Favorite Clips

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Folks may wonder why I picked this particular scene out of many great and better Buffy moments. It is for two reasons. First, the death of Buffy's mother always reminds me of when my father passed unexpected around the time the episode aired. It is still very powerful for me.

The second reason is that I was a huge Anyanka fan. She was not one of the original Scooby gang but I loved the character like she was. This was one of Emma Caufield's best scenes in my opinion.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Folks may wonder why I picked this particular scene out of many great and better Buffy moments. It is for two reasons. First, the death of Buffy's mother always reminds me of when my father passed unexpected around the time the episode aired. It is still very powerful for me.

The second reason is that I was a huge Anyanka fan. She was not one of the original Scooby gang but I loved the character like she was. This was one of Emma Caufield's best scenes in my opinion.

Agreed. I loved her character.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Darn, having trouble posting a video clip. Nonetheless, I offer the following:

John Wayne's expression in "Big Jake" when someone says, "... We thought you were dead".

And,

Thor's "Immigrant" song entrance in "Ragnarok"

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A personal opinion concerning one of my favorite clips. It is something I have occasionally griped about over the years here. :muttley:

I was in my early twenties when I first watched Aliens. Even though I knew I was young, I thought I was an avid enough movie lover at the time. In my head (lol), I 'knew' what most movie critics would agree is the best acting.

Of course, I was totally wrong. :laugh:

Without a doubt, the Academy considered Sigourney Weaver's performance as one of the best that year. It nominated Weaver along with Marlee Matlin (Children of a Lesser God), Sissy Spacek (Crimes of the Heart), Kathleen Turner (Peggy Sue Got Married), and Jane Fonda (The Morning After) as Best Actress. The nomination was a personal vindication in my eyes that critics of the movie, who said science fiction should not be taken as seriously as drama, etc., blah blah blah), had sticks up the anus.

I saw the other actresses' performances. They were deserving of their nominations without a doubt. Even so, I thought Weaver had a really good opportunity the very moment I saw the scene I posted in the thread. That particular scene was shown at the awards BEFORE they announced the winner. How could Weaver lose?

Matlin won. :(

That crap still hurts my soul. :mad::p

How many of us have re-watched (or watched once) Lesser God, Crimes, Peggy Sue or Morning After? Me? One time each. Aliens? I have lost count. What is one of the main reasons why I love re-watching Aliens?

Answer: Sigourney Weaver.

People can disagree with me. Weaver was robbed. :oldcouple: