Favorite Larry Allen moment?

ljs44

Reaction score
I will never forget the game against the Saints, i think his rookie year, when he ran down the LB after he intercepted a pass and was streaking down the sideline. Larry tracked him down with no one else in sight and saved a TD. UNREAL!

silver

Reaction score
ljs44 said:
I will never forget the game against the Saints, i think his rookie year, when he ran down the LB after he intercepted a pass and was streaking down the sideline. Larry tracked him down with no one else in sight and saved a TD. UNREAL!
ditto. wasn't he a db? anywho, great athletism for 320lb guy. unbelievable

AbeBeta

Reaction score
That play has to be #1. Wasn't that the same play that Emmitt tore his hamstring on?

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
Ill always remember him pulling on those sweeps and toss plays and crushing the opposing lb's or db's.those poor little dbs and how they would just try to make themselves so little and lay on the texas turf like a bug, yet he still managed to drive there heads into the ground:bang2:

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
We'll mine had to be in 95 in that playoff game against the e-girls. It was late in the game and the boys had it wrapped up, it was 4th and 1 and sherman williams got 2 yards. Allen signaled first down, i thought it was kinda funny because we all know what happened in philly earlier that year. Also that was the most emotion id ever seen out of allen, until he jacked up cortez this past season.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Ill always remember him pulling on those sweeps and toss plays and crushing the opposing lb's or db's.those poor little dbs and how they would just try to make themselves so little and lay on the texas turf like a bug, yet he still managed to drive there heads into the ground:bang2:

I've never seen a lineman who could a fast moving LBer any better than LA. By the 3rd and 4th quarter of games, you could see opposing D's much less likely to try and fight off blocks.

Sometimes I thought some of his blocks would never get up.

He was UNBELIEVABLE.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
mine had to be in 2006 when the cowboys resigned larry allen in late april to a nice contract so he can play 1 more season as a cowboy and then retire here, and we wont have to pay him much :D.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LA totally destroying Greg Lloyd in the SB. Lloyd and Green were talking all kinds of smack and they got dominated.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I remember Week 1 in 97 vs. Pittsburgh. A linebacker made the mistake of leaving his feet when blocked by LA. LA proceeded to launch him a good 3-4 yards backward through the air.

I'll miss that guy.

alancdc

Reaction score
I agree about that play where he ran down that player. I thought that was against SF, but can't remember. How about the FIRST play from scrimmage in the '95 Super Bowl when he pulled on an Emmitt handoff and flattened Gregg Lloyd. Emmitt got about 30 yards. I love watching that clip.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
alancdc said:
I agree about that play where he ran down that player. I thought that was against SF, but can't remember. How about the FIRST play from scrimmage in the '95 Super Bowl when he pulled on an Emmitt handoff and flattened Gregg Lloyd. Emmitt got about 30 yards. I love watching that clip.

He was truly the best in the game at that time. Greg Lloyd was not a small player, but he flew like a pygmy out of a cannon on that play. Larry owned the Steelers on that day.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I can't remember the game exactly, but I remember him taking out a DE and flipping him through the air like a rag doll. Madden was going crazy.

alancdc

Reaction score
The other thing that I loved about him, except for when he almost choke slammed Cortez last year, he just killed people and his expression NEVER changed. He was like, Whatever man. I loved it.

roy31

Reaction score
fortdick said:
Rattling Cortez' head was my favorite!
I forgot about that ,that is my favorite also , second has to be LLoyd get run over in the superbowl .;)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I remember him chasing someone down in a Detriot game.....he was awesome....Mon night football I think.....don't remember the details.

Reaction score
My favorite Larry Allen moment was actually an off the field event.

In March after Super Bowl 28, The Ticket held their first "Ticket Stock" event in downtown Dallas at the convention center. It was a cloudy day, about 40° and misting slightly off and on. My buddy and I are walking up to one of the halls of the convention center, which turned out to be the wrong building, when up pulls a brand-new White Mustang convertible with the top down, and Larry driving.

He stops right beside us, gets out and follows us up to the doors which are locked. About that time, a security guard sticks his head out and points us in the right direction.

As Larry goes back to get in his car and my buddy and I head off in the direction of the building indicated to us, I pull the Super Bowl 27 souvenir ball I brought to get autographs on, out of the sack and ask Larry if he'd mind signing it for me. He graciously agrees, we all three shake hands and go on our separate ways.

Suddenly I realize my mistake and holler over my shoulder at Larry as he's sliding down into the seat of his car, "hey Allen, you weren't even ON the Super Bowl 27 team!!??" to which he smiles that big gap-toothed grin, and replies, "well now it's REALLY a collector's item, huh?"

I've since gotten 20 or so autographs on that same ball, including Aikman, Irvin, Johnston, Haley, Emmitt etc etc, but it's LA's sig that always makes me giggle whenever I look at it.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
My favorite had to be his rookie year. I think we were playing the Giants in the playoffs and needed the game to move on. He had turned his ankle and was limping BADLY. Every play on the last couple of series, he just kept limping back to the line grimacing in pain, but refused to come out. He laid out a couple of big blocks and we won the game going to San Fran. At that point I knew we had a stud. To play hurt and relatively well was unreal. It really showed me something.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
My favorite Larry Allen moment was actually an off the field event.

In March after Super Bowl 28, The Ticket held their first "Ticket Stock" event in downtown Dallas at the convention center. It was a cloudy day, about 40° and misting slightly off and on. My buddy and I are walking up to one of the halls of the convention center, which turned out to be the wrong building, when up pulls a brand-new White Mustang convertible with the top down, and Larry driving.

He stops right beside us, gets out and follows us up to the doors which are locked. About that time, a security guard sticks his head out and points us in the right direction.

As Larry goes back to get in his car and my buddy and I head off in the direction of the building indicated to us, I pull the Super Bowl 27 souvenir ball I brought to get autographs on, out of the sack and ask Larry if he'd mind signing it for me. He graciously agrees, we all three shake hands and go on our separate ways.

Suddenly I realize my mistake and holler over my shoulder at Larry as he's sliding down into the seat of his car, "hey Allen, you weren't even ON the Super Bowl 27 team!!??" to which he smiles that big gap-toothed grin, and replies, "well now it's REALLY a collector's item, huh?"

I've since gotten 20 or so autographs on that same ball, including Aikman, Irvin, Johnston, Haley, Emmitt etc etc, but it's LA's sig that always makes me giggle whenever I look at it.

:laugh2: Classic

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
ljs44 said:

Anyone have a clip?