Reaction score
For me

timmee-army-green-close_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
f8HzogW.png

My father got me an Atari console, like the one @Hardline posted earlier, about two years later.
I had a friend whose parents were divorced. And his Mom worked at a Department store and tried to compensate by buying him all of the ‘cool toys’ at the time. And it was essentially my ‘dream list’ that included Star Wars figures and the Atari console and games.

The plus side was that I could essentially ‘try before you buy’ and find out which ones I should ask for or not.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Life is something else. Too many years ago, I was playing a video game with two knobs moving two short lines to bounce a small square pixel back and forth on a flat black-and-white screen. Skip ahead decades later and I am playing games in 3D with fantastic music and sound on a PS5 so vivid that it getting closer to real-life picture/motion quality.

I am thankful I lived long enough to experience that evolution. That said, my anger has been rougher on modern controllers than the ones from back in the day. :muttley:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Life is something else. Too many years ago, I was playing a video game with two knobs moving two short lines to bounce a small square pixel back and forth on a flat black-and-white screen. Skip ahead decades later and I am playing games in 3D with fantastic music and sound on a PS5 so vivid that it getting closer to real-life picture/motion quality.

I am thankful I lived long enough to experience that evolution. That said, my anger has been rougher on modern controllers than the ones from back in the day. :muttley:
I’m curious to get your perspective. I’m finding that while the games look better and better, they’re losing more of the pure ‘fun factor’.

Big_D

Reaction score
Loved all 3. I was really into bikes and had a Mongoose, jumping ramps and all that. Can't think of any other of the bike names right now, but there were a bunch. Would've definitely wanted that all blue 40 years ago. lol I never actually got around to building a bike, but I had big plans to do that back then. :)

Atari.. thousands of hours. And huge into Evel Knievel. Had the EK Huffy at one point.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it the games, or the player? Serious question...Is it actually the games, or are you just more easily bored?
That was part of why I asked. To determine whether or not it’s just me and maybe I’m just getting too old for the current games?

It’s more an issue of things being overly complex to the point where the pure enjoyment is lost.

I don’t care how good a game looks if it’s not fun to play.