Favorite franchise pizza

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A crazy what if. What if a member creates a thread and he or she uses the title 'Favorite Made-From-Scratch Pizza for Gameday'. Some members read the title and post how much they love pizza from Pizza Hut, Little Caesars, Dominoes, etc. The thread's author sees the posts and makes a comment like, "This thread is about made-from-scratch pizza. Can one of you make another thread about your favorite franchise pizza and post in it instead of this thread?" One of the other members replies 'SURE!', creates another thread and attracts posts from members who prefer chain store pizza over made-from-scratch pizza.

"Well that would be CRAZY, DE!"

Yeah. :(

jsb357

Reaction score
44201804101122352.jpg

Johnny's Pizza is a small chain restaurant based primarily in Northern Louisiana, Northeastern Texas, Southern Arkansas and western Mississippi--so do not be surprised if you have not heard of it. :p

sweep the kitchen
and
sweep the swamp...

:thumbup:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I fratelli. I think they are only in Texas.
The rest in Texas are junk.

Sorry - Pizza is better in the East.

A while ago there was a pizza competition on TV... A top pizzeria from NYC, from Chicago and from LA.

All competed.

In blind taste tests the NYC pizza blew the others out of the water.

Why?

Doing some in depth study of the topic it was found that the water in NYC was simply made for a tastier crust than in Chicago or LA.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Pizza Hut. It isn't great but more consistent than Papa Johns or Dominoes where I live. You have to get the Hut Special crust though and a bottle of green Tabasco or Chimay help. Not a franchise, but HEB makes the best frozen pizza I've ever eaten.

GMO415

Reaction score
Interesting concept they began with as it was based on two principles, cheap pizza because the target is kids and make the sauce sweet because the target is kids.

They applied the Pepsi principle that they used against Coke, make it sweeter. That's the reason I don't like it but when my boys were young, that was the only pizza they wanted.
Interesting fact Coach, Pepsi sells better in lower income areas due to it's sweetness, and Coke does better in more fluent areas

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A while ago there was a pizza competition on TV... A top pizzeria from NYC, from Chicago and from LA.

All competed.

Why?

Doing some in depth study of the topic it was found that the water in NYC was simply made for a tastier crust than in Chicago or LA.
Same with the bagels.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Football is right around the corner and that means gameday pizza. Who's on your speed dial?

When I was 15, I used to work at a pizzaria before there ever was a franchise pizza company. I mean real hand made pizzas. I still can see the scar on my right arm from burns I received from the pizza oven.

I have to say Costco pizza is my first choice. I heard the dough comes from NY!
Ya killin me Smalls....Franchise and Pizza - two words that should never be put together... ; )

And as someone else said - it's the water.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Hmmmm I didn't think there's a franchise pizza chain that I think is all that great. We have Pizza Hut, Papa Johns and Marcos in my town. I'll eat them cause well it's pizza. Dominos is decent but that may be due to only eating it occasionally.

We just got a Marcos in my area. It's pretty solid!! The old world pepperoni really made the pizza IMO!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I can do pretty much any pizza chain. Really, for me, it's hard to mess up a pizza. Even a bad pizza to me is usually good enough to eat. :D

My favorite though it a local chain called Idaho Pizza Company. If you are ever in the Boise area, do stop. It's fantastic.

Oh, Old Chicago has damn good pizza IMO!! Every now and again I will order one for pick up if I feel like running through the mall traffic.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I forgot, there is a small chain in Cali called Zachary’s Chicago Style that is pretty darn good. Some locations are better than others though.

Big_D

Reaction score
Being from NJ there's so many great pizza places so it's kind of weird when people still hit these chains in the area. But they stay open? So the mystery continues. lol But very true about the water. Northeast has great bread, pizza and bagels for that reason.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
We just got a Marcos in my area. It's pretty solid!! The old world pepperoni really made the pizza IMO!

Ours is attached to a Family Video. Good concept with an order window inside the video store. They still need to offer nacho cheese as a side. They have plain cheddar here....o_O

I haven't actually ordered from them for some time. Got burned too many times on delivery that I decided to just take my business elsewhere.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score

All competed.

Why?

Water comes down from the Adarondacs to NYC.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Once you’ve had a good from scratch pizza you’ll have a different outlook. The franchises use the same ingredients. Processed sauce, processed toppings, processed cheeses. Pizzas made from scratch from hole in the wall places are 100 times better.
I've posted( a year or so back) about this 'MOD' PIZZA joint that's opened in my local A.O. ,as it's based set up is very much along the lines of a Chipolte franchise, as you go down the stainless steel ingredients counter& you tell them what&how you want your pizza(I luv that place& always have them hose the outer crust edge with garlic butter for the finishing touch
b-4 it gets shoveled into the flaming oven)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Interesting fact Coach, Pepsi sells better in lower income areas due to it's sweetness, and Coke does better in more fluent areas
huh, that's an interesting cool fact. Pizza hut would be my choice if not local, like their thin and pan crusts. We used to get an order of bread-sticks almost every day after school (3 and change) so am a little biased towards them.