favorite horror movie

joseephuss

Reaction score
Great list of movies.

"Alien" was just so suspenseful. Just a few glimpses of the creature. It was pretty slow moving wiht not much action and that just added to the suspense. And then "Aliens" did the opposite. Hard hitting action. Good movies.

The first "Ring" was pretty good. The second sucked.

"The Eye" is a good dvd to rent. A Chinese movie with no American re-make, yet.

"The Thing" with Kurt Russell was cool.

I liked "28 Days Later".

Now these next two aren't quite horror moviews, but "Saw" was pretty interesting and there is always "Seven". Those scare me a little more because I havn't seen too many ghosts or aliens or undead guys walking around, but I am pretty sure I have run into your typical average looking psycho. Base on percentages, there are probably a few on this board.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DANTHEMAN said:
Army Of Darkness

I love that movie...but not sure I would call it a horror movie.

I like it for the comedic value, there are some great lines in that movie.

This is my BOOM stick lol.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Friday the 13th -Freddie Kruger... OMG!!

The idea of Freddie invading my dreams when I'm unable to fight back....

I get sick just thinking of those razors on his hands....

I've never been able to watch any of the series after the 1st one...

1, 2 - Freddies coming for you
3, 4 - better lock your doors
5, 6 - get your crucifix
7, 8 - better stay up late
9, 10 - never wake up again

I think Freddie is responsible for the sales of caffeine products going up for the past 2 decades..

Halloween didn't bother me so much cuz I knew I was faster than him and smart enough not to stop and wait for him to catch up... I always thought that was so stupid

Oh, and The Grudge... I have to check under my covers to make sure that thing isn't there .. OMG!!!

Night of the living dead... "Fresh brains"... LOL

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After thinking about it for a min, here's my list. In no particular order:

1. Poltergeist
2. Exorcist
3. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
4. Birds - Even now I can't walk under a tree with a lot of birds :)
5. Children of the Corn

k19

Reaction score
Killer Klowns from Outer Space

KILLERVH.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal said:
Bubba HoTep

Is that any good?

Is it cheesy but funny?

I thought about renting it but was not sure if it would be worth the time.

k19

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Guess you hated going to the circus as a kid...:laugh2:

Told ya I had a phobia of Clowns. Clowns and Carnies, nothing makes the skin crawl more :D

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Is that any good?

Is it cheesy but funny?

You'd be taking a risk renting it. You'll either love it or hate it. Isn't as funny as Army of Darkness, but every bit as cheesy. And it certainly isn't scary, because, well, come on.

But for some reason, the movie works....it makes sense, makes you think and stuff. Something to do with geriatrics and their role, I dunno, but I enjoyed it.

Plus, the soundtrack is done by an up and comer named Brian Tyler. It is perfect for the movie, the chords are great. He recycled the score into an orchestra a year later for the SciFi movie 'Children of Dune.' The movie was an F, but got up to a C on the score alone.

I won't recommend renting it, because you might be disappointed. Let a buddy rent it, then go to his house to watch.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Is that any good?

Is it cheesy but funny?

CHEESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was truely one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
CHEESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was truely one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

I have to agree wiht Yeagermeister on this one, and I'm a big Bruce Campbell fan.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
if you haven't seen EITHER movie, i highly recommend watching "evil dead 2" BEFORE you cue up "army of darkness". you can actually skip the original "evil dead" as "ED2" is more a remake of the original than a sequel. "ED2" and "AOD" make a cool double-feature and are great examples of horror/comedy. it's "H.P. Lovecraft meets the Three Stooges".

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
if you haven't seen EITHER movie, i highly recommend watching "evil dead 2" BEFORE you cue up "army of darkness". you can actually skip the original "evil dead" as "ED2" is more a remake of the original than a sequel. "ED2" and "AOD" make a cool double-feature and are great examples of horror/comedy. it's "H.P. Lovecraft meets the Three Stooges".
I have done the double feature thing when we had friends over for Halloween.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› said:
Told ya I had a phobia of Clowns. Clowns and Carnies, nothing makes the skin crawl more :D

I know someone very near and dear to me who actually does have a real fear of clowns, and people in costumes. Like chuck e cheese and stuff.

k19

Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:
I know someone very near and dear to me who actually does have a real fear of clowns, and people in costumes. Like chuck e cheese and stuff.

I taught my daughter a neat trick. When she was little we'd go to Chuck E Cheese and every time Chuck E would come over my daughter would point and yell "RAT!!!!"

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› said:
I taught my daughter a neat trick. When she was little we'd go to Chuck E Cheese and every time Chuck E would come over my daughter would point and yell "RAT!!!!"

What great parenting skills you exhibit. :p: