Farniok Signs with Bears

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
is this the guy Nate was bragging on last year, that he was the only good backup?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I would hardly call being put on the practice squad signed to a team.... Can't you pull people off people's practice squads? So if we need him bad enough at the backup center we can just go get him and put him on our 53??
I don't think Farniok is coming back, man. We still don't know the whole story, but I'm nearly certain there is a story.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't think Farniok is coming back, man. We still don't know the whole story, but I'm nearly certain there is a story.
Don't say never if we need a center long term, if TB goes down we might bring back a familiar face..

erod

Reaction score
I would hardly call being put on the practice squad signed to a team.... Can't you pull people off people's practice squads? So if we need him bad enough at the backup center we can just go get him and put him on our 53??
He has to agree, and Chicago can prevent it my putting him in their 53. But yes, you can get players off of other practice squads. We've done it multiple times to KC.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
The likely story is that the Cowboys coaches saw enough, and preferred other prospects over Farniok. It doesn't have to be more than that. Regardless of what fans saw in the preseason games, the coaches saw Farniok play last year, and gave him chances all summer long. At the end, they thought there were other better prospects at both guard and center. It's not as if cutting a 7th round player in his second season is a tragedy.

Creeper

Reaction score

I have to agree with the assessment of his strengths and weaknesses but not the "freak athlete" moniker. 9.9 on the RAS is pretty impressive but in reality that measurement does not change the fact is is a backup at best.

When I watched Farniok play I saw two things. He is a very good run blocker and shows the meanness you want to see. He does not stop after blocking one guy. He often looked for a second guy to take on if he can. His run blocking abilities are more than adequate to play backup or even start at C or G.

His weakness is definitely pass blocking. He is slow to get up and get his hands on quicker DTs. Too often they get their hands on him first and when that happens the battle is over. Farniok will get showed around if he does not get his hands up and on the defender, He improved this as a C but I still see him get caught by the shoulder pads as a LG. This is his 3rd year. I don't know if this is something he can improve at this point which limits his development.

Still, nothing I saw from him in preseason says he is not better than Brock Hoffman, who is pretty awful himself.

I suspect Farniok said something to the Dallas coaches when he was informed he would be cut and re-signed to the practice squad. Something along the lines of "***** this, and ***** you!". He signed with Chicago's practice squad, but players often go there before getting promoted to the active roster, especially if the signing team needs to clear a roster spot first. We'll see what happens to Farniok going forward. I wish him good luck as I would any former Cowboys player.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Correct. The issue would be creating a spot on the 53 to make room to snatch Farniok back.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I have to agree with the assessment of his strengths and weaknesses but not the "freak athlete" moniker. 9.9 on the RAS is pretty impressive but in reality that measurement does not change the fact is is a backup at best.

When I watched Farniok play I saw two things. He is a very good run blocker and shows the meanness you want to see. He does not stop after blocking one guy. He often looked for a second guy to take on if he can. His run blocking abilities are more than adequate to play backup or even start at C or G.

His weakness is definitely pass blocking. He is slow to get up and get his hands on quicker DTs. Too often they get their hands on him first and when that happens the battle is over. Farniok will get showed around if he does not get his hands up and on the defender, He improved this as a C but I still see him get caught by the shoulder pads as a LG. This is his 3rd year. I don't know if this is something he can improve at this point which limits his development.

Still, nothing I saw from him in preseason says he is not better than Brock Hoffman, who is pretty awful himself.

I suspect Farniok said something to the Dallas coaches when he was informed he would be cut and re-signed to the practice squad. Something along the lines of "***** this, and ***** you!". He signed with Chicago's practice squad, but players often go there before getting promoted to the active roster, especially if the signing team needs to clear a roster spot first. We'll see what happens to Farniok going forward. I wish him good luck as I would any former Cowboys player.
nice reply. I agree with it and I also believe he was disappointed with going back to the PS and decided to go elsewhere to see if he has a better chance to start.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Cowboys are going to regret cutting Farniok like they regretted cutting NT John Ridgeway last year and C/OG Connor Williams at the end of the 2021 season. I swear, these fools in Dallas don't know how to judge players properly or who to keep or where to play them. Bunch of idiots. No wonder our trenches still struggle.

Creeper

Reaction score
Cowboys are going to regret cutting Farniok like they regretted cutting NT John Ridgeway last year and C/OG Connor Williams at the end of the 2021 season. I swear, these fools in Dallas don't know how to judge players properly or who to keep.
They will only regret it if Biadasz is hurt this year. Otherwise I am sure they can find someone better than Farniok in free agency or in the draft next year. We just have to pray Baidasz does not get hurt.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They will only regret it if Biadasz is hurt this year. Otherwise I am sure they can find someone better than Farniok in free agency or in the draft next year. We just have to pray Baidasz does not get hurt.
I seriously doubt it. They don't know what they are doing. Them Oline coaches they keep hiring and firing are clueless. That will continue to be our Achilles Heel and keep costing this team. Mark my words.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cowboys are going to regret cutting Farniok like they regretted cutting NT John Ridgeway last year and C/OG Connor Williams at the end of the 2021 season. I swear, these fools in Dallas don't know how to judge players properly or who to keep or where to play them. Bunch of idiots. No wonder our trenches still struggle.
I think Farniak still has valid growth that will be shown.