Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DCowboysGal said:
Matthew Goodband - forgot about them
Tea Party - meh
Annihilator - meh
Loverboy - forgot about them (I'm only 22)
Or Rush - forgot about them

I like annihilator as I do love me some metal and since I am a guitarist I really like Jeff Waters...pretty good guitarist.

I had a buddy that I used to talk with that lived in canada and he would send me some music from bands I never listed to before...Matthew Goodband, Tea Party...there was another I think called Malice or something like that.

They were ok not great but ok....However I really am surprised that Matthew Goodband has not made much of a success in the USA as his music was pretty good in a commerical way.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboysPrincess said:
my favorite guitarist

1 - Eric Clapton
2 - SRV
3 - Eddie Van Halen
4 - Jimi Hendrix
5 - BB King
6 - Carlos Santana

Carlos Santana has the sweetest guitar tone of anyone IMO....just such a beautiful tone.

Add in...

Jimmy Page (loved him for his versatile playing and style)

Joe Stariani...most that do not play guitar are not as familiar with him but his is great.

Randy Rhodes...Man was a great great player and never really got a chance to even hit his full stride IMO.

Oh...this is another area where I could go on for hours listing a huge list of names :D

DCowboysGal

Corvette Slut
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Carlos Santana has the sweetest guitar tone of anyone IMO....just such a beautiful tone.

Add in...

Joe Stariani...most that do not play guitar are not as familiar with him but his is great.

Randy Rhodes...Man was a great great player and never really got a chance to even hit his full stride IMO.

Oh...this is another area where I could go on for hours listing a huge list of names :D

My favs:

Nuno Bettencourt - formerly of Extreme and now solo
Jimmy Page
Travis Miguel - of Atreyu
Buddy Guy - awesome blues guy
Jack White - of the White Stripes
Pete Townsend
Ray Brown - great jazz guitarist
Jon Frusciante - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Oscar Lopez - awesome Latin guitarist
Mark Knopfler - formerly of Dire Straits
Jeff Healey
Tom Morello - of Audioslave
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Mike Campbell - usually works with Tom Petty
Carlos Santana
Colin James
Robert Johnson
Dave Navarro

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DCowboysGal said:
My favs:

Jimmy Page
Nuno Bettencourt - formerly of Extreme and now solo
Buddy Guy - awesome blues guy
Pete Townsend
Ray Brown - great jazz guitarist
Jon Frusciante - formerly of the Red Hot Chili Peppers
Oscar Lopez - awesome Latin guitarist
Mark Knopfler - formerly of Dire Straits
Jeff Healey
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Carlos Santana
Colin James

Very good list...good to see another give Buddy Guy his due, man has some serious chops.

I also thought that Jon Frusciante went back the RHCPs

DCowboysGal

Corvette Slut
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Very good list...good to see another give Buddy Guy his due, man has some serious chops.

I also thought that Jon Frusciante went back the RHCPs

Sorry I was thinking of RHCP with Dave Navarro.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Add in...

I was lucky enough to see Santana in the 80's Carlos did a 10+ min guitar solo that was so amazing.. it shut up an entire stadium crowd - you coulda heard a pin drop. I was there to see Pat Benitar, Styx, Dobbie Bros and Tom Petty... but left that day a Santana fan

And how could I have forgotten Jimmy Page...He was the guitarist of one of my favorite bands of all time... and the most popular guitar song for anyone learning guitar is Jimmy Page's/ Led Zepplins Stairway to Heaven. Everyone wanted to learn how to play that when I was TRYING to learn guitar...And he along w/ Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck were members of the Yard Birds at one time or the other.. All great guitarist

My son is learning guitar - much better than mom - and he wants to play Stairway to Heaven... and he's only 12 ... LOL

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboysPrincess said:
I was lucky enough to see Santana in the 80's Carlos did a 10+ min guitar solo that was so amazing.. it shut up an entire stadium crowd - you coulda heard a pin drop. I was there to see Pat Benitar, Styx, Dobbie Bros and Tom Petty... but left that day a Santana fan

And how could I have forgotten Jimmy Page...He was the guitarist of one of my favorite bands of all time... and the most popular guitar song for anyone learning guitar is Jimmy Page's/ Led Zepplins Stairway to Heaven. Everyone wanted to learn how to play that when I was TRYING to learn guitar...And he along w/ Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck were members of the Yard Birds at one time or the other.. All great guitarist

My son is learning guitar - much better than mom - and he wants to play Stairway to Heaven... and he's only 12 ... LOL

Ah yes Jeff Beck...if you have not listened to it I advise you to pick up his Guitar Shop cd...it was put out in the late 80s I think....really good stuff....not hard driven guitar rock but good stuff.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

Satch is awesome!

Steve Vai is great also. Did some cool stuff with Zappa, if your into that kinda thing.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
Satch is awesome!

Steve Vai is great also. Did some cool stuff with Zappa, if your into that kinda thing.

Of Course Vai is great....he learned from Satch. :cool:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Ah yes Jeff Beck...if you have not listened to it I advise you to pick up his Guitar Shop cd...it was put out in the late 80s I think....really good stuff....not hard driven guitar rock but good stuff.

I might have it in my collection.. I'll look and see, play it if I do and tell you what I think

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboysPrincess said:
I might have it in my collection.. I'll look and see, play it if I do and tell you what I think

B0000026KQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I think it was put out in 88-89.

I still like Wired but I have both of these on tape and play them every once in awhile.

I just like some of his slower and mellower tunes on Guitar shop and then there are some good up beat tunes as well.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
B0000026KQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I think it was put out in 88-89.

I still like Wired but I have both of these on tape and play them every once in awhile.

I just like some of his slower and mellower tunes on Guitar shop and then there are some good up beat tunes as well.

Found it... Live in Concert - haven't listened to it yet... I'll blow off the dust and do so now - LOL

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
More Fav Songs

Midlife Crisis - Faith No More
Heaven and Hell - Black Sabbath
Perfect Strangers - Deep Purple

In My Darkest Hour, Peace Sells, Hook In Mouth and Wake up Dead - Megadeth

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
More Fav Songs

Midlife Crisis - Faith No More
Heaven and Hell - Black Sabbath
Perfect Strangers - Deep Purple

In My Darkest Hour, Peace Sells, Hook In Mouth and Wake up Dead - Megadeth

Ahh....keep talking...you are speaking my language in Heavy Metal.

LOVE Dio...yes even with Black Sabbath...Heaven and Hell and The Mob Rules are greatness IMO.

Ritchie Blackmore in Deep Purple....and Dio and Ritchie in Rainbow together were great stuff too...Man on the Silver Mountain rocks.

Great picks of Megadeth songs as well...the early stuff was so much better IMO...more raw and ferocious from a guitar standpoint...Peace Sells had a great sound with Dave and C.Poland.

So far So Good So what had some good stuff...but some of the song lyrics were a tad silly.

Break out Toxic Waltz by Exodus and Caught in the Mosh or Idians by Anthrax and I might have to jump into the pit. :D

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Break out Toxic Waltz by Exodus and Caught in the Mosh or Idians by Anthrax and I might have to jump into the pit

Looks like you and I definitely have the same tastes in music.
I started thinking Anthrax after I made the last post.

Love 80's metal. I lived in Dallas then, Z-Rock was alive and well and Pantera was a Hair Band. Those were the days.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
Looks like you and I definitely have the same tastes in music.
I started thinking Anthrax after I made the last post.

Love 80's metal. I lived in Dallas then, Z-Rock was alive and well and Pantera was a Hair Band. Those were the days.

Here is a good station online for metal...

www.knac.com

Some of the newer stuff sucks but they usually have a good mix of the older stuff as well.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Thanks for the link BrAinPaiNt

Sound like a great channel.
First thing I hear when I turn it on is Suicidal.

DStely8

Reaction score
Here are some of the songs i like

Tantric- Mourning,live your life
The Cure, 311- Love song
sugarcult- pretty girl
the killers-somebody told me
Guster-rocketship, medicine
Tupac - brenda's got a baby
Bob marley- Get up stand up,one love
Sevenwiser-take me as i am
Rascalz-crazy world
Santana- maria maria
Trapt-echo
kanye west-never let me down

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiN said:
Voodoo Chile

Well...I could go on for hours lol...so I will just cut it short now.

Me too, Mr. Paint.

Perhaps, that is why we get along pretty well...

For now, I'll say, "The Power of Equality" by "Red Hot Chili Peppers".

http://www.lyricsondemand.com/r/redhotchilipepperslyrics/thepowerofequalitylyrics.html

Some of the best music ever is on this album, but was never played on mainstream radio.

Or... (if I have to narrow it down )

"Castles Made of Sand" by Jimi Hendrix.

http://www.lyricsondemand.com/r/redhotchilipepperslyrics/thepowerofequalitylyrics.html