Fastest players in the nfl

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2324269 said:
You do realize that combine times aren't electronic, they're hand timed. Ask Adam.

The "electronic" times at the combine are using a hand start and an electronic finish. The timer starts the clock when he sees the player's first movement, and the clock stops electronically when he reaches the finish line. So the times have a margin of error because of the timer's reaction time.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
mmohican29;2322890 said:
DaBoys:

I listed 5 very fast players that come to mind, every one of which appeared on someone else's list too without the benefit of their combine numbers :rolleyes: . I didn't list Chris Johnson and I got "what a joke"....

I'm sorry- if you and Chris Johnson had a moment at some point, then I feel bad for slighting your fleet footed RB. So when he stares at you through the dark blue of his Titans facemask on DirectV tell him I'm sorry for disgracing him with the likes of DeSean Jackson and Devin Hester in a conversation as to who are some fast football players.:eek::

Stand by your man, DaBoys4Life.

he ran the fastest 40 at combine with the electronic timer Fact. You listed people who didn't even run as fast as him and who were out ran by others at the combine therefore your list is a joke has nothing to do with me pimping him.

headhunterroy05;2324127 said:
He is always on Chris Johnson jock and downplays every thing Felix does all because we didn't draft his boy.

Not even so go some where.

DatNguyen59

Reaction score
when you watch some of Hester's returns you can see that he isnt really that fast. you can see defenders catch up to him.

mmohican29

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2324581 said:
he ran the fastest 40 at combine with the electronic timer Fact. You listed people who didn't even run as fast as him and who were out ran by others at the combine therefore your list is a joke has nothing to do with me pimping him.

Not even so go some where.

LOL who the blank do you think you are? Ok Mel Kiper's *** wiper- whatever you say. I still don't see one shred of evidence that Devin Hester can be caught from behind. And what does a Chris Johnson used jockstrap go for on ebay? I bet you can give me those numbers too. ;)

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
mmohican29;2325026 said:
LOL who the blank do you think you are? Ok Mel Kiper's *** wiper- whatever you say. I still don't see one shred of evidence that Devin Hester can be caught from behind. And what does a Chris Johnson used jockstrap go for on ebay? I bet you can give me those numbers too. ;)

Just look at the fastest 40 times in the past 10 years and see who has the fastest time and them come back and cry.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2320448 said:
You guys do realize that Chris Johnson ran the fastest electronic 40 time in combine history.....

That would be more impressive if more top guys were electronically timed at the combine. And if the combine hadn't recently went to as fast as possible of a track to insure more guys would run there.

Randy Moss and Deion Sanders ran 4.1's in pro days then didn't run at the Combine.

Darrell Green was almost certainly faster than any of these guys.

All these threads are elusive at best because there is no real answer.

Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 40 and Emmitt ran as low as a 4.8 Both ran all the way to the Hall of Fame and ironically rank where they do on the total touchdowns scored list. The key for both guys was pads did not slow them down and they ran under control at top speed so there top speed was actual football speed.

Alexander Wright had blazing 40 speed. He was timed in the 4.1 range but alas couldn't actually play WR. Put pads on him and ask him to carry a football and he probably wouldn't outrun Jerry Rice.

That said, Bo Jackson has the best verifiable time at a combine with his 4.12-second clocking at the Louisiana Superdome in 1986.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell;2325079 said:
That would be more impressive if more top guys were electronically timed at the combine. And if the combine hadn't recently went to as fast as possible of a track to insure more guys would run there.

Randy Moss and Deion Sanders ran 4.1's in pro days then didn't run at the Combine.

Darrell Green was almost certainly faster than any of these guys.

All these threads are elusive at best because there is no real answer.

Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 40 and Emmitt ran as low as a 4.8 Both ran all the way to the Hall of Fame and ironically rank where they do on the total touchdowns scored list. The key for both guys was pads did not slow them down and they ran under control at top speed so there top speed was actual football speed.

Alexander Wright had blazing 40 speed. He was timed in the 4.1 range but alas couldn't actually play WR. Put pads on him and ask him to carry a football and he probably wouldn't outrun Jerry Rice.

That said, Bo Jackson has the best verifiable time at a combine with his 4.12-second clocking at the Louisiana Superdome in 1986.

This is true. Darryl Green was a freak IMO.