Fansided has us trading up for Fields

Rayman70

Reaction score
I posted the link just because articles like that is why its hard to put any cred into sports journalists these days. They just make stuff up...and see if it grows legs.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys 7-Round Mock Draft: Trading up for a Quarterback (sportdfw.com) and I HATE THE IDEA. He is inaccurate and has trouble making quick,correct reads. Its a down grade from Dak..He is of the Jalen Hurts ilk.
Remember that it's just some random dude named Reid Hanson doing a mock draft for Fansided.
Could be any of 100 people from this forum (well, maybe not Dak_Attack...lol) doing the same thing and having exactly the same zero validity.

I do give them credit for getting the draft-day trade values right.
It would take the 10th pick and either this year's 2nd rounder or next year's 1st (which is what they used) to move all the way up the 4th pick.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm guessing I can count on one hand how many times you've seen Fields play.
ok, its time for Debbie Downer. Take the blinders off and LOOK at what you see with fields. He is a good player, but he should be drafted about where Hurts was drafted. He is not better. The tape says so.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Remember that it's just some random dude named Reid Hanson doing a mock draft for Fansided.
Could be any of 100 people from this forum (well, maybe not Dak_Attack...lol) doing the same thing and having exactly the same zero validity.

I do give them credit for getting the draft-day trade values right.
It would take the 10th pick and either this year's 2nd rounder or next year's 1st (which is what they used) to move all the way up the 4th pick.
good point

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ugggh,not a fan of Fields at all.he reminds me Haskins a LOT.
^^smart^^ I never thought of that, but yep. The Bama game REALLY exposed him for all to see.Lets recall, he will see good teams each week at the pro level. I just see him being a up and down guy..all over the place like Haskins. Hurts may end up a better pro than Fields and he was drafted in round 2 if I am not mistaken. Fields looked like a pure system QB. TONS of athleticism though, but can he be consistent and make his progressions against good teams?I have my doubts. Trey Lance falls into that category too.

Creeper

Reaction score
On a serious note, I've seen fields play. Give him an OL and some good receivers and I think he can be effective. A lot like Dak. But I would not trade up to get him. It is going to be expensive to move up and I don't think Fields is so good we need to move up to get him. That would be a disappointment. Talking heads are linking Fields to Dak because they claim Fields and Dak are similar players. So it would be natural for Dallas to take Fields if they can't sign Dak.

But we have to see what happens with Dak. If they franchise him and can't get a deal done then I can see them getting a QB early. I don't have to agree with the move, it is Jerry's team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
MAC JONES AND THE BYU kid are the top 2 and 3 rated QB's only behind Lawrence. Then there is a huge drop off IMO. Trey Lance is like Jordan Love, a project. Fields just is so raw and has trouble processing plays/reads quickly. Heck of an arm and legs...great talent..but he needs to hone all that. My sleeper QB is Sam Ehlinger btw. He can be a nice career back up for a long time, maybe even start for someone later. WORTHY OF TAKING A FLIER ON.

Rayman70

Reaction score
On a serious note, I've seen fields play. Give him an OL and some good receivers and I think he can be effective. A lot like Dak. But I would not trade up to get him. It is going to be expensive to move up and I don't think Fields is so good we need to move up to get him. That would be a disappointment. Talking heads are linking Fields to Dak because they claim Fields and Dak are similar players. So it would be natural for Dallas to take Fields if they can't sign Dak.

But we have to see what happens with Dak. If they franchise him and can't get a deal done then I can see them getting a QB early. I don't have to agree with the move, it is Jerry's team.
If push come to shove and I HAVE TO MOVE UP for a QB and my 2 choices are Lance or Fields, Its Lance. Because both are projects but LANCES upside is much greater. He has so much left to learn and is a poormans Pat Mahomes. Just needs a couple years of seasoning and being around the pro game/coaches.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Can't be upset with someone thinking Dallas could take Fields, heck if ppl are ok taking a TE... what's wrong with putting a QB on the list since we going after luxury picks?

bodi

Reaction score
I like Davis Mills 2020 Highlights | Stanford QB 6'4"
my sleeper

bodi

Reaction score
sleeper QB is Sam Ehlinger - yea my 2 nd