Favre looks washed up

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Sitting in the restaurant today watching the boys and catching parts of other games today scouting around to see who was doing what and etc.

Farve looks washed up the two times I have seen him this year he looks washed up; I know he is missing Walker but man 5 int today holy cow most where just poor throws and poor decision making. I mean just awful decisions forcing balls instead of throwing them away etc.

Commanders how the heck did we let Burnell get two big pass plays on us that offense looks horrid I am still dumbfounded after watching us lose that game and watching the skins play again today

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
and just imagine, Bledsoe throws a single pick, and everyone is all over him, imagine if he threw 5 in a game? whew, scary

jman

Reaction score
Favre is a HOF'er...Yes he is on the down side of his career.

I wish him well. Tough season for him...and yes, maybe it's time to retire.

Kilyin

Reaction score
What else can he do but force it? That team is completely decimated by injury.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same here, went to sports bar. They had the sound on to the freaking gints - deadskins game. So had to watch Dallas game in silence. But yes, Favre needs to retire, he was just slinging it all over the field hoping something would happen.

Freaking too many northeastern team fans up here. So they cater to them. But they do seem to like the NFL over the CFL here in Montreal, so it seems to me anyway. My ex-wife was nice enough to tape the game, so I can watch it with sound when I get back to Dallas.

ghst187

Reaction score
Favre needing to retire....going on 3 years now...

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Hardly. Favre is playing behind a horrid O-line, with no RB and a bunch of scrub WRs next to Driver. He's looked like a hard-luck hero in previous weeks- this week he was simply overmatched by a good defense- on the road. He can still play, but he needs to be surrounded by veteran players since his unpredictability is not a good match with green teammates.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
What else can he do but force it? That team is completely decimated by injury.

He has always forced it, just had guys who caught it for him. Whenever you played Favre, the best thing to do was wait for him to screw up.

Novacek84

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
Favre needing to retire....going on 3 years now...
No way does Favre need to retire. He has no team around him. His No. 1 and 2 RBs and No. 1 WR are out for the year and they have no defense. You saw what he can still do vs. Carolina a few weeks back. I predict Favre will return next year for one more go-round because he doesn't want to go out this way.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
washed up.

Gosh...can we have a little MORE drama?

No sh ! t? Are you one of the ones that called for Emmitt's head as well?

Can't enjoy one of the greats of pro football? One week your oaky with it and the next he's washed up?

Puking...be right back.

They had a chance to win..then what? Huh? Huh?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
I love Favre but i think its time to put Aaron Rodgers in and see what the guy can do. But i really doubt they will because of respect for Favre and thats who the fans go to see when they go Packers games

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Cowboy Lover said:
washed up.

Gosh...can we have a little MORE drama?

No sh ! t? Are you one of the ones that called for Emmitt's head as well?

Can't enjoy one of the greats of pro football? One week your oaky with it and the next he's washed up?

Puking...be right back.

They had a chance to win..then what? Huh? Huh?

Um I am lost on this one can you please translate. Look Farve is old and sucking arse he had one good game this year so did Vinny last year but he was washed up to. Yes Farve was great he is washed up now and I did not post about him last week or at all this year untill this post.

So I am way confused on your post

ghst187

Reaction score
Novacek84 said:
No way does Favre need to retire. He has no team around him. His No. 1 and 2 RBs and No. 1 WR are out for the year and they have no defense. You saw what he can still do vs. Carolina a few weeks back. I predict Favre will return next year for one more go-round because he doesn't want to go out this way.

he's holding GayBay back from transitioning to the future. Favre is not the future of gaybay. Sure he can still win some games and still has some ability, but he isn't close to what he used to be. Nowadays, he throws it to the other team about half the time. Yes, the rest of his team is pretty lame right now but even if they were good, Favre isn't taking them to the SB again. Continuing to build around Favre is stifling them from rebuilding, which is what they need to do. At some point for a team, its best to just move on. We wasted a few years towards the end with Aikman and Emmitt and it set us back a long ways. (Gallowaste anyone?)

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Farve is the same player he always was he just dose not have a great Denfense and running game to bail him out of his bone head plays anymore.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Time for Farve to pass the torch and the Packers to go into hibernation for another 20 years.

Bye bye cheeseheads...

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
I think Favre looks bad. Throwing INT's all the time, with no defense to bail him out.

But the most shocking thing of all is how he has changed physically. He has gone from that brown haired, poster boy of the league that I loved in the 90's to a gray haired old man, that I keep thinking stayed too long in football.

playmakers

Reaction score
Imagine if Dallas's recievers were Glenn, Copper, Merritt, and Devery Johnson. Imagine on top of this our starting running back would be Troy Hambrick. Thats what Favre is playing with. Put Favre on a good team he would be all-pro.

roughneck266

Reaction score
I think he should have given it up before this year. He is a great QB and has had a HOF career, but you have to know whent to give it up.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
playmakers said:
Imagine if Dallas's recievers were Glenn, Copper, Merritt, and Devery Johnson. Imagine on top of this our starting running back would be Troy Hambrick. Thats what Favre is playing with. Put Favre on a good team he would be all-pro.
I completely agree. But man, it is a stark contrast to the swagger a young Brett Favre had. Remember his cameo on "There's Something About Mary"? He was THE man. I'm almost in shock whenever I see him "old". You know?