Favorite Covers

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Within Temptation is one of my favorite bands. Sharon Den Adel is an amazing singer.
I have been a WT fan for a long time. That cover really caught me off guard as it wasn't their normal style of music, but I still liked it.

Hardline

Reaction score
I have been a WT fan for a long time. That cover really caught me off guard as it wasn't their normal style of music, but I still liked it.
Do you listen to other symphonic metal bands like Nightwish, Epica or Draconian?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you listen to other symphonic metal bands like Nightwish, Epica or Draconian?
I actually put that in there, but removed it. Nightwish is my favorite band and has been for a very long time now. Tuomas is an amazing composer and I love the songs that feature Marco. The fact that they have not only survived but continued to thrive through multiple lead singer changes just proves how solid their music is.

I actually like Floor Jansen better than Tarja and Anette mainly because I think she has enough range to cover both styles where the other two were better at one. I have a couple of Epica albums, and they are really good, but for my tastes, it's Nightwish, Within Temptation and then everyone else.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

with it slowed down, it means so much more to me. i get the "anger" from punk, i just don't relate. to something like this i relate. i don't believe the song is really about military loss per se but dexters girlfriend who died in a car crash. he won't talk about it so i quit looking and after seeing that speculation.

in any event, it's about loss and having to deal with it. amazing cover.

slotshot

Reaction score
I have get a lot of enjoyment out of cover songs...good topic. As such, I have several that I really like, including:

Wicked Game - Theory of a Deadman, Stone Sour
Mad World - Gary Jules , Sara Hickman
Stairway to Heaven - Heart
Gold Dust Woman - Halestorm
House of the Rising Sun - Five Finger Death Punch
Tiny Dancer - Tim McGraw
Bad Company - Five Finger Death Punch
Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing - Amy Lee
Going to California - Amy Lee
The Sound of Silence - Disturbed
Radioactive - Within Temptation
Enjoy the Silence - Lacuna Coil
Turn the Page - Metallica
Black Hole Sun - Haley Reinhart
Seven Nation Army - Haley Reinhart
Creep - Haley Reinhart
Fell on Black Days - Halestorm
Hell is for Children - Haletorm
Gimme Shelter - Stone Sour
Everybody Knows - Sigrid
Wish You Were Here - Avenged Sevenfold
Simple Man - Shinedown

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd ALMOST want to see "Mama Mia 2" to hear Cher sing "Fernando"...

From about '74-'78 ABBA was unbelievably hot everywhere.

And Cher's voice is still terrific.

cowboyec

Reaction score
for valentines day

Elvis' beautiful cover of Something....a classic recording from one of Elvis' LIVE shows in Vegas...August 1970.
also featured in the classic concert Aloha from Hawaii-via satellite...Jan.,1973....another besutiful rendering.