Farniok Signs with Bears

Iago33

Reaction score
I have to agree with the assessment of his strengths and weaknesses but not the "freak athlete" moniker. 9.9 on the RAS is pretty impressive but in reality that measurement does not change the fact is is a backup at best.

When I watched Farniok play I saw two things. He is a very good run blocker and shows the meanness you want to see. He does not stop after blocking one guy. He often looked for a second guy to take on if he can. His run blocking abilities are more than adequate to play backup or even start at C or G.

His weakness is definitely pass blocking. He is slow to get up and get his hands on quicker DTs. Too often they get their hands on him first and when that happens the battle is over. Farniok will get showed around if he does not get his hands up and on the defender, He improved this as a C but I still see him get caught by the shoulder pads as a LG. This is his 3rd year. I don't know if this is something he can improve at this point which limits his development.

Still, nothing I saw from him in preseason says he is not better than Brock Hoffman, who is pretty awful himself.

I suspect Farniok said something to the Dallas coaches when he was informed he would be cut and re-signed to the practice squad. Something along the lines of "***** this, and ***** you!". He signed with Chicago's practice squad, but players often go there before getting promoted to the active roster, especially if the signing team needs to clear a roster spot first. We'll see what happens to Farniok going forward. I wish him good luck as I would any former Cowboys player.
Sometimes a coaching change just doesn’t work for a player. I suspect that as much as a blow up.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
not sure why everybody is saying jason peters. did he ever get into shape last year? do we need him to just coach up the line again? smh

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's their opinion and the Bears video.

Remember, "be better"
Farniok just sucks, thats the bottom line. All the people that were dead wrong about him lamenting that their hero may return. LOL

I have to say it really cracks me up. One guy in particular was telling me that Farniok would be beating out Biadasz the last few years. Some people can see talent and some people cant I guess.

Meanwhile Biadasz is playing in the pro bowl. Hilarious stuff.

Be better? Your the same hater that runs around the board everyday telling us all how much Dak sucks? LOL

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Farniok just sucks, thats the bottom line. All the people that were dead wrong about him lamenting that their hero may return. LOL

I have to say it really cracks me up. One guy in particular was telling me that Farniok would be beating out Biadasz the last few years. Some people can see talent and some people cant I guess.

Meanwhile Biadasz is playing in the pro bowl. Hilarious stuff.

Be better? Your the same hater that runs around the board everyday telling us all how much Dak sucks? LOL
:)

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I think the coaches know what they are doing, but the front office isn't buying. You know the OL is going to suffer this year unless the FO makes the moves to fill the spots. Seems like were always short somewhere. Last year it was DB's if I recall correctly. I remember LB's being a concern also.
WR? was the clear weak spot last year.. If your depending on Noah Brown for anything its a bad room....

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If Farniok is with the Bears now, here's wishing him good luck. Obviously, he wasn't in our plans, since we didn't retain him.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
The likely story is that the Cowboys coaches saw enough, and preferred other prospects over Farniok. It doesn't have to be more than that. Regardless of what fans saw in the preseason games, the coaches saw Farniok play last year, and gave him chances all summer long. At the end, they thought there were other better prospects at both guard and center. It's not as if cutting a 7th round player in his second season is a tragedy.
It's not a tragedy but still he was expected to play an important backup role on the interior. I think part of it was the expectations were very high at the beginning of training camp and then it just fell apart.