Favorite prospect

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Who is your favorite prospect in the class? The guy you just want the most, im not talking necessarily talking best prospect, just favorite.

Mine is DeMarcus Love OT Arkansas, I want to see him in a Dallas Cowboys Uni next year.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Early in the season he was one of those guys that could've stepped up and taken the #1 OT spot, but he really showed that he wasn't elite and his stock dropped from a potential mid first to a second round prospect. After his sugar bowl performance against Cameron Heyward, he needs a good week at the senior bowl to go before the end of the second and possibly third.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3820344 said:
Early in the season he was one of those guys that could've stepped up and taken the #1 OT spot, but he really showed that he wasn't elite and his stock dropped from a potential mid first to a second round prospect. After his sugar bowl performance against Cameron Heyward, he needs a good week at the senior bowl to go before the end of the second and possibly third.

I'm glad hes fallen, id love to get him in the 2nd if he rises back up or the 3rd if he continues to fall, hes got the physical tools.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3820348 said:
I'm glad hes fallen, id love to get him in the 2nd if he rises back up or the 3rd if he continues to fall, hes got the physical tools.

If we missed out on an OT in free agency and in round 1 and 2, then I'd be for it in round 3.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I really like so many of these players.

Carimi is my favorite right now but I can live without him.

Last year Earl Thomas was my guy.

Believe it or not I actually wanted to take a look at Sam Shields too.

He's always been a heck of an athlete.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3820354 said:
If we missed out on an OT in free agency and in round 1 and 2, then I'd be for it in round 3.

In round 3 it'd be a no brainer for me, but I want a guard or center in 2, OT in 3 and Dline or DB in the 1st round ideally.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3820357 said:
In round 3 it'd be a no brainer for me, but I want a guard or center in 2, OT in 3 and Dline or DB in the 1st round ideally.

I could go for

1.) Cam Jordan, DE, California (after trading down with STL or SD for Julio Jones)
2.) James Brewer, OT, Indiana (a reach now, possibly not later)
3a.) Kendrick Ellis, NT, Hampton
3b.) John Moffit, OG/C, Wisconsin

or

1.) Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin (same trade down)
2.) Allen Bailey, DE, Miami or Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State (I like Bailey more but Heyward is likely a better fit)

Indiana produced a quality linemen in Roger Saffold last year and Brewer will likely rise up draft boards if he performs well all week, so I can see him being a good fallback option if the top guys are gone.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have man love for the following players. Does not mean they I want them all at the 9 slot.

Moffitt
Patrick Peterson
Cam Jordan
Carimi
Marecic
Starting to get man love for Brewer but that will depend if he continues to do well.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3820431 said:
I have man love for the following players. Does not mean they I want them all at the 9 slot.

Moffitt
Patrick Peterson
Cam Jordan
Carimi
Marecic
Starting to get man love for Brewer but that will depend if he continues to do well.

If James Brewer had a type A personality, I would be all over drafting him. :)

jnday

Reaction score
nyc;3820440 said:
If James Brewer had a type A personality, I would be all over drafting him. :)

He one one of the OT that I have watched throughout the year. I don`t know if I am concerned about his personality , as much as his yearly ankle injuries. He has been solid when healthy. The injuries may have caused the attitude/personality concerns that has come up recently.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3820388 said:
I could go for

1.) Cam Jordan, DE, California (after trading down with STL or SD for Julio Jones)
2.) James Brewer, OT, Indiana (a reach now, possibly not later)

or

1.) Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin (same trade down)
2.) Allen Bailey, DE, Miami or Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State (I like Bailey more but Heyward is likely a better fit)

Indiana produced a quality linemen in Roger Saffold last year and Brewer will likely rise up draft boards if he performs well all week, so I can see him being a good fallback option if the top guys are gone.

Would love the 2nd draft.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't know about favorite and I don't even know if our team would interested in him but I would like to see Noel Davine of WV do well. He's had a pretty tough road to this point. Both Parents died of Aids I believe. Would be good to see him make it.

IDK, JMO

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY;3820763 said:
I don't know about favorite and I don't even know if our team would interested in him but I would like to see Noel Davine of WV do well. He's had a pretty tough road to this point. Both Parents died of Aids I believe. Would be good to see him make it.

IDK, JMO

If height and weights are correct from the senior bowl reports, we might him as an udfa.

On a side note, a name I forgot on my list is the NT from WVU in the later rounds. :D