Fate of Davis - Board Says?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
OK, edited my post to make it a poll.

My vote, not intelligent enough. Cut him loose.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
We should keep Davis because we need a FS regardless.

We should keep Davis because the shooting was random.

We should cut Davis because he lied and probably has something to hide.

We should cut Davis because he's not smart enough to stay out of the way of bullets.

For me I think he should be cut, he was warned the 1st time and here we are again.

yesfan

Reaction score
I'd like to know who were the other players he said was there.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Apparently it was an NFL players party, so I'm sure there were many players there from the Cowboys and other teams.

I still wonder how he got a bullet lodged in his thigh if he was being shot at from behind in a moving vehicle. Something tells me, when all is said and done, that he got in a scuffle and got shot in the thigh, then made a run for it and got chased and shot up in his car.

I say he gets released now, before the rest of the story is told and it becomes a distraction for the team.

superpunk

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I'd actually like to know what went down, before coming to an uninformed, knee-jerk decision.

But I just get crazy like that sometimes.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Call me crazy, but I'd actually like to know what went down, before coming to an uninformed, knee-jerk decision.

But I just get crazy like that sometimes.

Maybe I can help here.

He went to an NFL party, he got himself shot (again) three days before the start of training camp.

:D

superpunk

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Maybe I can help here.

He went to an NFL party, he got himself shot (again) three days before the start of training camp.

:D

Oh.

In THAT case.

I think he should be castrated.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
His problems have problems.

Not only did he get shot, but it seems likely that he lied to the Cowboys about how it happened. (if he lied to police, seems like he'd have lied to the team too).

But I'd be in favor of keeping him on the team - at least through training camp - to give the team a chance to figure out the quality of Davis' replacements and to evaluate what cutting Davis means to the FS and Special Teams positions.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
This news really doesn't matter now, why?, because Keith Davis was the victum, something which a whole lot of people like the investigators, police, and the fans seem to forget, and it's the off-season he living his life.

You know the only reason he lied because he knew the investigators was going to judge the situation with him as the initiator of the crime.

Come on people put yourself in his situation, in his shoes.
On one scenario::

1 You are Keith Davis, you go to one of your friends party, you having a conversation with someone, a conflict breaks out because of what you said, and things get out of hand.

You leave the party to go home and that person a the party follows you and shoot you.

Come on now people just do you realize after the police get a hold of that story and it get's released into media, what some people is going to be thinking?

What they're thinking now. He's a trouble maker that can't stay out of trouble.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
This news really doesn't matter now, why?, because Keith Davis was the victum, something which a whole lot of people like the investigators, police, and the fans seem to forget, and it's the off-season he living his life.

You know the only reason he lied because he knew the investigators was going to judge the situation with him as the initiator of the crime.

1 You are Keith Davis, you go to one of your friends party, you having a conversation with someone, a conflict breaks out because of what you said, and things get out of hand.

You leave the party to go home and that person a the party follows you and shoot you.

Come on now people just do you realize after the police get a hold of that story and it get's released into media, what some people is going to be thinking?

Or.......

I'm a young man with an opportunity to make the Dallas Cowboys football team, as the starting FS. I have a chance to make a Football team that could potentially be talented enought to win a championship. I could potentially play my way into a contract that could take care of my family for the rest of our lives. I have already gotten a second chance at life in the NFL (or, just at life itself depending on how you look at it). Camp starts in less then a week and I have to be ready. Do I let an altercation get to the point where I might get shot again or do I play it smart and just do what I know is the smart thing and avoid the situation and the whole getting shot thing.

Come on man.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

I think he lied to save his sorry ars. I'm not going look at these guys as some child they are suppose to be grown men getttng paid damn good money to play a game and if you can't keep yourself out of these type of situations then I don't want you. simple as that.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Or.......

I'm a young man with an opportunity to make the Dallas Cowboys football team, as the starting FS. I have a chance to make a Football team that could potentially be talented enought to win a championship. I could potentially play my way into a contract that could take care of my family for the rest of our lives. I have already gotten a second chance at life in the NFL (or, just at life itself depending on how you look at it). Camp starts in less then a week and I have to be ready. Do I let an altercation get to the point where I might get shot again or do I play it smart and just do what I know is the smart thing and avoid the situation and the whole getting shot thing.

Come on man.

Right on! Very well said...

Package him and Ellis and ship them both outta here for a Bronco Cheerleader! :mad:

:star:

yesfan

Reaction score
I would be more worried about what Bill Parcells is
thinking,and of course,how fortunate i am to make
it in the NFL,and to heed the advice of my employers.
I guess he mingles with the wrong crowd.

cleverusername

Reaction score
I wonder if we could pawn him off on another team? New Orleans? Maybe for a pick? I was really pulling for the guy... even after he got shot, but lying to the police. He had to have been up to no good and If he lied to the team or Parcells , he's a goner. We know the Saints wanted him earlier in the year and they're o.k. with his contract. Maybe we could even through in Ellis and make this a package deal. :)