Twitter: Fassel On Attempted Punt Block

stiletto

Reaction score
Nolan didn’t…

Jerry was on the radio and didn't seem to like what Fassel was doing. I am not sure how "McCarthy's" guys think they have so much leeway at this point. I think he deserves to be fired NOW. His units have been a mess.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is inexcusable to you. You call it a blunder? I don't think it was. If you call agreeing with the call as making excuses then I disagree just a difference of views. I know people want to think there is only 1 right way and any other view is just wrong that again is untrue nor is it an excuse. . I'm not making excuse and yes I expect Dallas will go after punts in the future.

That’s fine. I’m not looking to start an argument. But I’m comfortable standing with the vast majority that knows that it was a terrible decision.

But others are entitled to their opinion.

Reactions: BAT

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry was on the radio and didn't seem to like what Fassel was doing. I am not sure how "McCarthy's" guys think they have so much leeway at this point. I think he deserves to be fired NOW. His units have been a mess.

I think one of two things will happen:
  1. His reckless calls are reigned in
  2. He’s fired. During this season or after special teams cost us THIS SEASON.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That’s fine. I’m not looking to start an argument. But I’m comfortable standing with the vast majority that knows that it was a terrible decision.

But others are entitled to their opinion.

Not trying to cause argument, I make no excuse because my opinion differs. As for majority of opinion again not much in to consensus in making up my own mind. We all good. lol

Mannix

Reaction score
I’m not making excuse for bad calls or giving them a pass.

There are times when a play like that might make sense, that wasn’t it. Fassel coaches special teams like he’s bored. He takes reckless risks that seldom payoff in a vain effort to create excitement. It’s certainly not smart nor sound football.

And where does his special teams unit rank again?

The Phil Mickelson of NFL Assistant Coaches

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Hold on Einstein - there were 3 normal possibilities: a block, a penalty, or no block with no penalty. Most of the time it’s no block with no penalty. So why try at all if you’re not going to be successful blocking it ? And it wasn’t a desperate situation. Now the other two possibilities were a block or penalty. Penalties happen far more often than blocks. So the situation didn’t require a desperate blocking attempt yet Coach Numbnuts calls the blocking attempt when the highest probability outcomes were no block or a penalty. That was beyond stupid coaching when your offense is about to get the ball back to close out the half. It was so stupid even he wouldn’t defend the call, he just blamed it on someone else - the fans.

Nice post. If this team had some good coaching the sky would be the limit. Unfortunately for Dallas Cowboy fans. Our coaches stupidity limit goes beyond the galaxy:facepalm:

Last edited: