Favourite gaming platforms

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I spent an untold amount of time in my late teens/early 20s playing Madden on PlayStation with friends. This was before I really had a meaningful career. It was not uncommon for my buddy and I to play Madden from like 6-7p to 4-5a the next morning.

I remember one time walking to my car in the morning thinking what a colossal waste of time it was. I swore off owning game console until I had a “real” job. I ended up starting my career but never ended up buying a gaming console. Now I’ve got two little ones and already swore to never have one in my house. One of my biggest fears as a parent is for my son or daughter become one of these kids that sits in their bedroom all day playing video games. I figure they’ll get enough exposure playing at friends houses but at least they’ll be cut off at home.

I can definitely see your point. I wasted countless time and money on video games.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ever hear of this one?

Nice video. Thanks for posing it. No, I had no clue how the predecessor game franchise looked. The successor's first version had a similar look (especially the Hoth mode of Walker Assault) but nowhere as massive as what its predecessor's third version would have looked.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I spent an untold amount of time in my late teens/early 20s playing Madden on PlayStation with friends. This was before I really had a meaningful career. It was not uncommon for my buddy and I to play Madden from like 6-7p to 4-5a the next morning.

I remember one time walking to my car in the morning thinking what a colossal waste of time it was. I swore off owning game console until I had a “real” job. I ended up starting my career but never ended up buying a gaming console. Now I’ve got two little ones and already swore to never have one in my house. One of my biggest fears as a parent is for my son or daughter become one of these kids that sits in their bedroom all day playing video games. I figure they’ll get enough exposure playing at friends houses but at least they’ll be cut off at home.
There definitely needs to be a line drawn with gaming. I played a lot of games growing up and into adulthood, but also spent a lot of time outdoors. I played football, baseball, basketball and soccer for many years. The games back then were not like they are now though, which I think saved me somewhat. Making games ended up being my career, but it was more of something I kind of fell into rather than an obsession. I still enjoy playing games but probably play more than I would at this point just to keep up with what other studios are doing.

As to the OP's question, I prefer PC and PlayStation. Xbox is good too. Nintendo with the Switch is my least favorite, but I'm not really interested in playing games on the go. That last Zelda game was fantastic though.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I'm currently using my laptop for a lot of games, but I plan to get a gaming computer in the Spring so I can game and make better YouTube content.
You're going to need a gaming chair too. A big one lol. *gives carrot

Last edited by a moderator:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There definitely needs to be a line drawn with gaming. I played a lot of games growing up and into adulthood, but also spent a lot of time outdoors. I played football, baseball, basketball and soccer for many years. The games back then were not like they are now though, which I think saved me somewhat. Making games ended up being my career, but it was more of something I kind of fell into rather than an obsession. I still enjoy playing games but probably play more than I would at this point just to keep up with what other studios are doing.

As to the OP's question, I prefer PC and PlayStation. Xbox is good too. Nintendo with the Switch is my least favorite, but I'm not really interested in playing games on the go. That last Zelda game was fantastic though.

Yeah, most of the games I played we’re either fighting or sports games (ex. Madden, Tekken, etc.). One thing I’m grateful I never got into were were MMORP games. I’ve have a close buddy that nearly lost his marriage due in large part to getting too engrossed in PC games. Had coworkers where it impacted them on the job (lack of sleep), et cetera.

To be clear, I’m not knocking anyone that games. For me, it just consumed an inordinate amount of unproductive time in my life and so I’ve stayed away from it as I got older.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, most of the games I played we’re either fighting or sports games (ex. Madden, Tekken, etc.). One thing I’m grateful I never got into were were MMORP games. I’ve have a close buddy that nearly lost his marriage due in large part to getting too engrossed in PC games. Had coworkers where it impacted them on the job (lack of sleep), et cetera.

To be clear, I’m not knocking anyone that games. For me, it just consumed an inordinate amount of unproductive time in my life and so I’ve stayed away from it as I got older.

I echo many of your sentiments. I was also big into Madden (like ‘92, ‘93, ‘94) and Tekken as well.

But as I’ve gotten older, I’ve lost much of my enthusiasm and interest. I used to buy most every console that was out there, but that stopped years ago when I chose PlayStation over X-Box. And the PS4 was my last console and I honestly didn’t and don’t play that much. Just a few special games like GTA, Red Dead Redemption, and Battlefront occasionally catch my interest.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like using Steam and Xbox, what gaming platforms and games do you all prefer?
I haven't gamed since the early 80s in Jr. High...I still have my Mattel hand held games and they still work....i bought an XBox and another where you could play remotely.....for my daughter and her friends...I had fun watching them enjoy themselves....the only game I ever played with them was the American Idol karaoke and guitar hero...

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To be honest,I don't know. This is a custom built computer that's at least 10 years old. I can play Half-Life 2 with no problems. That's about the newest game on this computer.
Ahh..Ok. I was going to say that if you knew how to work on PCs, I could send you some of my spare parts to atleast buff your PC back up to play modern games.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Been a gamer for so long...don't matter the platform, rig, etc. I'm gonna play! My wife thinks I'm nuts but I'll have my PS5, Series X, Switch and PC all going with random games at the same time. My attention span is crazy lol so I sometimes just go back and forth between them while they're all on haha. Can't wait for the new PSVR2 set