Farniok Signs with Bears

CCBoy

Reaction score
I seriously doubt it. They don't know what they are doing. Them Oline coaches they keep hiring and firing are clueless.
The present O-line coach has traveled far and seen a ton. He is a motivator and matches what McCarthy wants and how he wants it monitored. He has a lot of skins on the wall as well. Long career. Is Wade Phillips still a good defensive coordinator?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The present O-line coach has traveled far and seen a ton. He is a motivator and matches what McCarthy wants and how he wants it monitored. He has a lot of skins on the wall as well. Long career. Is Wade Phillips still a good defensive coordinator?
Look at Mike Solari's oline rankings the past 14 seasons. The highest ranking was 14. Not good.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Look at Mike Solari's oline rankings the past 14 seasons. The highest ranking was 14. Not good.
What were the teams? Who were his players? What were directions from the Head Coach? Did scheme affect play of the line?
How did he stick around for a ton of years?...by being foolish and ignorant? Has his teams ever been effective at winning? Now, here in Dallas, exactly what are his statistics that presented as knowing not just being a posible direction for comparison, not defining the present.

Does any of that apply now in an observation...or are we going to go right into the season griping and defaming instead of watching and learning how this plays out. The offense appears mighty potent to this fan, at least! I'll just watch and take notes from what really goes on, but be honest about that!

Thanks for adding to perspectives to compare from as a questioned analysis...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would hardly call being put on the practice squad signed to a team.... Can't you pull people off people's practice squads? So if we need him bad enough at the backup center we can just go get him and put him on our 53??
Yes. If we're ever in need a complete bum like Farniok he's still available.

ESisback

Reaction score
Cowboys are going to regret cutting Farniok like they regretted cutting NT John Ridgeway last year and C/OG Connor Williams at the end of the 2021 season. I swear, these fools in Dallas don't know how to judge players properly or who to keep or where to play them. Bunch of idiots. No wonder our trenches still struggle.
Yeah, internet speculators know so much more than highly compensated professionals immersed in it for a living…

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, internet speculators know so much more than highly compensated professionals immersed in it for a living…
Yeah, how has the Oline performed the past several years? I know exactly what I'm talking about concerning the Oline. Time has proven that to be true. If you want to kiss the ring, be my guest, but I won't sugar coat what I'm noticing.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I seriously doubt it. They don't know what they are doing. Them Oline coaches they keep hiring and firing are clueless. That will continue to be our Achilles Heel and keep costing this team. Mark my words.
I think the coaches know what they are doing, but the front office isn't buying. You know the OL is going to suffer this year unless the FO makes the moves to fill the spots. Seems like were always short somewhere. Last year it was DB's if I recall correctly. I remember LB's being a concern also.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think the coaches know what they are doing, but the front office isn't buying. You know the OL is going to suffer this year unless the FO makes the moves to fill the spots. Seems like were always short somewhere. Last year it was DB's if I recall correctly. I remember LB's being a concern also.
That is a reasonable discussion...the good linebacker and a good tight end were lost before the season started. Talent is there on the offensive line group, both at starter and backup. That group, less lost players for the year, will be growing much stronger in depth.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'll pass there. I'll just stick to lockup on failures on reality.

ESisback

Reaction score
Yeah, how has the Oline performed the past several years? I know exactly what I'm talking about concerning the Oline. Time has proven that to be true. If you want to kiss the ring, be my guest, but I won't sugar coat what I'm noticing.
So why just lip service? Help us out! Apply for the job! Fix this team!

The NFL is a hit and miss proposition. Some pop, some don’t—for all kinds of reasons. Players fail, go to another team and prosper. Our situation is not unique. Every team has hits and misses. Teams passed on Tom Brady-numerous times-and he went in the 6th round. Were the teams that passed incompetent fools?

We all worry about depth. Parcells: can’t have steak on every plate.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I don't/won't claim to know more than the coaches or the FO. It's just banter between posters. It's so hard to put together a completely solid team from front to back with salary caps, etc. Seems like teams are always short somewhere.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I don't think Farniok is coming back, man. We still don't know the whole story, but I'm nearly certain there is a story.

:laugh: He just got added to the last PS spot on the NFL's worst team. The story is he's a jag the Cowboys - desperate for OL help - didn't think enough of to even put on their PS.

erod

Reaction score
For the Bears, he probably is a freakish athlete.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't/won't claim to know more than the coaches or the FO. It's just banter between posters. It's so hard to put together a completely solid team from front to back with salary caps, etc. Seems like teams are always short somewhere.
Yep!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would hardly call being put on the practice squad signed to a team.... Can't you pull people off people's practice squads? So if we need him bad enough at the backup center we can just go get him and put him on our 53??
We may have tried to put him on ours and he didn't want to stay. I doubt we signed that cast-off from the Giants because we preferred him to Farniok.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I have to agree with the assessment of his strengths and weaknesses but not the "freak athlete" moniker. 9.9 on the RAS is pretty impressive but in reality that measurement does not change the fact is is a backup at best.

When I watched Farniok play I saw two things. He is a very good run blocker and shows the meanness you want to see. He does not stop after blocking one guy. He often looked for a second guy to take on if he can. His run blocking abilities are more than adequate to play backup or even start at C or G.

His weakness is definitely pass blocking. He is slow to get up and get his hands on quicker DTs. Too often they get their hands on him first and when that happens the battle is over. Farniok will get showed around if he does not get his hands up and on the defender, He improved this as a C but I still see him get caught by the shoulder pads as a LG. This is his 3rd year. I don't know if this is something he can improve at this point which limits his development.

Still, nothing I saw from him in preseason says he is not better than Brock Hoffman, who is pretty awful himself.

I suspect Farniok said something to the Dallas coaches when he was informed he would be cut and re-signed to the practice squad. Something along the lines of "***** this, and ***** you!". He signed with Chicago's practice squad, but players often go there before getting promoted to the active roster, especially if the signing team needs to clear a roster spot first. We'll see what happens to Farniok going forward. I wish him good luck as I would any former Cowboys player.

Plus, I suspect the Bears will likely be running it a lot.