Felix over Reggie Bush, any day.

Reaction score
amuze;2315010 said:
We should have drafted Desean Jackson with our 2nd first rounder. We needed a quick slot receiver and bonafide punt returner.

I said that last August.........

But he is too small and has an attitude. Oh well... At least youll get to see him ( as a CAL fan) make big plays for the next 5 years , twice a year against the Boys...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
MC KAos;2315140 said:
bush is still overrated, dante hall returned some punts too, it didnt make him a great receiver. bush is overrated because people made it seem like, from the moment he joined the league, he was a top running back. there are at least 15-20 running backs i would rather have than him, and two of them are on our team.

Thats where so many like yourself FAIL when it comes to Reggie Bush.

His position may say RB but he just isn't a pure RB. Hes different. He brings something to the game a lot of other guys dont.

He is a RB, WR, KR, PR. He can do it all. Hes the Swiss Army Knife of football.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Bush is a change of pace and third down back. Comparing him to a base running back isn't fair either way.

Preston Pearson wasn't a great RB. Until Tom Landry made him the league's first third down back. He was great at getting open and then doing something with it.

To me, Reggie Bush, is the ultimate third down running back. Comparing him to LJ doesn't work.

I'm not certain what FJ is going to be. He may be good enough to start. But it's rather obvious he's at least a very good third down back. It appears he may be able to take it inside. Will he be as effective as MB inside. I doubt it.

We may just have a pretty good reincarnation of Mr. Inside/Mr. Outside.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Reggie Bush (Rookie Year)

Carries...Yards..........YPC.........Long........TD

Felix Jones (Rookie Year)

Carries....Yards.........YPC..........Long.......TD

==

Food for thought. ;)

QT

Reaction score
Didn't we come to the conclusion that Reggie is not a "typical RB"?

Since we are at it, let's post his rookie year catches also to be fair and unbiased:

rec yards ypc Lng TD
88 742 8.4 74 2

88 catches? That's a premier WR territory.

More food for thought :)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Wow! Eight yards per catch!

Catching a bunch of little swing passes out of the backfield doesn't put you in "premier WR territory".

QT

Reaction score
88 catches does. I never said the yardage was premier. Read again...

Love it when you guys diss Bush. Tell your friends and their friends too... :)

Reaction score
QuanTran;2316003 said:

Reggie Bush can create when properly used.. You can line him up anywhere on the field and he will produce. He is worth the pick...

joseephuss

Reaction score
QuanTran;2316003 said:

You can't discount the yardage. You posted the number of receptions he had because you can't discount his receptions because he does bring that to the game. The yardage is tied in and his 8.4 yards per reception is a bit low.

You love it because of Fantasy football. I don't play fantasy football. If I was a Saints fan I would want more from my running back than what Bush brings to the table. He had a big game last night in the return game, but how many times is he going to do that in a single season? Not many. He is going to get way more opportunities running the ball and catching the ball. In his 2+ years he has produced 86 yards a game from the line of scrimmage. I expect more from the #2 overall pick in the draft and most people should.

Dimuha

Reaction score
Felix might just be the mot exciting player in the league, right up there with Hester.

QT

Reaction score
joseephuss;2316104 said:
You can't discount the yardage. You posted the number of receptions he had because you can't discount his receptions because he does bring that to the game. The yardage is tied in and his 8.4 yards per reception is a bit low.

You love it because of Fantasy football. I don't play fantasy football. If I was a Saints fan I would want more from my running back than what Bush brings to the table. He had a big game last night in the return game, but how many times is he going to do that in a single season? Not many. He is going to get way more opportunities running the ball and catching the ball. In his 2+ years he has produced 86 yards a game from the line of scrimmage. I expect more from the #2 overall pick in the draft and most people should.

Hmmm... I expected more out of our #1 overall pick Russell Maryland back in the day but oh well. Russell did well, but not "from the #1 overall pick in the draft". I also expect more out of Marcus Spears and Carpenter but oh well.

Did Bush not almost bring back the saints last night? Did he have a big impact on the game? If you want to talk about that draft, then Mario Williams had 2 or so sacks on Sunday, but was he a BIG impact? How bout Vince Young? What's he up to now a days?

Ok, you guys are right. Bush sucks as a RB. :)

GO COWBOYS!!!

Reaction score
QuanTran;2316173 said:
Hmmm... I expected more out of our #1 overall pick Russell Maryland back in the day but oh well. Russell did well, but not "from the #1 overall pick in the draft". I also expect more out of Marcus Spears and Carpenter but oh well.

Did Bush not almost bring back the saints last night? Did he have a big impact on the game? If you want to talk about that draft, then Mario Williams had 2 or so sacks on Sunday, but was he a BIG impact? How bout Vince Young? What's he up to now a days?

GO COWBOYS!!!

Total facial Lefluer.... Total facial....

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
joseephuss;2316104 said:

:hammer:

joseephuss

Reaction score
QuanTran;2316173 said:

GO COWBOYS!!!

I don't think Maryland ever lived up to his draft status. So? What does that have to do with Bush? Nor did I say that Reggie sucked. I just don't think he lives up to his draft status or the hype. He had a great game last night as a return man. Perhaps if he did more with his other touches the Saints would have won. He put up 29 rushing yards. That is just not going to cut it.

A running back is going to get the majority of his touches from running the ball. It is great that he can be a good return man, which is something he was not during his first two years. It is also great that he catches so many passes, but a running back gets most of his opportunities rushing the ball. Rushing the ball is his weakness so far as seen by his 3.6 yards per carry for his career and 3.3 yards per carry this season. Bush has about twice as many rushing attempts than receptions in his brief career and barely a handful of return opportunities. It is not as if he can go out there and catch 200 passes in a year. He has to run the ball better to be truly elite.

I am not comparing Bush to Felix Jones. I will compare him to Maurice Jones-Drew. I think MJD is the better player and he did not cost the #2 overall draft pick to get.

Reaction score
joseephuss;2316253 said:
I don't think Maryland ever lived up to his draft status. So? What does that have to do with Bush? Nor did I say that Reggie sucked. I just don't think he lives up to his draft status or the hype. He had a great game last night as a return man. Perhaps if he did more with his other touches the Saints would have won. He put up 29 rushing yards. That is just not going to cut it.

A running back is going to get the majority of his touches from running the ball. It is great that he can be a good return man, which is something he was not during his first two years. It is also great that he catches so many passes, but a running back gets most of his opportunities rushing the ball. Rushing the ball is his weakness so far as seen by his 3.6 yards per carry for his career and 3.3 yards per carry this season. Bush has about twice as many rushing attempts than receptions in his brief career and barely a handful of return opportunities. It is not as if he can go out there and catch 200 passes in a year. He has to run the ball better to be truly elite.

I am not comparing Bush to Felix Jones. I will compare him to Maurice Jones-Drew. I think MJD is the better player and he did not cost the #2 overall draft pick to get.

Good comparison but....

The teams that picked Vernon Davis, Huff, Leinart and Vince Young would take Bush over their picks anyday....

Might have been a reach in hindsight but he is better than most of that top first round tier draft class.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Sounds a little silly to me....I love Felix, but I'd trade him for Reggie Bush in a heartbeat. Bush has more receptions at this stage of his career than any player at any position in the history of the NFL.

Reggie is still a difference maker on returns and in the passing game, and can do exactly what Felix does when given the ball on the outside or with good blocking...and more.

Reggie is downgraded because of the hype and his draft position...there's not a team in the NFL that wouldn't make room for Reggie on its roster.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I'd take Reggie, he's the most dangerous guy in thye league when he get's a little open space in front of him.