Favorite Cowboys Game You Ever Attended?

rcaldw

Reaction score
Hey with a big Giants game coming up, though it might be cool to see what kind of experience we have around the forum.

What is the biggest/most important or favorite Cowboys game you ever attended in person?

Mine was the 1977 NFC Championship game, Cowboys over the Vikings. We still have some home movie footage of that game. Sat in the upper corner of the endzone where Golden Richards made his TD catch falling down backwards.

You?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Ironically I am making a video that is almost done of my favorite plays and games at the stadium, and the worst moments since I started attending the games.

I will have it up by saturday or monday.

So I wont share here!!!!

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Any game I was able to attend is my favorite!Its that much fun for me,just being there.:starspin

jcollins28

Reaction score
Mine would have to be a Monday night Packers game at Texas Stadium. I could not believe how well the Pack fans traveled and the crowd had the atmosphere of a college game. Very fun and upbeat crowd. This was the game that no one scored a TD and I think it was Boniol that set the record for FG in a game.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean games at Texas Stadium, I assume. Unfortunately I never made it there. I've seen them on the road several times, though. My favorite: 12/09/07 at the Lions. Witten was the man - 15 or 16 catches, including the come-from-behind game winner after fumbling at the goal line earlier. That was special. It has been sort of downhill ever since that game, though.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Best game I attended was unfortunately a loss. Cowboys-Broncos Thanksgiving 2005, I think.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jcollins28;2478973 said:
Mine would have to be a Monday night Packers game at Texas Stadium. I could not believe how well the Pack fans traveled and the crowd had the atmosphere of a college game. Very fun and upbeat crowd. This was the game that no one scored a TD and I think it was Boniol that set the record for FG in a game.

It's interesting how Packers and Steelers fans seem to travel in packs, while Cowboys fans just seem to live in every city. Either way the fan representaion is pretty high at the visiting stadium and hotels. Madden says the Cowboys lead the league in hotel lobbies. He should know.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I have only been to one game. The 98 season opener vs the Cards. It was Gailey's first game as HC. We won. :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
1976 SB vs Pitt at the Orange Bowl. Hated we lost but it was a heck of a SB.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i think it was 07 when we faced the bears at Soldier Field WooT! it was fun to give my co-workers a ball busting and having every one stare at me on the way to trains was amazing :D

starman22

Reaction score
Been a Boys fan since 1974, and the only game I made it to was the last time we travelled to Pittsburgh. Barry Switzers 1st game as Head Coach. The tripletts were in very good form and the defense played great. The only things that kept us from the Super Bowl that year was a horrible beginning to the Championship game vs. the 49ers and the no call on Deion toward the end of the game.

Unfortunately I did not get to go to the game this past Sunday. I guess I must be a good luck charm for the Boys in Pittsburgh. lol

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
starman22;2479024 said:
Been a Boys fan since 1974, and the only game I made it to was the last time we travelled to Pittsburgh. Barry Switzers 1st game as Head Coach. The tripletts were in very good form and the defense played great. The only things that kept us from the Super Bowl that year was a horrible beginning to the Championship game vs. the 49ers and the no call on Deion toward the end of the game.

Unfortunately I did not get to go to the game this past Sunday. I guess I must be a good luck charm for the Boys in Pittsburgh. lol

The irony is that if the officials had called the pass interference on Deion, we surely would've won that game and then beat San Diego in the Super Bowl. As a result, I doubt Jerry ever would've made Deion Sanders a Cowboy.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Favorite = 1992 at Detroit. We won 37-3 in Week 10, and I had no doubt we were on our way to winning the Super Bowl that season (our first of the '90s).

Best game = 2004 at Seattle. We won 43-39 in a Monday night thriller after coming back from double-digit deficits in each half (and blowing one in the second half).

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Philly. This year. It was a rollercoaster ride. I couldn't talk clearly for a week.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Best game for me was my first and also unfortunately a devastating loss.

Cowboys vs. Cardinals 2008 :(

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
well, it would have to be the game against the Skins in 1987, give or take a year.

I remember Theisman had a bad night and then the whole stadium (well, maybe not the concessionaires and parking attendants) sang "Happy Birthday to You" to ol' Joe. Brought tears to me eyes, laddies.