Fastest player on our active roster (in pads)?

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Paniolo22;2315404 said:
Wow! 22 posts in and name calling. Even though I don't think TO is very quick, I'll go and support the unpopular guy with 20,000 posts just for the sake of it.

and I'll take the 3 in this order. Newman, Scandrick (4.32), and TO over 100 yards.

The guy deserves to be called a lot worse than just an "idiot." The ignorance and stupidity of his post can not be overstated.

Owens is quite possibly the fastest player in NFL history, with evidence in both links I provided; he ran a faster time over 100 yards than Joey Galloway did in his prime, setting the 30+ year competition record, yet somehow Terrence Newman, with his hamstring and foot injuries galore, is gonna SMOKE him? Newman got walked down by Lee Evans like it was nothing last year. He doesn't run the way he used to. Owens doesn't run nearly as fast as he did back in 2001-2003 either (contrary to what the "he seems to be getting faster!" people say), but he hasn't lost nearly as much as Newman.

I also love "Owens is the classic big receiver." What exactly does that mean? He isn't anything like the classic big receiver. He's one of the least physical big receivers I've ever seen, to be perfectly honest. If it weren't for his speed and overall athletic ability he wouldn't be in the NFL.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
dre1614;2315298 said:
Who do you think is the fastest on our team in pads.........

Here are the choices........

Felix Jones
Terrell Owens
Miles Austin
Terence Newman
Adam Jones
Orlando Scandrick

It is hard to tell how fast a guy is in pads because they rarely get the opportunity to run in a straight line for more than a few yards at a time in a game unless it is a major breakaway run or something.

But just from what I have been able to observe in the games this season I would rank them:

1. Adam Jones
2. Felix Jones
3. Terrell Owens
4. Miles Austin
5. Terence Newman
6. Orlando Scandrick

I believe that Owens is faster than that but I haven't seen it that much this season. Adam and Felix Jones have both shown excellent speed on a number of occasions so I rank them at the top.

I know Scandrick was timed very fast but that was in shorts and frankly he has yet to impress me on the field, particularly on returns.

Reggie Bush is freakin FAST! Dude was VERY impressive last night but I think Felix is pretty close. It is his burst that is most impressive rather than his flat out speed.

I'd like to see more big plays by Adam Jones and he REALLY needs to work on catching the ball. Watching Reggie bust long on nearly every punt return last night just showed how far Adam has to go still in that area.

Of course this is all opinion based on not much actual evidence so if you disagree you are probably right. :D

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Paniolo22;2315404 said:
Wow! 22 posts in and name calling. Even though I don't think TO is very quick, I'll go and support the unpopular guy with 20,000 posts just for the sake of it.

and I'll take the 3 in this order. Newman, Scandrick (4.32), and TO over 100 yards.

Don't feed the trolls, it has been taken care of.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
When Owens is able to hit full stride, it's hard to imagine anyone being faster.

Everson24

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2315302 said:
Is Scandrick that fast?

Scandrick is extremely fast. His speed in pads and the ease in which he runs just jumps out at you when you watch him. If he can learn all the nuances of the CB position he could be special.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
the kid 05;2315325 said:
Owens not only caught up to but passed Felix Jones on one of his td runs (i think game 2)
Jones also was carrying the ball. That makes a difference in how you run.

kevwun

Reaction score
I'm not betting on anyone on this team out running TO on a football field.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
:popcorn: ................ i am going to see if i can find it, but i remember seeing Pacman running toe to toe w/ Hester.

mine would be:

Pacman
Newman
T.O.
Felix
Scandrick
Austin
Jenkins

T.O. really looks it though I just don't feel he is faster.:)

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
I would say it's close between Andre Gurode, Kyle Kosier, and Willie Blade

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dre1614;2315298 said:
Who do you think is the fastest on our team in pads.........

Here are the choices........

Felix Jones
Terrell Owens
Miles Austin
Terence Newman
Adam Jones
Orlando Scandrick

Ill rank them like this

1) Orlando Scandrick
2) Terence Newman
3) Terrell Owens
4) Felix Jones
5) Adam Jones
6) Miles Austin

thoughts? This is just for fun, not to be taken seriously or anything like that.

Are you talking "SPEED" or "QUICKNESS"?

If you're talkikng straight line speed, no way in hell is Felix faster than Austin or Jones. Austin would probably be 2nd or 3rd. Felix would be last on that list.

Reaction score
Rack;2316067 said:

If you're talkikng straight line speed, no way in hell is Felix faster than Austin or Jones. Austin would probably be 2nd or 3rd. Felix would be last on that list.

Agreed... People give Felix too much credit for being faster than he is quick..

He is a 4.4 guy with great acceleration. Wouldnt be close in a race. He would get smoked.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
i don't care about 40 times. have you seen TO on the field? no contest, TO is the fastest in pads.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2315540 said:
The guy deserves to be called a lot worse than just an "idiot." The ignorance and stupidity of his post can not be overstated.

Owens is quite possibly the fastest player in NFL history, with evidence in both links I provided; he ran a faster time over 100 yards than Joey Galloway did in his prime, setting the 30+ year competition record, yet somehow Terrence Newman, with his hamstring and foot injuries galore, is gonna SMOKE him? Newman got walked down by Lee Evans like it was nothing last year. He doesn't run the way he used to. Owens doesn't run nearly as fast as he did back in 2001-2003 either (contrary to what the "he seems to be getting faster!" people say), but he hasn't lost nearly as much as Newman.

I also love "Owens is the classic big receiver." What exactly does that mean? He isn't anything like the classic big receiver. He's one of the least physical big receivers I've ever seen, to be perfectly honest. If it weren't for his speed and overall athletic ability he wouldn't be in the NFL.

Lee Evans runs about the same 40 time as newman and newman was hurt still with his planta fliasics thing at the time...

khiladi

Reaction score
Rack;2316067 said:

I was going to say something similar. Felix doesn't have that break-away speed, but that guy makes some quick, explosive cuts. That run where he busted out to the left, and went around 15 last week. He had this shift to the left I was like, wow...