Favorite Larry Allen moment?

joseephuss

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
My favorite Larry Allen moment was actually an off the field event.

In March after Super Bowl 28, The Ticket held their first "Ticket Stock" event in downtown Dallas at the convention center. It was a cloudy day, about 40° and misting slightly off and on. My buddy and I are walking up to one of the halls of the convention center, which turned out to be the wrong building, when up pulls a brand-new White Mustang convertible with the top down, and Larry driving.

He stops right beside us, gets out and follows us up to the doors which are locked. About that time, a security guard sticks his head out and points us in the right direction.

As Larry goes back to get in his car and my buddy and I head off in the direction of the building indicated to us, I pull the Super Bowl 27 souvenir ball I brought to get autographs on, out of the sack and ask Larry if he'd mind signing it for me. He graciously agrees, we all three shake hands and go on our separate ways.

Suddenly I realize my mistake and holler over my shoulder at Larry as he's sliding down into the seat of his car, "hey Allen, you weren't even ON the Super Bowl 27 team!!??" to which he smiles that big gap-toothed grin, and replies, "well now it's REALLY a collector's item, huh?"

I've since gotten 20 or so autographs on that same ball, including Aikman, Irvin, Johnston, Haley, Emmitt etc etc, but it's LA's sig that always makes me giggle whenever I look at it.

You better check your dates before you tell that story again. If this happened the March after Superbowl 28, that makes the year 1994. Larry Allen was drafted by the Cowboys in April 1994. :laugh2:

jay cee

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
My favorite Larry Allen moment was actually an off the field event.

In March after Super Bowl 28, The Ticket held their first "Ticket Stock" event in downtown Dallas at the convention center. It was a cloudy day, about 40° and misting slightly off and on. My buddy and I are walking up to one of the halls of the convention center, which turned out to be the wrong building, when up pulls a brand-new White Mustang convertible with the top down, and Larry driving.

He stops right beside us, gets out and follows us up to the doors which are locked. About that time, a security guard sticks his head out and points us in the right direction.

As Larry goes back to get in his car and my buddy and I head off in the direction of the building indicated to us, I pull the Super Bowl 27 souvenir ball I brought to get autographs on, out of the sack and ask Larry if he'd mind signing it for me. He graciously agrees, we all three shake hands and go on our separate ways.

Suddenly I realize my mistake and holler over my shoulder at Larry as he's sliding down into the seat of his car, "hey Allen, you weren't even ON the Super Bowl 27 team!!??" to which he smiles that big gap-toothed grin, and replies, "well now it's REALLY a collector's item, huh?"

I've since gotten 20 or so autographs on that same ball, including Aikman, Irvin, Johnston, Haley, Emmitt etc etc, but it's LA's sig that always makes me giggle whenever I look at it.
Now that is a heck of a story. My favorite LA moment, like most is him running down the Saint LB. But yours tops us all IMO. Thanks for sharing.

DipChit

Reaction score
Dangerous Dave said:
95 NFC Championship Game vs the Packers.
LA pulled and took Reggie White out violently.

Well it was inspired by revenge after Reggie threw him around like a ragdoll as a rookie the year before in that game where Red and Alvin lit up the Packers for 40+ on Turkey Day. ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Him nearly wiping the floor with Cortez.

He deserved his contract for that alone.

Reaction score
DipChit said:
Well it was inspired by revenge after Reggie threw him around like a ragdoll as a rookie the year before in that game where Red and Alvin lit up the Packers for 40+ on Turkey Day. ;)
& somehow the Boys still won....

I'm sure LA told you directly that it was revenge:yousuck:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hey, Theebs, you interested in doing a Larry Allen Tribute highlight film? :D

joseephuss

Reaction score
DipChit said:

Larry got revenge on White that very same game. Reggie White threw Allen around on one play early in the game and went on to sack Jason Garrett. After that, Larry dug in and shut White down. You didn't hear a peep from Reggie the rest of the game. That is when I knew for sure that Larry Allen was going to be special.

Jersey

Reaction score
My favorite was in the 95 SB. He pulled, and at full speed hit greg lloyd head on. My TV shook and and the sound of the hit was loud over the TV. greg lloyd barely rose to his feet before a 10 count by the officials. He was NEVER the same player afterwards. As a matter of fact, I don't think he's been able to complete a sentence since. :bow:

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
My favorite Larry Allen moment was the MNF game that Walter Payton passed away. Larry single handedly pushed 4 of the Vikings linemen to the side clearing lane that could easily fit two Dodge Ram trucks.

Does anybody remember that?

I wish I could find a clip of that play, it was absolutely ridiculous. I've never seen a linemen push 4 people to the side like that...

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
You better check your dates before you tell that story again. If this happened the March after Superbowl 28, that makes the year 1994. Larry Allen was drafted by the Cowboys in April 1994. :laugh2:

Hey you're right. Must have been after the 94-95 NFC champ game. I just remember it was after LA's rookie season, 'cus that NO game where he ran down the guy on the sidelines was fresh in my mind.

Feel better?

:rolleyes:

joseephuss

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Hey you're right. Must have been after the 94-95 NFC champ game. I just remember it was after LA's rookie season, 'cus that NO game where he ran down the guy on the sidelines was fresh in my mind.

Feel better?

:rolleyes:

Much better. I can go home and celebrate with a drink or two. :D

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
The Foremention SB play involving Lloyd, I don't think:lombardi: his name was called the rest of the Game!.

rw54

Reaction score
I think it was the MNF game when the kicker hit 7 or 8 field goals. Sometime in the second half, LA had a series of plays against Santana Dotson. He destroyed him on two or three straight plays. Jacked him up and pushed him back like he was rolling a log. After the third one, I think, LA pushed him 10-12 yards back. Dotson just rolled and ducked and couldn't get away. He finally fell to the side after the play and LA kept going straight ahead and did the body builder pose. Total domination. He said once that it was his goal to make people quit. Remember the Allen injuries guys used to have to get out of playing against him. Great stuff.

ghst187

Reaction score
my favorite is after the 95 SB, when he was celebrating the SB championship. What could compare to that?

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I can't remember what game it was but it was a good few years ago. They were showing the replay of a passing down and it was focused on Larry, he flattened one lineman, pushed another backward and as he was falling down got a hand on a blitzing LB to push him enough to take two steps past the QB, this let him get the pass off. I was still fairly new to the game and seeing this just blew my mind, and gave me a whole new respect for blocking.

Anybody else remember this, so it doesn't make it seem like I'm just saying great things about him because he left?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
My favorite Larry Allen moment:

Chuck Norris was angry at LA and attempted to give him a round house kick to the head....

but Chuck's foot looked Larry Allen in the eye and froze in fear.

Chuck Norris only gives round house kicks to others today because Larry Allen allows it.