Favre looks washed up

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I think I will have some fun with PackerFan who used to rip Emmitt Smith for hanging around "just for the numbers". Favour is doing the same thing.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
I think I will have some fun with PackerFan who used to rip Emmitt Smith for hanging around "just for the numbers". Favour is doing the same thing.
THe American way is "Favor". Happy bashing. :)

Hiero

Reaction score
yep Favre should have retired the way their team is playing, I think if he knew everyone was gonna be out for the season he mighta retired, but I think this is definitely his last year.

NorTex

Reaction score
Favre now has 13 ints on the season, in only seven games.

He gets way too much love, he is easily the most overrated player in the game.

You could put Henson out there and he wouldn't throw FIVE picks...that just plain sucks.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I got trashed in the offseason for putting Favre on my list of most overrated players in the league, with the main reason being I thought he wasn't anywhere near the player he used to be. That said, I still think he could do some damage on a team such as the Cowboys where he has the weapons, running game and a better oline. (Maybe not much better, though, if last week is any indication. Doh!) Maybe he can do a Joe Montana and play somewhere else his last 2 years. A team that has more weapons than the Packers and just needs a QB. (Baltimore! *cough* Baltimore!)

Gordon

Reaction score
Favre is not washed up. If that team didn't let their OL walk, and wasn't decimated by injuries, he'd be doing a lot better. Even without any WR's, RB's or good OLineman, he's still having a decent season.

174-261, 1850 yards, 15 TD, 13 INT, 85.6 QB Rating

That QB Rating is better than his 1999 and 2000 efforts, and equal to his 2002 effort.

Those are stats he's putting up with Donald Driver and Antonio Chatman as his WR's, and Tony Fisher as his RB.

Even with this makeshift team, the Packers have been in almost every single game. Why do you think that is? You think it's because of their running game? maybe their defense? Nope.. It's Brett Favre.

Of his 5 INT's yesterday, 2 were bad passes. 2 of them were tipped passes, which can basically be chalked up to bad luck for the most part, and I believe the other was a missed assignment by a WR. On a team like this where he's being forced to carry the team, sometimes you gotta take chances to make things happen because that's the only way you're going to put points on the board. Obviously it's going to result in some INT's.