liars! As soon as we start winning, they'll be back

Here's to the real fans, like me

Live and Die with the team

:clap2:

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Batman;2475001 said:
I am just not sure where this heartless thing is coming from. Our defense busted their butts off in that game and gave it everything they had. We got 5 sacks and several pressures. You can't even tell me that goal line stand was that of a heartless team!!!!! You can't tell me the efforts Choice, Witten(coming back to play injured), Pacman making several key plays on defense. Our offensive line doing a pretty good job of giving Romo plenty of time to throw for the most part is that of a heartless team. You can't tell me that great TD catch T.O. made was that of a heartless player. No, you have it wrong, this team has heart. If we didn't have an overrated choker for a QB you would not even posting this.

There were several times where the Steelers had great field position to start a drive, and our defense got the job done. Go back and look at how many times the defense kept us in this game. Then come back and tell me this is a heartless team. And while I think Tony Romo is a choker who never will have what it takes to win a big game, he plays hard and gave it everything he had. His only problem is he is a choker. But to say this team is heartless is completely wrong. This team dug itself in a big hole with all the turnovers against one of the best teams in the NFL, yet it never gave up. Many teams would have given up, but we did not give up. A choker cost us the game. This team is not heartless, putting all being angry at losing aside, you would see this team gave it everything it had. This team was not heartless, I have to completely disagree with you.

He's not talking about the team, he's talking about "fans" that come here after a loss and rant and rave about good players- like Romo.

juck

Reaction score
Since I was 5 I havent quit,never will,thats my team ,good times are coming.

Batman

Reaction score
5Countem5;2475016 said:
He's not talking about the team, he's talking about "fans" that come here after a loss and rant and rave about good players- like Romo.

Ouch, my bad. I am just tired of seeing stuff of this team is heartless, I just read it the wrong way. My apologies.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2474839 said:
Who cares if Tony is better than Bledsoe? Championships are not handed out to players who are better than Bledsoe.

Just because we had to sit through complete trash for the better part of a decade and a half since the glory days doesn't mean that we should all just grin and be happy with what we got.

If this team sits around and says "well, ya know we lost but ****, at least we aren't Drew Bledsoe" then they have already quit on all of us.

Player after player sits in that locker room, does the media BS thing and talks about how the goal is to win a championship.

I'm so sick of the downward comparisons that people throw out just to make themselves feel a little better about how moderately better things are now compared to 5, 7, 10 years ago.

Its weak.

And all the while, I just want to know why Dallas can't be like the Giants (and please save the "did the giants win yesterday" trash. their season as a whole has been very impressive) or the Titans. Why can't Dallas be like the team that just beat them yesterday and just ****ing win for gods sake. Why do we have to sit here and watch a team chalked full of talent piss away postseason aspirations because they didn't finish the game, or "took the Rams lightly" or whatever half-assed excuse they use after dropping another game.

Its tiresome. I'm sure I am just like many of you and have a ton wrapped up into how well the Cowboys play. It literally ****s my entire week up when they lose. I am pissed from that moment on. It isn't really until friday that I can let that go and that is only because its the weekend.

I really don't care about fans who quit or fans who stay. Its not my concern and makes me feel no better in any way about what happened yesterday. Similarly, I don't give a **** what ESPN says or FOX or CBS or any other stations of analysts. Claiming a "media bias" also doesn't soothe any wounds for me.

At some point though, I think its time to face facts. Dallas just isn't as good as we all hoped they would be. For whatever reason they just can't put it all together. We've all *****ed about needing an extra player here or there but looking around the league you can see teams doing a lot more with a lot less. But then again, maybe the players we think are good are just average. Who knows.

Maybe its the water at VR. Maybe its the coaching, owner and everything in between. Whatever the reason, Dallas just seems to be the hot topic team people forget about in December. And it really looks like this year will be more of the same.

For that reason, I am no longer going to believe this team can do a damn thing until it is done. How could anyone? And what would it be based on? I don't think they will make the playoffs and if by some chance the other teams who are in competition for that spot screw up worse than dallas, I fully expect a 1st round bouncing.

If thats what you want to call quitting. Have at it.

I'll just stick with being realistic at this point.

[/rant]
I feel the same way especially the bold. but don't let Mansta54 see it cause than he'll come and tell you how you're not a fan.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Rampage;2475043 said:
I feel the same way especially the bold. but don't let Mansta54 see it cause than he'll come and tell you how you're not a fan.

:lmao2: Oh, thats real good... You got skillz...:lmao2:

cmacch

Reaction score
To say that I am heartbroken would be the understatement of the century. I am devastated. I am crushed.

However, I have been a Cowboys fan for my WHOLE. LIFE. I will never give up on them, ever. This is not to say that the thought doesn't cross my mind. It did last night, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. But when it does cross my mind and I try to fathom rooting for another team, I just can't do it. Not possible. The Cowboys are in my blood, and I am a fan, a true fan, FOREVER. When I die, if there is a Heaven...and I somehow make it there...I will still be watching and loving my 'Boys.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Regardless of the sport, being a real fan requires a lifelong commitment, 24/7, 365, but it goes well beyond that. In fact, there is a test which determines whether you are or ever were a real fan. It goes like this.

If you find yourself saying, typing or even thinking the phrase, "I'm not a fan of _______ because _______"...

...you were never a real fan to begin with. It's nothing wrong with admitting that. Be true to thine own self.

True story. 31 years ago, I swore that I would be a Philadelphia 76er fan forever. Fifteen years later, the phrase above crossed my mind. In that instant, I realized that I had been calling myself a true fan of the Sixers for a long time, but it had been a lie all along.

So, my advice to folks who say they are fans of a team or an individual sport such as golf (i.e. Tiger Woods fan), but realized deep down that thought could one day cross their minds, stop kidding yourself. Just admit that you're really only a spectator of __________ and when the wind decides to change direction, just go with it. Trust me. Real fans won't care at all.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
joseephuss;2474583 said:
There is a local radio guy who is a Cowboys fan. He is on the air talking about how he is quitting being a fan. I have read similar posts from people. Well, bye.

I hear talk about how this team is weak and has no soul and other similar criticisms. That may be true. Fans who quit being fans because the team lost and is enduring tough times are also weak. If they can't handle it or don't want to handle it, then it probably is best they find something else. Maybe something to follow other than sports. Perhaps the stock market.

There are always lean times for any franchise. Eventually there will be great times as well. I don't mind hearing or reading criticism of Dallas, but I can't stand quitters.

This franchise has certainly had lower moments than yesterday. They have also had worse QB play. Romo sucked yesterday, but he is better than Bledsoe who never game them a chance in the first place. That is just one example and I have read several great well thought out critiques of this team. And until they correct some things they will have a hard time getting into the playoffs much less actually doing well in the playoffs. And if they don't then we will all start the off season earlier than we want. I'll just never quit being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. I've been through the bad times and the good. I don't like the bad times, but there is no other team I would rather be a fan of in my life.
Adios to those "fans" LOL

There's nothing wrong w/ being upset about a loss, especially a loss like this one...that's part of being a fan.

Good grief look at the Lions fans that still turn out....8 years of crap and they're still there. I hate ot mention these idiots, but look at Red Sox fans...

I don't want a d*****bag like this cheer for *MY* Dallas Cowboys!

1-15 was horrible, 0-16 would be disgusting, but even that wouldn't be enough to keep me from staying loyal.