Favorite late night show?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
For me, the first 10 years of David Letterman were the best ever. He would eviscerate his guests with his dry humor and lighting fast wit. Or he would make them feel like a million bucks. It was his playground, and even the most famous of famous of celebrities knew they were in his house. I know that Carson is the Gold Standard, but for me no one touches early Letterman. Letterman, to his credit, considers Carson the greatest of all-time. Johnny was amazing. Carnac!

Leno was good, but Letterman eats his lunch.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Whoa, bro!!! :p;)
It's really not even close. Letterman was on a whole other level.

Leno was a standup comedian with a talk show, who executed it supremely. I like Leno.

But Letterman was a lightning-rod witted, couch psychologists, who would **** with his guests heads in his early days. Make them squirm in their seats. Leno was the safe place, Letterman was the challenge.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It's really not even close. Letterman was on a whole other level.

Leno was a standup comedian with a talk show, who executed it supremely. I like Leno.

But Letterman was a lightning-rod witted, couch psychologists, who would **** with his guests heads in his early days. Make them squirm in their seats. Leno was the safe place, Letterman was the challenge.
I don't hate Letterman but he was never my cup of tea. All good man, life would be no fun if we all shared similar tastes. Though, I can say I loved Letterman's Netflix show "My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman". Solid stuff!!!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Used to be Conan but I can’t even tell when or where watch any of these talk shows nowadays since having a kid. I’m usually in bed at 9p.

rags747

Reaction score
Carson for me but I guess that's just my generation. Letterman and Leno too. All of thes new late night guys...Do any of them do anything besides DJT crap every night, seriously?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Carson for me but I guess that's just my generation. Letterman and Leno too. All of thes new late night guys...Do any of them do anything besides DJT crap every night, seriously?
What is "DJT"

(Yes, I'm almost scared to ask LOL)

paladin

Reaction score
Used to watch the Colbert Show on Comedy channel.
None of them are worth my time now.
Carson & Letterman were the gold standard
What we have now is just tin.