Favorite franchise pizza

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Football is right around the corner and that means gameday pizza. Who's on your speed dial?

When I was 15, I used to work at a pizzaria before there ever was a franchise pizza company. I mean real hand made pizzas. I still can see the scar on my right arm from burns I received from the pizza oven.

I have to say Costco pizza is my first choice. I heard the dough comes from NY!
None of them are any good.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
44201804101122352.jpg

Johnny's Pizza is a small chain restaurant based primarily in Northern Louisiana, Northeastern Texas, Southern Arkansas and western Mississippi--so do not be surprised if you have not heard of it. :p

bb721

Reaction score
When it comes to chain pizza I go for the Pizza Hut Thin & Crispy Meat Lovers pie.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Chain pizza is pretty much all trash but I do get some from those places on occasion. The only chain that I really liked was Godfathers, wish they were still around :thumbdown:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I think when it comes to pizza pictures probably do more justice. For me a very good/great pizza is something like this. I would take the green off, maybe add little bit of fresh garlic, or just keep it plain.
pizzamargheritatop.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
None of them are any good.
In the mouth of the beholder. Pizza is such a simple thing that I really don't think I've ever had a really bad one.

It's one of those things that you get yourself set up for and nothing will do but a pizza. And we all don't like the same kinds of pizzas. Some don't care about the crust, it's the sauce and for some, it's the toppings. You get enough stuff on one you can unpizza it.

Pizza is as subjective as burgers, cue, Asian, Mexican, chicken or comfort food. And I have also found that some restaurants within a chain are a lot better than others. The Pizza Hut where I live now is a 0, I would give up pizza if that's all there was.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think when it comes to pizza pictures probably do more justice. For me a very good/great pizza is something like this. I would take the green off, maybe add little bit of fresh garlic, or just keep it plain.
pizzamargheritatop.jpg
A simple cheese pizza can be a piece of art for the mouth. And I'll take your crispy basil. In fact, I want more than that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
In the mouth of the beholder. Pizza is such a simple thing that I really don't think I've ever had a really bad one.

It's one of those things that you get yourself set up for and nothing will do but a pizza. And we all don't like the same kinds of pizzas. Some don't care about the crust, it's the sauce and for some, it's the toppings. You get enough stuff on one you can unpizza it.

Pizza is as subjective as burgers, cue, Asian, Mexican, chicken or comfort food. And I have also found that some restaurants within a chain are a lot better than others. The Pizza Hut where I live now is a 0, I would give up pizza if that's all there was.
Once you’ve had a good from scratch pizza you’ll have a different outlook. The franchises use the same ingredients. Processed sauce, processed toppings, processed cheeses. Pizzas made from scratch from hole in the wall places are 100 times better.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once you’ve had a good from scratch pizza you’ll have a different outlook. The franchises use the same ingredients. Processed sauce, processed toppings, processed cheeses. Pizzas made from scratch from hole in the wall places are 100 times better.
Not arguing that at all, I agree. But these chains do not have what I would call bad pizza. And a lot of it depends on what else is available to you.

You can go to Dickey's BBQ and it's decent but then you go to Franklin's or Mueller's in Austin and understand the difference in art in food.

The other part of that is the price point. Little Caesar's sells a pie for $6, PH and Domino's for 6.99, the really good pizza joints get 3 to 4x that for their pie and I've had pie form all of them and prefer the more expensive but where I live, that's not an option.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not arguing that at all, I agree. But these chains do not have what I would call bad pizza. And a lot of it depends on what else is available to you.

You can go to Dickey's BBQ and it's decent but then you go to Franklin's or Mueller's in Austin and understand the difference in art in food.

The other part of that is the price point. Little Caesar's sells a pie for $6, PH and Domino's for 6.99, the really good pizza joints get 3 to 4x that for their pie and I've had pie form all of them and prefer the more expensive but where I live, that's not an option.
The place I go to in Rockport is called Panjos Pizza. They’re about $10 for a 12” pizza. Far better than any chain. Sure you can get a cheaper pizza elsewhere but it’s like going to Harbor Freight for tools. You get what you pay for and if that’s okay with you then go for it and enjoy.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Best Pizza I've ever had came from Antico Pizza in Atlanta. Truly authentic Italian style.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I grew up in Northern Jersey....There's no chain pizza worth any kind of loyalty. Since I've lived in CT, there's only one place I know of to get really good pizza; the kind you eat until you're stuffed, then keep eating, because it's that good. Even the crust is too good to not eat...all chewy and just a little hint of salt. Throw some jalapenos, pepperoni, and sausage on that pizza, there isn't much that compares to it.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
By franchise I'm hip to the view as to it being multi-state/ nationwide, therefore, ,,er,,, I guess it would be "little ceasers" only cuz' I've bought those "hot-n-ready" cardboard box tasting pies in the past,as I'd recently made the mistake of ordering a "delivery" from dominos,,,whew! I couldn't get down that first slice, as it was quickly apparent to me, they refuse to utilize tomato sauce on their meat lovers supreme,,, (and I'd tipped that hairball delivery dude $5 Too) never ever again will I consider the mere thought of patronizing a dominos pizza,,,

Now ,locally, there was that " Magpies pizza" that was about some of the tastiest pizza pie a hand full of cash could lay it's empty hand onto, but owner dude had gotten in to some kinda' federal trouble for employing undocumented workers,,,er,,, or maybe it was dope,,, I can't rightly recall, but his local outlet locations pretty much got halved soon after that:(

cowboyec

Reaction score
HideAway...local chain here in Oklahoma...best pizza Ive ever had.

Falcone's...very close 2nd...also here in Oklahoma...several locations but they've been shutting them down lately.

cowboyec

Reaction score
national chain...Pizza Hut....thin crust...the thinner the better.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
HideAway...local chain here in Oklahoma...best pizza Ive ever had.

Falcone's...very close 2nd...also here in Oklahoma...several locations but they've been shutting them down lately.

Forgot about Hideaway, their stuff is a little pricey but never have had anything that was bad on their menu, not once....10/10
Went to Falcone's on the northside several years ago and the pizza we got just wasn't very good, maybe caught them on a off night.

Have you ever heard of Jo's Famous Pizza? There are locations in Edmond and Purcell. Like Hideaway a little pricey buy very very good. They have a very good meat pizza that includes hot links.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Forgot about Hideaway, their stuff is a little pricey but never have had anything that was bad on their menu, not once....10/10
Went to Falcone's on the northside several years ago and the pizza we got just wasn't very good, maybe caught them on a off night.

Have you ever heard of Jo's Famous Pizza? There are locations in Edmond and Purcell. Like Hideaway a little pricey buy very very good. They have a very good meat pizza that includes hot links.
boy,that sure sounds familiar.
disappointing about Falcones....I think they changed ownership....I miss the place they had in bricktown....the one on may ave is good....but I keep hearing stories like yours...disappointing.