Felix brings a new dimension to the offense

Smith22

Reaction score
I was thrilled when we got Felix involved early today, then we went away from him. The coaching staff needs to find ways to get him more involved, especially in the passing attack. HE is a WOW player. His speed and and agility adds the one thing missing from this offense last year. Getting him more involved has to be high on our list of priorities.

Thomas82

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2310603 said:
I actully think his game speed is better than 4.47...

I think he is a little bit faster than 4.47 period.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
why not have some plays with both of them in there like in new orleans?

Eskimo

Reaction score
STSINAZ;2311275 said:
why not have some plays with both of them in there like in new orleans?

I'm waiting for that, too. I think we've run some plays with Felix in the slot like that, but none with both of them in the backfield.

I'd like to see some more of it - gives the defense more to think about and gives another wrinkle to the offense. That is the whole reason we brought Felix in.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
mmohican29;2310441 said:
4.47 speed is plenty fast enough to turn the corner in the pros. Throw in excellent vision and instincts and Felix is a BIG TIME threat every time he touches the football.

Eskimo;2310462 said:
Plenty of people with that speed can't turn the corner. Heck, Julius couldn't turn the corner often and he ran a 4.38. It takes more than just speed - he seems to be able to setup the defenders with his running style so that he ends up getting the corner on them.

He probly had a bad morning before he ran that slow 4.47 lol

tyke1doe

Reaction score
cowboyz;2310556 said:
exactly. that's why bush isn't that good of a runner despite his elite speed.

Let's not let our Felix love cause to talk crazy.

Bush IS a good runner, an outside runner that is. He can get to the corner and if he does, watch out.

J-DOG

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2310603 said:
I actully think his game speed is better than 4.47...
Agree.
His burst and game speed just jumps out at you when you watch the game.
He turns the corner so smoothly...reminiscent of Tony Dorsett.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Felix looks way faster than 4.47.

I bet Jerry told Felix to run slow at the combine, and don't run at the Pro Day. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Jerry told Wade and Garrett to run some "come from behind" plays to Felix today.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Felix looked like a 4.3 guy when you watched him play at Arkansas. That's why everyone was shocked at the combine when he didn't run one.

I went back and looked at NFL Draft Scout, and they have Felix's times before the combine like this:

4.34-4.39

4.39-4.46

Plus, they give him 4.44 at the combine.

I think he definately has 4.3 speed, but that is just my eyes.

aikemirv

Reaction score
It is not his speed that makes him special, it is the burst. He has something that I have not seen many have before - it is the ability to hit top speed in a flash - that is what sets him apart. I don't care what Simms says, no one was catching him around that corner not matter what angle they took because his acceleration blew right by them. That is why the one guy started to take the wrong angle, because he could not adjust to the acceleration.

By the way, you can't keep using him like they did this game because if you bring him in for a play or 2 the D knows to watch the otside. You have to use him for a series IMO.

He would have torched the Skins on the outside too if we would have put him in there!

Thomas82

Reaction score
aikemirv;2312204 said:
It is not his speed that makes him special, it is the burst. He has something that I have not seen many have before - it is the ability to hit top speed in a flash - that is what sets him apart. I don't care what Simms says, no one was catching him around that corner not matter what angle they took because his acceleration blew right by them. That is why the one guy started to take the wrong angle, because he could not adjust to the acceleration.

By the way, you can't keep using him like they did this game because if you bring him in for a play or 2 the D knows to watch the otside. You have to use him for a series IMO.

He would have torched the Skins on the outside too if we would have put him in there!

It's about time they started giving him his own series.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
One thing I've noticed about Felix is that he doesn't get caught for a loss or no gain. I don't know what the stats are for him in this regard, but he's good for a sizeable gain every time he touches the ball. I don't recall seeing him get caught at or behind the line of scrimmage this year.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I am very excited about Felix, however not so excited that I have forgotten about Barber. Both backs need to be involved in the offense more to open up the pass, so it really wouldn't be taking touches from Barber as it would be converting incompletions to carries for Jones. The WRs will still get their touches, we just need to run the ball more until teams stop getting so physical with the WRs at the line.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Up until now it has been Witten, Barber & Owens as far as game-planning.

Now it has to be Witten, Barber, Owens & F. Jones.

He has earned that, and it is just another weapon for defenses to account for.

On another note, I wish we had another real good WR.

Look at the Bungs, they have 3.

Yea, we contained C. Johnson, but Hushyourmama had a real good day because of it.

We need that for T.O.

DFWJC

Reaction score
29 touches, 254 yards, 8.8 yards per touch....

and on top of that he's averaging 27.5 yards on kick off returns (helped a lot by the long one)

Nexx

Reaction score
and for the cherry on top, the guys runs bigger than his size. he's not a easy take down kinda like portis. forgive me for comparing felix to a skin.